ADVERTISEMENT

TRANSFERS

Hate to say it but hear a Qb from Norristown has been at North Penn 7/7. Can anyone confirm?

Henley and Haynes dad's are two of the biggest recruiters out there. Plucking from phillys finest I presume.

Hear the jaron kid is already looking to leave np but AD bartle may be finally developing a conscience and block a move. What a joke this stuff is.

he is such a good player that he passed on wood prep lasalle and imhotep for ryan
Where is the kid from? Is he from the far northeast part of philly? Perhaps he didn't want to leave his area? Maybe Ryan made tuition most affordable for his family? Maybe he didn't get accepted to SJP and LaSalle didn't give him enough aid. Perhaps his family wanted him to get an education so they didn't consider TEP. Or maybe, just maybe he was very small in 8th grade and he flew under the radar of the power house programs that you listed.

Yeah they're working hard. Heard Roman is losing one after the year. Please believe they're selling the free education pitch to these inner-city catholic school parents.
Who are you hearing that Roman is losing?

Word is a few younger players reached out to some coaches and players inquiring about a possible move. They're staying put for the remaining of the school year to see if the QB situation will be clearer.
I believe they are more concerned about being beat out for position by younger players(sophs)

I believe they are more concerned about being beat out for position by younger players(sophs)
These were Freshmen/Sophomores I was referring to..... you guys don't have any juniors, so I would expect those spots would go to Sophs. Maybe Cooper is the only returning offensive guy that would be concerned with the QB , but other than that all of the offense was basically seniors.

These were Freshmen/Sophomores I was referring to..... you guys don't have any juniors, so I would expect those spots would go to Sophs. Maybe Cooper is the only returning offensive guy that would be concerned with the QB , but other than that all of the offense was basically seniors.
So no names, just a bunch of underclassmen transferring? Gotcha

Where is the kid from? Is he from the far northeast part of philly? Perhaps he didn't want to leave his area? Maybe Ryan made tuition most affordable for his family? Maybe he didn't get accepted to SJP and LaSalle didn't give him enough aid. Perhaps his family wanted him to get an education so they didn't consider TEP. Or maybe, just maybe he was very small in 8th grade and he flew under the radar of the power house programs that you listed.
germantown

So no names, just a bunch of underclassmen transferring? Gotcha
I don't know if its a bunch or a few. Parents talk and at these workouts you hear things and parents of other teams ( like stated above) approach players/families all the time. I don't know the players names bc these kids either didn't create names for themselves or not worth mentioning. I was told "and 2 Roman kids' slender frame tall kid and a short stocky built kid. My son works out in the county and we get a few Roman kid and most of Philly Finest kids that come out every wknd. The recruiting never stops in the bleachers.

tell me what has he done and not against teams that are under 500
I'm with you Mactatty. He went to a school through its feeder program. It's funny that he left a school with less talent to join a school with stacked skilled guys across the board. If he plays he won't make a huge difference at NP.

tell me what has he done and not against teams that are under 500
Looks like we have a difference of opinion on the kid. I think he's a solid player with big play ability. He had some good production this past season as a SOPH. How many games did he play with his starting QB, 3?
His receiving stats show 35-572 8 TDS.
Raheem Blackshear in his soph year at Judge- 32-465. 4 TD(None against good teams)
I am not saying that he will be as good as Blackshear but his Soph numbers are better. Going to a program with MORE talent will only HELP him.

Looks like we have a difference of opinion on the kid. I think he's a solid player with big play ability. He had some good production this past season as a SOPH. How many games did he play with his starting QB, 3?
His receiving stats show 35-572 8 TDS.
Raheem Blackshear in his soph year at Judge- 32-465. 4 TD(None against good teams)
I am not saying that he will be as good as Blackshear but his Soph numbers are better. Going to a program with MORE talent will only HELP him.
they were good stats against the opposing teams backups

i follow all catholic league football but the topic was a transfer from ryan to np

So, as an avid catholic league football fan, you can say for certainty that all of the talent in the PCL is on the roster of SJP, LaSalle,Wood or Tep?

yes
So, as an avid catholic league football fan, you can say for certainty that all of the talent in the PCL is on the roster of SJP, LaSalle,Wood or Tep?[/QUOTe
yes they are because there not going to ryan judge or lincoln if there that good

Incorrect.
There was a kid who played for Ryan and graduated last year, Wager. Prep was BIG on him. He turned them down to go to Ryan.
Prep also recruited Matt Romano. He chose Ryan. Prep and LaSalle both recruited a linemen from St. Jeromes last year. He was even on the LaSalle sideline when they upset prep in the championship last year. Guess where he is at? I'll answer that, Judge.
I have more examples. Should I continue?

I'll add that Ryan, Judge and every other school in the PCL recruits. LaSalle, Prep and Wood aren't the best fit for every talented 8th grade football player.

All that recruiting and only one state title....

.....and 14 years later they are still the last school from D1 to win a state title. I give them credit for trying to keep up with all the local mega powers. At least they have an outside shot if playing by the same rules as everyone in D12.

Incorrect.
There was a kid who played for Ryan and graduated last year, Wager. Prep was BIG on him. He turned them down to go to Ryan.
Prep also recruited Matt Romano. He chose Ryan. Prep and LaSalle both recruited a linemen from St. Jeromes last year. He was even on the LaSalle sideline when they upset prep in the championship last year. Guess where he is at? I'll answer that, Judge.
I have more examples. Should I continue?
CYOBALL - please do continue. Not as an affront or a challenge, but for information. Names and schools/programs would be great, but I'm not sure where the line is on that. I certainly don't want to see kids get bad mouthed on put out on front street. But being fairly new to this scene, I find the who went where and why interesting. Who's the kid from Jerome's? I've seen a few names of transfers between PCL schools and am intrigued by the possible back stories. Just trying to get a better understanding of who's who and where.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT