ADVERTISEMENT

The Ridley Coaching Rumor Thread

Oh no are we really ringing this Bell again.
Defcon- If Bell would have applied I believe he would have been considered from what I heard almost every Ridley candidate that applies was at least granted an interview. The reason he was not considered is simple he did not apply. That was his decision and was not based on anything that was previously mentioned.
Ridleyray - As for the staff, while Green is a definite, I have been told that everything else is open at this point and no final decisions have been reached. Bell may actually still be in the running. Today was only Woods first day. Who knows, maybe he returns. Unless you know something we don't and he is not interested in returning. You are a big Bell ringer, have any info?

Last edited:
The Lord says there is no info. Staff picked! Old news once posted. Lord knows the staff and its impressive.

Ray -
You stated that Ridley had its staff and eluded that Bell was not asked back and I am certain that is not factual. Soon we may all know For whom the Bell Tolls.

Bonner was offered the oline coaching job but also offered the oline job at Coatesville has a decision to make

Hey Parker, im not sure i said that, but maybe. Just from what i know, Bell has not been contacted by anyone in this process for the asst openings. For that matter, he hasnt been told he was even let go yet from the current AD, lol. Like I said, i have no idea if he does or doesnt want to come back. Lord Ridley may know??

Some of the staff members could have had parts in the movie "Last Vegas". Wood is bringing in his grandfather and great uncle to coach. Well basically.

Whiz - please enlighten? I would love to hear your information and names. Since I have been informed that there is only been two members of the staff hired at this point, Wood and Green.

Parker, Lord knows staff but the Lord won't share it with a peasant like you. Can you dig a moat? The Lord pays in tuber roots.

Lord
Since you are in the know, please enlighten us is the staff Made up of quality coaches?

My sources tell me that if the pieces come together it could be a quality staff?

Some of the staff members could have had parts in the movie "Last Vegas". Wood is bringing in his grandfather and great uncle to coach. Well basically.

Pretty much everywhere Wood interviewed he mentioned bringing Bob Koenig and Mike Guille with him so I'm assuming they are coming.

First I would point out that both of Gentlemen have pretty good resumes and probably better coaching credentials than everyone that is making comments.(myself included) they have been Highschool HC's and full time college coaches. With that being said please be mindful of the old saying about assuming things. I have been told that the only current members of the staff are Wood and Green. I also heard that all of the previous staff as well as some additional Ridley candidates have been called to come in and talk. Additionally, there are a few individuals with GV connections and some College candidates coming in. Staff will not start to take shape for a week or two. Guess some of you just needed to find a new reason to throw stones and complain about something.

Last edited:
The Ridley guys either must not be in the know- which is most definitely pissing them off so early in the wood tenure, or they don't like the people being discussed as part of the staff. Personally, I think wood is having trouble assembling a staff which may end up resulting in him assembling a staff of mostly 50 and up. As far as I've heard, which means nothing, green has no one coming from GV with him. I've also heard that None of last years Ridley coaches will be back.

I heard no one from last years staff is being considered. Also, no one from last years staff even works in the school , so there may be no benefit to having them around anyway. I have also heard that he has put many feelers out but not much response. Maybe the problem is most of his connections are college guys and they do not want to theoretically take a step down in levels and coach high school. That's just food for though , not something I have any personal knowledge on.

I know coach Bonner (alum) was asked back and decided to take the offensive line job at Coatesville to be closer to home guess you don't know everything speed!

Bonner going to coatesville was pretty common knowledge 4i. Valerio couldn't make the commitment at GV what would have changed? Doesn't he have like 3 daughters that play college lacrosse? Rumor has it also that Ridley alum Andrew Pidgeon is going to be the OC at bonner, not that Ridley was considering him though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT