ADVERTISEMENT

USATODAY Playoff shakeups open door for three new Super 25 teams

green_beans

Sep 9, 2015
Congrats to NP's... for cracking the USATODAY's top 25... not bad for a public school...great job coaches and players!!!

PA1944663910.gif

NORTH PENN HS (LANSDALE)
Lansdale, PA
13-0-0
SOS: 6
POW: 8
OFF: 10
DEF: 17

Previous: Not ranked. Result: RB Nick Dillon ran for three TDs in a 42-25 defeat of Coatesville in a 6A District 1 third-round playoff on Friday. Next: Friday vs. Garnet Valley (Glen Mills) in a 6A quarterfinal.

Reactions: lilromeo
Pretty cool!! Good for NP, the SOL and southeastern PA.

And then that potential matchup the following week of St. Joe's and the Knights would see two teams Top 25 USA Today teams (from our corner of PA) lining up for the PA Eastern Championship.

Nice.

Public school? Didn't they recruit their QB? Aren't they twice the size of most medium to larger public schools? lol

Reactions: CYOBALL1
It is not recruiting when the kid lives in the district. It is his ( legal) public school. As for the size, yeah it is big, and that is an advantage, but it is still a public school having only locally redding kids on the team.

It is not recruiting when the kid lives in the district. It is his ( legal) public school. As for the size, yeah it is big, and that is an advantage, but it is still a public school having only locally redding kids on the team.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better!!

in the past when I have offered congrats to the various "open enrollment" schools who's coaches attend more CYO games then grand parents do before heading to bingo.... or when Lasalle lost to NP (ouch I said it was a tough game for a first year starter at QB.. even went as far as saying I wouldn't want to pay them again this year), and prep beat them twice this year (really big ouch) took the high road.... and listened to the LS faithful blame it on the direction LS was taking on supporting all sports

and when NP eventually losses (most likely to Prep) I will be the first to congratulate them and wish them well in representing the eastern part of the state and all of the trolls or haters (if that you better) can all come from out of the wood work singing nanny nanny boo boo...

as far as the team goes..I know for a fact the the O-line, receivers and backs and the D all played for either the cannoneers or squires, and went to the three local middle schools...I do not believe any of them travel from south jersey to play...

for now I am going to simply enjoy a great accomplishment for my team...

in the past when I have offered congrats to the various "open enrollment" schools who's coaches attend more CYO games then grand parents do before heading to bingo.... or when Lasalle lost to NP (ouch I said it was a tough game for a first year starter at QB.. even went as far as saying I wouldn't want to pay them again this year), and prep beat them twice this year (really big ouch) took the high road.... and listened to the LS faithful blame it on the direction LS was taking on supporting all sports

and when NP eventually losses (most likely to Prep) I will be the first to congratulate them and wish them well in representing the eastern part of the state and all of the trolls or haters (if that you better) can all come from out of the wood work singing nanny nanny boo boo...

as far as the team goes..I know for a fact the the O-line, receivers and backs and the D all played for either the cannoneers or squires, and went to the three local middle schools...I do not believe any of them travel from south jersey to play...

The following is a quoted statement from Green Bean.
"I have been a long time reader to this forum, however this is my first time posting.

Reading this thread has been interesting to say the least. I feel bad for the kid who transferred to NP, in all honesty he has been put into a no-win situation by his father and his coach and regardless of how he performs he will have to pay for their sins the next two years with everyone guessing why he transferred and what secrete deals were made. This young man is trying to be an adult while those who are supposed to be educating him are acting like children.

Also I have to correct the poster who mentioned the QB from last year, there were actually two QBs who fought all through summer camp and into the fall to see who would get the starting job. In the end # 12 did win the position (I forget the other kids number), where I am going with this is, you have to QBs who were good enough to bring you a co-conf championship and take you into the playoffs?? So my question is, what happened to them that you felt the need to bring in someone to replace them before they had a chance to play and either succeed or fail this season??"

Didn't seem like you were too onboard with the move when it happened, did it Green Bean?? That passive aggressive stuff doesn't work all the time.

Public school? Didn't they recruit their QB? Aren't they twice the size of most medium to larger public schools? lol
Every one of their players lives in the district. They do not have open enrollment. AND...Upper Darby, Hazleton, Pennsbury, Parkland, and Reading are all larger than North Penn while Northeast is right behind. As you can see, some of them are very successful and some are less successful. North Penn has sustained its level by developing young players through the two youth programs in the area. I expect if any of these other teams I mentioned have success you will complain about them as well. The success of a high school team and program lies with the ability to develop players from a young age. Garnet Valley isn't big but they have done a fantastic job developing players. They do not have anyone playing both ways and have as many as a hundred kids on the team. Let's not forget that there are two local kids from the NP district playing for private schools. One of them is the starting QB.

Reactions: green_beans
Green beans, go grab your shawl and sit on the couch. Current Qb , WR/safety and kid coming in for next year all came from other schools. Wasn't termed athletic transfer for one secondary to coming from non Piaa school in GA, one because of hazing issue and heat at CB west as well as returning senior starter there and upcoming one has already transferred before. Athletic dept signs off, we have property in district or lived in district so no big stink, but we all know they are here for one reason. Hell, last year Qb from Norristown transferred in to NP, Mom lives there, saw writing on wall and transferred back and ended up playing at Norristown again, maybe academic standards were to high at NP. Does NP make it this far, this year without second year starter hailing from CB west. Does family return to Doylestown when kid graduates or stays in NP area, his new school district and home. We shall see. .. . what do other SOL think now about this benign:change of schools "athletic transfer", does it really freaking matter anymore . It's an epidemic spun by the school however they want to spin it. I guess let's just play ball and may the best " team" win.

Reactions: lilromeo
Paul, if you read the football geniuses at Suburban one sports you will see that they take multiple shots at prior NP Qb's and how Beck doesn't like them.. They haven't had a QB in years at NP is what they write. Beck and NP saw an opportunity 2 years ago with a solid squad set for 2015 and 16, possible state title contender, they just needed a Quarterback and so they got one.

Reactions: paul from philly
The following is a quoted statement from Green Bean.
"I have been a long time reader to this forum, however this is my first time posting.

Reading this thread has been interesting to say the least. I feel bad for the kid who transferred to NP, in all honesty he has been put into a no-win situation by his father and his coach and regardless of how he performs he will have to pay for their sins the next two years with everyone guessing why he transferred and what secrete deals were made. This young man is trying to be an adult while those who are supposed to be educating him are acting like children.

Also I have to correct the poster who mentioned the QB from last year, there were actually two QBs who fought all through summer camp and into the fall to see who would get the starting job. In the end # 12 did win the position (I forget the other kids number), where I am going with this is, you have to QBs who were good enough to bring you a co-conf championship and take you into the playoffs?? So my question is, what happened to them that you felt the need to bring in someone to replace them before they had a chance to play and either succeed or fail this season??"

Didn't seem like you were too onboard with the move when it happened, did it Green Bean?? That passive aggressive stuff doesn't work all the time.
Paul.. sorry I'm a public school kids so I'm not sure of your point?? I do remember the post as it was right after his dad undressed you.. but that's not the Q.. was I on board with the move.. not really.. in any of my posts since then said boo about the QB.. no.. in my current post I do mention that the team is all of from two local youth programs and local middle schools?? so I'm not really sure what your trying to say?.. I guess my only reply is "ok"

Justis Henley played for the Wissahickon Braves weight ball organization in Roxborough.

Paul.. sorry I'm a public school kids so I'm not sure of your point?? I do remember the post as it was right after his dad undressed you.. but that's not the Q.. was I on board with the move.. not really.. in any of my posts since then said boo about the QB.. no.. in my current post I do mention that the team is all of them local middle schools?? so I'm not really sure what your trying to say?.. I guess my only reply is "ok"

No it was before Dear Jimmy undressed me as you say. You seemed at the time to believe he was thrown into it and recruited, not transferred, by his dear father and the coach. What has changed? Maybe a chance at a State Title??

Reactions: coverandmove1
Paul, the kids who have paid the steepest price are believe #12 and #2 who both saw their senior year go up in flames. CYO ball , I think NPfan 05 knows where Henley played.

Green beans, go grab your shawl and sit on the couch. Current Qb , WR/safety and kid coming in for next year all came from other schools. Wasn't termed athletic transfer for one secondary to coming from non Piaa school in GA, one because of hazing issue and heat at CB west as well as returning senior starter there and upcoming one has already transferred before. Athletic dept signs off, we have property in district or lived in district so no big stink, but we all know they are here for one reason. Hell, last year Qb from Norristown transferred in to NP, Mom lives there, saw writing on wall and transferred back and ended up playing at Norristown again, maybe academic standards were to high at NP. Does NP make it this far, this year without second year starter hailing from CB west. Does family return to Doylestown when kid graduates or stays in NP area, his new school district and home. We shall see. .. . what do other SOL think now about this benign:change of schools "athletic transfer", does it really freaking matter anymore . It's an epidemic spun by the school however they want to spin it. I guess let's just play ball and may the best " team" win.

cover.. oh wise one.. with the exception of the QB.. do the other kids live in or out of the district.. the Norristown kid is irrelevant because he didn't play.. if they have always lived in the district.. went to a private school and felt that for whatever reason they wanted to be in the same school with kids they grew up with.. hate to say it.. but may have more in common with and that they would rather go to NP?? who knows but at the end of the day they are district kids who did not move out of the district.. also.. with all the focus on the QB and safety/WR... I don't have an actual number.. but I don't believe I have seen either of them playing O-line giving the Q time to throw or the back huge holes to run through.. not sure but I do not believe that either of them has played D line or crashed as a DE.. you may be getting the game I have been watching on Friday nights confused with 7*7s..

beans,
True LS supporters don't "blame" the administrative posture it takes in being broad-based supportive of all their team sports and academic endeavors. They are, and would imagine, continue to be supportive of the school's mission and efforts.

All they're saying is because of that directive it has and will continue to be very difficult to compete with their Jesuit rivals in football, where the concentration focus/effort and support is un-paralleled.

GB, nice. But isn't it hypocritical of these kids, parents to not want to play at NP ie beck, ground and pound, nobody likes playing for him and therefore look for other options to suit their needs , because everyone's child is a D1 recruit. Only to come back later when things don't work out and say well "I live in the school district." Tell me why you left in the first place? Isn't it hypocritical of the coach who bashes same kids for leaving the district and his program only to play them right away when they return!

No it was before Dear Jimmy undressed me as you say. You seemed at the time to believe he was thrown into it and recruited, not transferred, by his dear father and the coach. What has changed? Maybe a chance at a State Title??

Paul I give up... I just said in my last post .. I have not once mentioned him since the last year.. I did say I agreed with my original post...I am very proud of what the "TEAM" is doing... also one position does not make a TEAM...do you actually watch the game or just grab info to snipe with... did you ever see the five larger kids that stand in from of the QB... they are called blockers... without those kids doing their job the kids behind them can't do their job....the squad is made up of good kids form the area that have come through two great youth programs......... not sure how else to explain this to you...so I'll go with your right and I'm wrong... please tell me your not this obtuse in real life....if one or two is from another youth program.. shame on me for having my fact wrong...2 out of a 100.. still gives me a 98 and that is an A+ in public school

Last edited:
Success, and continued success, comes at a price. I do believe there are bodies strewn along the road in the path of that success at NP. But I am sure any public school that has dominated a district for this long has those bodies...innuendos if you don't know for sure right.

Paul I give up... I just said in my last post .. I have not once mentioned him since the last year.. I did say I agreed with my original post...I am very proud of what the "TEAM" is doing... also one position does not make a TEAM...do you actually watch the game or just grab info to snipe with... did you ever see the five larger kids that stand in from of the QB... they are called blockers... without those kids doing their job the kids behind them can't do their job....the squad is made up of good kids form the area that have come through two great youth programs......... not sure how else to explain this to you...so I'll go with your right and I'm wrong... please tell me your not this obtuse in real life....if one or two is from another youth program.. shame on me for having my fact wrong...2 out of a 100.. still gives me a 98 and that is an A+ in public school

But one kid is from a youth program that isn't even relatively close to the NP School district. Could this kid be a "RECRUIT"? OH NO!!!!

Thanks for the explanation. But I don't think I'm being obtuse at all. I know you haven't mentioned Udinski because if you had, it would prove you're being hypocritical. And just so you know, I do follow the games and believe me, if NP didn't have Udinski, we would not be having this conversation because this one guy does make the TEAM!

I agree with Paul. North Penn has a very good team and who knows may still be playing for a district title this Friday night. However, anyone who doesnt believe Udinski takes them to another level is kidding themselves. Udinski makes North Penn's passing game. He comes out of the huddle, sees two high or one high and knows which side of the field he is going to throw just like the great LaSalle qbs of the past 10-15 years. North Penn is multi dimensional because of Udinski. Anyone who doesnt see that is obtuse regardless of whether he is a transfer or not. By the way, I was not aware of the Udinski story. Could someone please fill me in. I guess I was "late to the party."

I agree with Paul. North Penn has a very good team and who knows may still be playing for a district title this Friday night. However, anyone who doesnt believe Udinski takes them to another level is kidding themselves. Udinski makes North Penn's passing game. He comes out of the huddle, sees two high or one high and knows which side of the field he is going to throw just like the great LaSalle qbs of the past 10-15 years. North Penn is multi dimensional because of Udinski. Anyone who doesnt see that is obtuse regardless of whether he is a transfer or not. By the way, I was not aware of the Udinski story. Could someone please fill me in. I guess I was "late to the party."
Same.. I didn't know he transferred in?

How about the following: Public schools that have demonstrated continued success on the gridiron should attribute their success, by and large, to the feeder programs and local talent pools. Private schools, conversely, must market their respective institution and offer financial aid in some cases (for both athletes and non-athletes) to sustain their programs because, as I believe we all can agree, they would cease to exist otherwise.

Success, and continued success, comes at a price. I do believe there are bodies strewn along the road in the path of that success at NP. But I am sure any public school that has dominated a district for this long has those bodies...innuendos if you don't know for sure right.
agree.. just look at CB west.. they left a large pile of bodies along the way

I agree Udinski is the "final" peace of the puzzle.. but was he given a VW or a Coupe Dville to drive...

he has 5 WRs, 2 very good TE's, a great O-line..who except of one are under class men... a very good RB ( I think is one of the fastest they have had since Mercer) only runs north and south- makes you wonder if it wasn't for the full stable they had last year how good could this kid have really been???). a really nice FB (big kid who hits the whole hard)... granted without UD they might not be doing as well... but when you have a fully loaded caddie to drive it's hard not to have a good day..

Ouch, the guns are out of the holsters now!! I guess that's the closest we'll get to him admitting to recruiting!!
Eagles vs Dallas, Prep vs Lasalle, Hatfield vs McCoys... that somes up NP vs CB west in the 70s and 80s only not as friendly (football, wrestling, pitching Penney's.. it didn't matter if it was NP v West it was big).. .. shame we didn't have the internet than... lol... I'm not saying west recruited... just a lot of families enjoyed moving to the doylestown so they could walk to Kellys after the games then walk home..

As my good friend would say , this is almost as good as a tittie bar, except for the breasts and booze!!

But one kid is from a youth program that isn't even relatively close to the NP School district. Could this kid be a "RECRUIT"? OH NO!!!!
Wisc and NP share the boarder near the Wm Penn Inn.. so if you live on the far end of North Wales (still in NP).. your youth programs are Squires or Wisc... if all your friend play at Wisc.. where are you going to want to play??? simple logistics

As my good friend would say , this is almost as good as a tittie bar, except for the breasts and booze!!
now were talking true recruiting... I say we go to the bar..drink beer and see who can wait the longest to use the head... first one to go has to pick up the tab...

To long ago for me to do the research. Can I just get a "cliff notes " version please?

Wisc and NP share the boarder near the Wm Penn Inn.. so if you live on the far end of North Wales (still in NP).. your youth programs are Squires or Wisc... if all your friend play at Wisc.. where are you going to want to play??? simple logistics
I don't think were on the same page here. I was joking about the recruiting part. The kid most likely lives in the NP school district. Henley played for the Wissahickon Braves organization in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia.

So Roxborough borders North Penn? I need a District 1 geography lesson. I never knew how close North Penn was to Philadelphia. Its remarkable that North Penn doesnt lose more kids to LaSalle or St. Joes considering how close it is to the city limits.

guys.. he lives in NP.. played youth football in Rox.. I thought cyo meant Wisc school district...I admitted I made a mistake ( I know none of you make them so you may have to google the meaning)...

face it NP gets some national attention..prep people can't stand it because the national link belongs to them and only them... wood is still mad because they can't beat prep and everyone in the country saw it... and Lasalle.. who really cares they now have to spread the wealth and will not be much of a force in the PIAA football shortly...

guys.. a local school did a very good thing... I will enjoy it with all of the NP families that have lived here for years or just moved in for football season...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT