ADVERTISEMENT

your thoughts on ridley

They will be horrible with wood at the helm it's a guarantee. Also putting all the pee-wee football coaches on the staff is a horrible idea just because he is trying to keep kids in the area, but all you have to do is win and they will not win, they are drowning in a sinking ship but let's be honest anything is better than Decker. He was horrible and not committed to the program and he was a total disaster for that program it's a shame that one man totally killed the program, and the don't tell me he was good when he started because he inherited wallers kids and Batty held down the def, and everyone who knows Ridley football knows Batty left because of the shitty work ethic Decker had. But it's not all his fault because the AD and school board should have done there homework on him because he was only an OC at Glen Mills that runs 4 maybe 5 plays, once again it's all in the past but Wood is not the answer.

I hear they are getting a real deal RB transfer in from DE name Gary Brightwell! Also another RB from West Catholic.
I wouldn't count them out for Central League Championship..

Is there any back story on these transfers. WHy they're leaving their schools? Do they have any history with Ridley? How do they land in Ridley? Etc. Sounds like the Delaware kid is also a pretty good basketball player as well. If these two RBs are transferring in, and with Young and Stratton coming back, that gives them a dynamic backfield, especially in the triple option offense. OL struggled last year, and 3/4 of them were seniors so it'll be interesting to see if they can put the front together for the athletes behind them.

Heres a little back story on the 2 kids:

1. Ocilelle Miller-he is a transfer from West Catholic and is already enrolled at Ridley. He will be a junior next year, saw some time for WC as RB, but looks better as a DB. Huck has already commented on him from other posts..Somewhat on the small side, but very shifty if you watch his highlight films.. He is originally from North Carolina, moved to Folsom a few years ago and was at WC in 9th and part of 10th grade. As he lives in the Ridley School District-Ridley would be his home school -that's how he landed at Ridley.

2. Gary Brightwell-not transferred in yet but rumored to be on his way. He is a D-1 talented RB who rushed for over 1500 yards last year and scored 23 TD's. He played youth ball in the Ridley/Chester area before moving to Delaware a few years ago. There has always been some sort of odd connection to the Ridley/Chester area and the Middletown/Glasgow area in Delaware where kids seem to shuttle back and forth. MY guess is that if he grew up in the Ridley/Chester area that he must have relatives still in the area and that's how he could possibly land at Ridley.

The good thing about having 20 coaches on your staff is you can spend hour after hour looking for kids who ever stopped at any WAWA in Ridley School District to see if they want to come "home" to play for RIDLEY. Lately, Ridley has started to lose some kids to other schools when that was unheard of years ago.

A friend of mine was at a 7 on 7 tournament in which Gary Brightwell was playing for team Delaware, as well as viewed his highlight tape, and he said Brightwell would most definitely be the best RB in the central league next year and would probably have been the best back in the league this year. I trust this guys opinion as he is a central league guy who saw each of the teams more than a few times last year. If he does end up at Ridley, Ridley may be the team to beat. Speed, is he definitely leaving Delaware?

I do not know for sure if he's leaving or not. Just a rumor at this point. But he does have some connection to the Ridley area so it's certainly a possibility. And there are people at ridley that both know him and know of his ability. But I guess only the kid knows for sure.

Just saw some film of this guy.. Yeah he is legit.. He is quick, explosive and can cut, run, good hands.. Good routes..
Yeah that kid would be a difference maker on pretty much any team if they get them. Very explosive!

The kid from West Cathloc is no doubt going to be at Ridley but the kid from Delaware will not be at Ridley and wood is still a horrible pick as the Head guy

give your thoughts stalk
Sorry C1....back at you late. The guys close to the program will fill in the blanks and keep us updated on the transfer issues but I do see a few things:
Three things stick out to me, coaching, their schedule and the line that was a good one and I believe needs rebuilt. New coach; time will tell. And the most overlooked aspect of team assessment in my view is often scheduling and theirs present some issues with Truman at home in opener, a Truman group we all know is not the same ole Truman. Playing an experienced Qb is always dangerous (big kid, can run) early but at least it's at home. Truman's defense is a concern but with a few back on offense it could be entertaining with the vets coming in confident winning their last 4.
Thereon the schedule looks like it was made by their opponents, playing 3 straight on the road beginning with Haverford then G-Val and Haven. You'd rather face that group later, especially being road games. Other away games are Marple and Stoga so they don't catch any breaks there.
Still working Florida teams for a friend and of course Mid Penn, mostly Commonwealth Div....Cumberland Valley, CD, Harrisburg, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT