ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Souderton?

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
I've done some research but what's the view in SE PA on Souderton? Paper tiger? Hard arguing 6-0 and it looks like they could go undefeated with that schedule.

I've done some research but what's the view in SE PA on Souderton? Paper tiger? Hard arguing 6-0 and it looks like they could go undefeated with that schedule.
Ed Gallagher is a VERY good coach and they're formidable when they have a strong roster, which is not every year. They've got a good back and talented receiver and will be sound on both sides of the ball, especially up front. They're a team that is a matchup problem if you don't have a good DC that knows how to defend the wing-t. (Or just vastly superior talent) I don't know if they will make a deep run, District one is a bit of a minefield this year, so after the Ches-Mont beats up on themselves a bit you'll have some lower seeds that no one will want to see early on. But to answer your original question, NOT a paper tiger, they're a good team.

It’s shaking out that SOL tier 1 is Bucks West and South. Tier 2 appears to be Souderton, Bucks East and maybe Pennsbury with their recent win over Bucks East. Rock South also looks legit but like Souderton their schedule is a bit weaker. Of course NPenn might fight their way up but they’re getting killed by the Bucks teams. Might not be their year. Looks like Neshaminy, Pennridge and North Penn are fighting to get out of the cellar.

The winner of Bucks will no doubt be the top contender from SOL. Last year Bucks South just ran over Bucks West and then was beat by Souderton come playoff time. It’s odd, Souderton had some real good squads in the past so possibly able to make a run.

I think it’s still a bit early, Garnet looks to have some issues and the Chestmont powers haven’t matched up yet.

Reactions: Stalker
Ed Gallagher is a VERY good coach and they're formidable when they have a strong roster, which is not every year. They've got a good back and talented receiver and will be sound on both sides of the ball, especially up front. They're a team that is a matchup problem if you don't have a good DC that knows how to defend the wing-t. (Or just vastly superior talent) I don't know if they will make a deep run, District one is a bit of a minefield this year, so after the Ches-Mont beats up on themselves a bit you'll have some lower seeds that no one will want to see early on. But to answer your original question, NOT a paper tiger, they're a good team.
Back in the day before you were on the board bucksftball, I did a SE PA ranking (1-12), a Mid-State ranking (3, 4, 5, 6, 9) then finally settled into my home district, District-3. So it was years ago where Coach Gallagher impressed and still does.
I was looking for a friend (Warwick game) to find they have a decent soph Qb in Ben Walsh at 41/56/598, 72%, who missed CRN and Tru games with injury. Still, he looks like a keeper tho young. He's fortunate having a vet OL of decent size, Rb Ryan Sadowski at 772 if I totaled it right and a very impressive multi-talented Dan Dyches. They survived Haverford, Pridge and CB-E by 4, 5 and 2 points before blowing out CR-N, Tru and Qtown. So the comp was really weak at 10-25 combined but allowed development of Walsh and others; games average 32-15.
The remaining games look winnable vs Warwick, CR-S, Up Dub, Bensalem with wildcards at CR and maybe a whacky Warwick team. When on their game it's a war with that big line losing at home to 5-1 Cedar Crest 29-23 in overtime and undefeated Exeter (6-0) 28-21. When not, Manheim Central (5-1) rolled them 49-0.

Back in the day before you were on the board bucksftball, I did a SE PA ranking (1-12), a Mid-State ranking (3, 4, 5, 6, 9) then finally settled into my home district, District-3. So it was years ago where Coach Gallagher impressed and still does.
I was looking for a friend (Warwick game) to find they have a decent soph Qb in Ben Walsh at 41/56/598, 72%, who missed CRN and Tru games with injury. Still, he looks like a keeper tho young. He's fortunate having a vet OL of decent size, Rb Ryan Sadowski at 772 if I totaled it right and a very impressive multi-talented Dan Dyches. They survived Haverford, Pridge and CB-E by 4, 5 and 2 points before blowing out CR-N, Tru and Qtown. So the comp was really weak at 10-25 combined but allowed development of Walsh and others; games average 32-15.
The remaining games look winnable vs Warwick, CR-S, Up Dub, Bensalem with wildcards at CR and maybe a whacky Warwick team. When on their game it's a war with that big line losing at home to 5-1 Cedar Crest 29-23 in overtime and undefeated Exeter (6-0) 28-21. When not, Manheim Central (5-1) rolled them 49-0.
This must be the fill-in game with Hatboro-Horsham playing independent for now. Looks like Warwick has been competitive except for the MC game. Souderton's best win to date was probably CB East, but East obviously isn't last year's team.

I do think they are going to win out, with CR South being the toughest opponent left, but I think the offense is clicking enough to get past them. With West and South having to play each other, that would put them as the 4th seed at worst. (I don't want to even start to figure out the bonus points but there are only 5 undefeated teams at this point.) They could definitely finish higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT