ADVERTISEMENT

Why does District 12 only play a 9 game regular season?

To me its so sad to have McDevitt playing a A team . I remember the days when they played the big boys and did well some years. Now its a struggle to stay open.
Agreed, but I think being able to play similar sized schools is going to help their profile. We all know that sports do increase the profile of schools at all levels. Kids want to play at schools where they have a chance at states now and this should help them with enrollment especially with the new coaching regime coming.

Reactions: lilromeo
I know Gratz is pretty good but Im not confident they would handle Spring-Ford. Spring-Ford beat State College earlier this year and PV. Those are two wins better than any Gratz currently has.

Agree IAdelco, what big game has Gratz ever won? The last great PUB team I saw was GW in '04. They took 12-0 Easton right down to the wire, losing 15-10. They drove deep into Rover territory but could not punch in the winning TD. That was couple days after beating Ryan on Thanksgiving.

Allow me to rip D1 folks. Lower Moreland is in the 2A playoffs this weekend against New Hope-Solebury. LM is 2-8 and has been outscored 371-79. They lost the first meeting with NHS 55-8. I'm sure they will be lining up for this one.

I saw Gratz take on both Imhotep and Wood, who I hope you would stipulate would both crush Spring Ford. Gratz was in both of those games and one could make an argument that if they were more disciplined could have stolen a win. Not a big if person, but just pointing out that I think they are better than your average pub team.

I'll agree Imhoptep and Wood are better than Spring-Ford. However, Gratz lost to Imhoptep 36-6. Did you leave at halftime? I believe Spring-Ford could keep the game that close. Wood game was closer losing by 14. I'd didn't see the game but I'll take your word for it. Hope you don't mind, but I'll stick with Spring-Ford nipping Gratz on a hunch.

The Easton-GW game in 2004 was a classic. Nothing scarier than when Jerry Butler taking a pitch and getting the corner. That Easton defense had speed everywhere, but Butler completely broke geometry.

GW actually scored late to take a lead, but Jarred Holley, then a freshman, busted a long run on an end around to spark a TD drive in the last five minutes. Great football game.

Right Rover, I was there, great atmosphere. The first year that D12 schools participated in the PIAA. I always hoped that Butler would have a nice career at Wisconsin, but it never happened.

Imhotep would crush Spring-Ford just like they were supposed to crush Wyomissing in 2012 and South Fayette in 2013. They were outscored 76-13 in those two games. I still get a kick out of that dope Joseph Santoliquito predicting Imhotep 50 South Fayette 6. I think all the pressure is on Imhotep in a couple weeks against Wood. They need a signature win in the post-season.

Reactions: yesman3
Wisconsin was kind of a weird fit, when was the last time you remember them with a little scat back?

Butler was probably ahead of his time, juuuuust missing the spread revolution in college football. Now, basically every team in the country is running schemes that thrive on players of his size, speed, and skill set. He was built to get the ball on jet sweeps and bubbles, not exactly the Wisconsin offense, or really anybody's at that point.

Right Rover, I was there, great atmosphere. The first year that D12 schools participated in the PIAA. I always hoped that Butler would have a nice career at Wisconsin, but it never happened.

Imhotep would crush Spring-Ford just like they were supposed to crush Wyomissing in 2012 and South Fayette in 2013. They were outscored 76-13 in those two games. I still get a kick out of that dope Joseph Santoliquito predicting Imhotep 50 South Fayette 6. I think all the pressure is on Imhotep in a couple weeks against Wood. They need a signature win in the post-season.

Brother,
Crosby has proved he can recruit and poach with the best of them, only Devlin in his class for that craft. Truly an All-Star team down there! PCL 4A heavies are small potatoes in that regard, IMO..
You pointed out above playoff games as I would have. A total systematic mental team breakdown, the physical/athletic talent was not paralleled in those contests. This year he's acquired high level proven coaches and advisors/consultants( as it was written) to the program.
Wood is not quite the "Wood" of the last several years(at the los), but no slouch!! Unless there is an act of God, there can be no excuses with 'Teps level and depth of athletic talent to consider anything less than a State Championship a massive disappointment. I would imagine that the Crosby 'regime' would probably agree.

Mabel Greer's Toyshop

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT