ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL AAAA Rankings - Week 7

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
No changes at the top, Lebo moving up.

1. Woody High: They have a tough run of West A, Lebo, and arch-rival Penn Hills coming up. They can win all of these without Sanders at 100%, but that's a rough three game stretch. Passing game is still suspect and defense will get a test with Lebo who likes to spread the field. Woody's athleticism should make up for that, but its a different look.

2. Penn Trafford: Another ho-hum week in the worst of the 3 AAAA WPIAL Conferences. PT's goal is to not get anyone hurt over the next 4 weeks and study lots of film of possible playoff opponents. Plum could offer some resistance, but PT should be ok.

3. Pine-Richland: While the score didn't indicate it, the PR offense vs. SV was pretty amazing to watch. PA guy announced 450 yards of offense at the half! Jurkovec is the really good and he was getting plays from his receivers and running backs. Defense was solid, but gave up 3 huge plays that led directly to TD's. That has the get better. PR has a terrible Butler team this week and then a huge matchup with Central Catholic next Friday. Finish up the season with Peters Twp.

4. North Allegheny: They close out with Fox Chapel (0-6), Latrobe (0-6) and North Hills (2-4). No injuries, play the JV kids to keep the parents happy, and get ready for the playoffs. And they will probably smack around NH just for fun - onside kicks, fake punts, two points plays.

5. Lebo: I wasn't a believer, but they managed to get the win versus Bethel Park, and from everything I've heard, they are playing hard and seem to believe in what they are doing. I read that this is the first class that didn't learn anything under the old staff, so maybe all their program building is paying off. They should handle North Hills this week, then huge games against Woody and arch-rival Upper St. Clair.

6. Central Catholic: Dropped them a spot because they have been "blah.". Games versus North Hills last week was much closer than the score indicated. 24-7 with a few minutes to go in the 3rd. NH had a bad snap on a punt which led to a TD and the flood gates were opened. Have a huge test this week versus SV. PCC needs to step up and beat a team with a winning record. If SV can score 28-31 points, they can win.

7. McKeesport: Big game this week versus Plum, who lost two incredibly close games to them last year. Plum will be ready, but they are playing at McKeesport. I think McKeesport's offense (even with no passing game) will score enough to get by Plum. (Make no mistake - Plum is improving, but have a way to go yet.)

8. Seneca Valley: Two close games to conference powers NA and PR are contrasted by a loss to Norwin. Offensively, they have alot of weapons and they are solid defensively. The biggest change this year that I noticed is that they play so much harder under the new coach. If they can manage to beat PCC, they will be the third seed from the conference and have a great shot at a home playoff game.

Next 3:
Bethel Park
USC
Plum

Still Hope
Norwin - Have PT and McP left on schedule.

That's a nice grouping new2pa. The only other tough out I'd list would be Penn Hills. They can make a HUGE Impact closing at Bethel, SenVal then home to you know who where we always toss the coin! They get them home this time.

Woody; I think it's real simple with Woody and my team Central Dauphin, they need to show a passing game for a deep run.
Penn Traf; Love these veteran teams with an experienced QB.
Pine Rich; RIght, the O is amazing especially considering last year's grads. Great job Coach K.
NA; Sure looks like 8-1 like you inferred. What's new, NA is always there.
Lebo; See Penn Traf. Ok this week but tough finish. And ain't it the truth, Woody-PH, NA-NH or Lebo-St Clair, man these rivalries are nuts!
PittCC; Better hadn't be looking ahead to PR or SenVal will get them.
McKees; Should go 8-1 like NA and don't think Plum's schedule prepped them for this group.
Sen Val; Right, Norwin? But they have a vet team and QB and actually thought they'd be more. Wow these guys score a lot of point.

Others:........Penn Hills.

Was at the PCC SV games last night . Central looked better. Made SV offense one dimensional holding holding them minus rushing yards. The final was 38-14 PCC. The big game is next week against Pine Richland, should a doozy.

Next week's game against Pine Richland will tell us a lot about this team. As it turns out they have an inexperienced offensive line. They have been working on it.

Next week's game against Pine Richland will tell us a lot about this team. As it turns out they have an inexperienced offensive line. They have been working on it.
Too bad this game isn't on PCN game of the week. May see one of these two in the finals this year. The final could be a rematch of last years PR. vs SJP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT