ADVERTISEMENT

Sjp vs rest of 6A

I hear you Stalk but I'm only talking this year. Definitely not comparing the two programs although both have been at the top of their classifications/district for the the past 6-7 years.

I'd imagine though that McD could build a "4A version" of Prep with all the talent in the surrounding area (Harrisburg, Central Dauphin, Hershey, West Shore schools, Cumberland Valley, Susquehanna Twp, Steelton, Middletown etc.). Not sure the climate out there for creating a central PA superpower but they're in as good as spot as anyone to do it...
I think we need to recognize how unique SJP is and that it takes everyone being onboard for that to happen. To me, about McD, the question to be answered (I think it already had been) is commitment. No other school in PA has made and importantly....wanted....to make that commitment.
Harrisburg is a historic football hotbed. But football at that level just isn't important to them. They're a high school that wants to be successful of course but at a more typical level, like Pitt CC, Cathedral Prep, West Catholic in the past and a few others; LaSalle with Gordon, Allen CC, et al.
But to achieve the level of success you see at St. Joe's, St. Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Gorman, Mater Dei and others across the country takes sustained commitment and devotion to the cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT