ADVERTISEMENT

Year 1 in Infante's tenure

kitwor

Feb 2, 2010
The D'Andre Swift post has me thinking about what Infante had to endure at the start of his first year at the Prep. If memory serves me right, they had a team in place that could have played with anyone in the state but lost several players to transfer after Brooks was let go including his entire starting backfield. I am trying to remember who all left and what coach was left to work with. I know that Peoples was one of those players.

I'm sure this post was out a number of times when he first took over.

The Prep lost Spencer Reid and the Pelliciotti brothers--one of whom, Dan, was an AC defensive end or linebacker at Roman the next season (and who now is on the staff at SJP) while the other was a starter at Roman as well--before Brooks left. As you say, they lost Peoples to Wood. They also lost Neefe to Penn Charter and Alwin (who was a starter as a freshman at SJP) to Camden Catholic after Brooks left. There may have been others, but those are the ones I recall. Mornhinweg stayed, so they didn't lose the whole backfield. Obviously, the year after Brooks (and most of his coaching staff) left was a tough one, but I'm not sure they would have been a great team if he had stayed. People were focused on the potential of Peoples and Alwin (both of whom really were talented) but there wasn't much senior talent returning in any case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT