ADVERTISEMENT

STEVE'S VERDICT

Dec 4, 2015
Steve, you are a poacher. “I love the opportunity to mold young men and teach them about the game of football….to see them develop and have success and move on to successful lives and careers, that’s what it’s all about”, you said. We heard the stories of the Friday night lights stalkings, so we did some research and gathered some data. Steve, do you know what we found? Well, let’s just say, it was not “development”. Some items were missing and we found your fingerprints at the crime scene. It isn’t honorable to compete with other school’s blue chippers. The three month football “rentals”are overdue. The Football gods demand explanations, Steve.

STEVE: Hey Tim, did we get the check from JWH3?

TIM: The football “only” stadium funding is on schedule. That said, I’m getting concerned. Steve, the PIAA called and wants to know if the dirty dozen “transfers are materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose?”

STEVE: Tim, I don’t understand. The trio from 2015—the Division I size senior lineman from Abington, the junior WR from Father Judge, and the All-City senior scat back from Chestnut Hill Academy all took my technology class here at ABW, that’s clearly the motivator. (See appendix below for more data).

TIM: Steve, I am really getting nervous this time. When Gil gave you the blueprint* with the cousins I thought that was it… (see Appendix below)

STEVE: (interrupting) DON’T YOU DARE question my tactics! One of those transfers gave us over 1200 yards, 23 TDs, and was SEPA Player of the Year. Did we not garner a state title and deliver a bunch of college scholarships from this maneuver?

TIM: The majority of these kids are going to Division II and III Centennial, MAC and PSAC colleges. Patty and Cloe told me that the acceptance rate at some of those schools are as high as 75%! They would wind up at those schools even if they stayed at SJP, Hatboro-Horsham, Bensalem, GW, CHA, Abington, Lansdale Catholic and Northeast.

STEVE: Hey, these are the recruiting tactics I learned from Rob Curry at Lycoming.

TIM: STOP using that word! We are NOT recruiting. We are offering the values of a Catholic school education.

STEVE: OK, enough. Let’s get back to the kid from Pennridge.

TIM: No one knows about that one, please continue to speak in code, refer to the player from Perkasie as Operation Greenjacket. Also, there is another disclosure on the PIAA form. It says. “I am aware of other facts or circumstances that would lead me to believe that individuals affiliated with my school have engaged in recruiting this student for the purpose of participating in athletics.” I have to check this box and explain. What do I write?

STEVE: The answer is, the kid can help us win a state title and we can get him into a local college. I have talked to Mike and he can get them a shift at the NBI. This has been going on in Central Bucks for decades. Don’t underestimate the influence of AYCE crab night to a high school kid.

TIM: Well, the PIAA is turning a blind eye, but the WPIAL sure has us in the crosshairs. History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.We are not unique.It used to be players only transferring intra-district from CB East to CB West. Do you realize we have pilfered the dirty dozen from The Suburban One, Inter-Ac, Philadelphia Public and Philadelphia Catholic Leagues?

RING-RING

STEVE: Hold on, Tim. The CYO coach of my biggest “feeder”is calling me….

STEVE: Hey, coach how are you? I heard you have some eighth grade difference makers!

DAVE Sr.: (Hemming and hawing) Ahhhh, not sure they are a fit for what you are doing.

STEVE: (Quizzically) We are winning League, District and State titles here. I have more chips than Herr’s

DAVE Sr: Parents are talking, many have seen this movie before. Do I need to mention the kid from Quakertown or my former player that went to Juniata?

Suddenly the line goes dead and in the foggy distance the gods appear…..

Steve, did Steff Kruck pluck a WR from Washington your senior year to take your spot? How about the H-H senior transfer that broke Berwick’s back with those kick returns? Or should we mention the Bensalem fullback that steamrolled Somerset with 3 first half TDs? It’s all about gathering hubcaps, ain’t it? But the gods know it’s not about the X’s and O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. Steve, the “worm”is turning. ABW’s eighth grade pipeline is broken from your empty promises, the new realignment will give future “targets”hope of winning their own state title if they stay at their current schools, and new participants have recently brought a semiautomatic to your knife fight. Just ask Albie, Gordon and Schmidt. How does that shoe fit on the other foot now? You are losing ground in the arms race and TEP is beating you at your own recruiting game. Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him, for what his hands have dealt out shall be done to him. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that he will also reap. The scales of Divine justice always balanceif not here,then hereafter. Three words from the Football gods: SWEET POETIC JUSTICE. You are in Warminster, PA. ABW is NOT Ampipe High. You think you have all the right moves? The barflies at Kenney’s Tavern may be bamboozled by your shell game, but the Football gods are not. Steve, please, take off the mask and put the brown paper bag down. We are hijacking your hold up. We find you guilty of larceny. Here is the good news for you, Steve: it’s not a final verdict and you are not alone (see Chad’s Verdict). You can reverse course and winwith your own players. “Thou shalt not steal”. Actionsspeak louder than words. We, The Football gods, are watching…

APPENDIX:

* The blueprint is as follows: annually recruit seasoned, talented, proven and productive upperclassmen (preferably seniors to be) from any greater Philadelphia area school (3 scalps are ideal). This is to be “subsidized”by generous boosters that have earmarked specific funds to cover any and all tuition and transportation costs. Dangle the offer of playing for a state championship and an opportunity for that elusive dream of a college athletic scholarship. In addition, the PIAA transfer paperwork will be completed and filed, with the integrity of a 2006 mortgage application. BUYER BEWARE (that is you parents, don’t be hoodwinked by the delusions of grandeur).

THE DIRTY DOZEN:

2010:

1. Rutgers RB that actually transferred 3 times in 4 years from SJP and Cheltenham (really?), aforementioned SEPA Player of year. Where does he go for his 10 year reunion?

2. Cousin of #1, FB and DE, transferred as Junior from Abington, eventually went to FCS Wagner. Is a relative on the current coaching staff? The optics look poor, Steve.

3. WR/S Senior transfer year from GW, eventually went to Temple.

4. WR/DB Junior transfer from Hatboro-Horsham. “This is exactly what I signed up for, playing for a state championship is what you dreamed of as a kid and what you strive for every time you put a jersey on”. Interesting quote from the D-II Mercyhurst signee, I wonder if that made it onto the transfer paperwork….

5. 5’8”162lb Senior transfer from Northeast, whereabouts unknown

6. Lansdale Catholic senior transfer, “Rare Breed”two-way player as DE and leading rusher for Crusaders to be one-way player at ABW and “made it” to Steve’s alma mater in Williamsport, Lycoming.

7. Hatboro-Horsham senior transfer, the “Berwick killer”from above. Started out at Shippensburg and now at Gettysburg. All Suburban One at H-H, ran for less than 500 yards for the Vikings. Was it worth it?

8. 6’220lb senior transfer and two way LB and RB from Bensalem that wounded Somerset. “A lot had to do with my parents, they always wanted to send me to a private Catholic school, but couldn’t do it financially before”. (See how He answers your prayers?). Was 1st Team all Suburban One at LB, but not at ABW. “I do miss playing linebacker every once in a while”. Wound up at Bloomsburg.

9. 5’8”145lb WR/DB and senior transfer from CHA, was 3rd team all-city with 31 grabs for 768 yards and 9 TDs. At ABW did not make All-Catholic in a 4 team division and had 17 catches for 295 yards and 4 TDs. What an academic upgrade, so much for getting that hubcap. Shoulda gone to Tep.

10. 6’170lb WR/DB from Judge that transferred as a junior

11. 6’3”290lb OL/DL from Abington also referenced with 9 and 10 in the narrative with Tim and Steve at the top.

12. Operation Greenjacket, Pennridge…pending…..et alia

god,

Lot of effort to put this together. Pretty funny. Could you add the dialog with the principal of the schools these kids transfer FROM when he talked to his AD about signing the transfer papers? Was he signing to avoid a law suite? Was there no recruiting? Did he not care? Were his stones removed at birth?

According to this slant all these transfers could have been stopped if the papers were not signed.

Steve, you are a poacher. “I love the opportunity to mold young men and teach them about the game of football….to see them develop and have success and move on to successful lives and careers, that’s what it’s all about”, you said. We heard the stories of the Friday night lights stalkings, so we did some research and gathered some data. Steve, do you know what we found? Well, let’s just say, it was not “development”. Some items were missing and we found your fingerprints at the crime scene. It isn’t honorable to compete with other school’s blue chippers. The three month football “rentals”are overdue. The Football gods demand explanations, Steve.

TIM: The football “only” stadium funding is on schedule. That said, I’m getting concerned. Steve, the PIAA called and wants to know if the dirty dozen “transfers are materially motivated in some way by an athletic purpose?”

STEVE: Tim, I don’t understand. The trio from 2015—the Division I size senior lineman from Abington, the junior WR from Father Judge, and the All-City senior scat back from Chestnut Hill Academy all took my technology class here at ABW, that’s clearly the motivator. (See appendix below for more data).

TIM: Steve, I am really getting nervous this time. When Gil gave you the blueprint* with the cousins I thought that was it… (see Appendix below)

STEVE: (interrupting) DON’T YOU DARE question my tactics! One of those transfers gave us over 1200 yards, 23 TDs, and was SEPA Player of the Year. Did we not garner a state title and deliver a bunch of college scholarships from this maneuver?

TIM: The majority of these kids are going to Division II and III Centennial, MAC and PSAC colleges. Patty and Cloe told me that the acceptance rate at some of those schools are as high as 75%! They would wind up at those schools even if they stayed at SJP, Hatboro-Horsham, Bensalem, GW, CHA, Abington, Lansdale Catholic and Northeast.

STEVE: Hey, these are the recruiting tactics I learned from Rob Curry at Lycoming.

TIM: STOP using that word! We are NOT recruiting. We are offering the values of a Catholic school education.

TIM: No one knows about that one, please continue to speak in code, refer to the player from Perkasie as Operation Greenjacket. Also, there is another disclosure on the PIAA form. It says. “I am aware of other facts or circumstances that would lead me to believe that individuals affiliated with my school have engaged in recruiting this student for the purpose of participating in athletics.” I have to check this box and explain. What do I write?

STEVE: The answer is, the kid can help us win a state title and we can get him into a local college. I have talked to Mike and he can get them a shift at the NBI. This has been going on in Central Bucks for decades. Don’t underestimate the influence of AYCE crab night to a high school kid.

TIM: Well, the PIAA is turning a blind eye, but the WPIAL sure has us in the crosshairs. History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.We are not unique.It used to be players only transferring intra-district from CB East to CB West. Do you realize we have pilfered the dirty dozen from The Suburban One, Inter-Ac, Philadelphia Public and Philadelphia Catholic Leagues?

RING-RING

STEVE: Hey, coach how are you? I heard you have some eighth grade difference makers!

DAVE Sr.: (Hemming and hawing) Ahhhh, not sure they are a fit for what you are doing.

STEVE: (Quizzically) We are winning League, District and State titles here. I have more chips than Herr’s

DAVE Sr: Parents are talking, many have seen this movie before. Do I need to mention the kid from Quakertown or my former player that went to Juniata?

Steve, did Steff Kruck pluck a WR from Washington your senior year to take your spot? How about the H-H senior transfer that broke Berwick’s back with those kick returns? Or should we mention the Bensalem fullback that steamrolled Somerset with 3 first half TDs? It’s all about gathering hubcaps, ain’t it? But the gods know it’s not about the X’s and O’s, it’s about the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s. Steve, the “worm”is turning. ABW’s eighth grade pipeline is broken from your empty promises, the new realignment will give future “targets”hope of winning their own state title if they stay at their current schools, and new participants have recently brought a semiautomatic to your knife fight. Just ask Albie, Gordon and Schmidt. How does that shoe fit on the other foot now? You are losing ground in the arms race and TEP is beating you at your own recruiting game. Woe to the wicked! It shall be ill with him, for what his hands have dealt out shall be done to him. Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that he will also reap. The scales of Divine justice always balanceif not here,then hereafter. Three words from the Football gods: SWEET POETIC JUSTICE. You are in Warminster, PA. ABW is NOT Ampipe High. You think you have all the right moves? The barflies at Kenney’s Tavern may be bamboozled by your shell game, but the Football gods are not. Steve, please, take off the mask and put the brown paper bag down. We are hijacking your hold up. We find you guilty of larceny. Here is the good news for you, Steve: it’s not a final verdict and you are not alone (see Chad’s Verdict). You can reverse course and winwith your own players. “Thou shalt not steal”. Actionsspeak louder than words. We, The Football gods, are watching…

APPENDIX:

* The blueprint is as follows: annually recruit seasoned, talented, proven and productive upperclassmen (preferably seniors to be) from any greater Philadelphia area school (3 scalps are ideal). This is to be “subsidized”by generous boosters that have earmarked specific funds to cover any and all tuition and transportation costs. Dangle the offer of playing for a state championship and an opportunity for that elusive dream of a college athletic scholarship. In addition, the PIAA transfer paperwork will be completed and filed, with the integrity of a 2006 mortgage application. BUYER BEWARE (that is you parents, don’t be hoodwinked by the delusions of grandeur).

THE DIRTY DOZEN:

2010:

1. Rutgers RB that actually transferred 3 times in 4 years from SJP and Cheltenham (really?), aforementioned SEPA Player of year. Where does he go for his 10 year reunion?

2. Cousin of #1, FB and DE, transferred as Junior from Abington, eventually went to FCS Wagner. Is a relative on the current coaching staff? The optics look poor, Steve.

4. WR/DB Junior transfer from Hatboro-Horsham. “This is exactly what I signed up for, playing for a state championship is what you dreamed of as a kid and what you strive for every time you put a jersey on”. Interesting quote from the D-II Mercyhurst signee, I wonder if that made it onto the transfer paperwork….

6. Lansdale Catholic senior transfer, “Rare Breed”two-way player as DE and leading rusher for Crusaders to be one-way player at ABW and “made it” to Steve’s alma mater in Williamsport, Lycoming.

7. Hatboro-Horsham senior transfer, the “Berwick killer”from above. Started out at Shippensburg and now at Gettysburg. All Suburban One at H-H, ran for less than 500 yards for the Vikings. Was it worth it?

8. 6’220lb senior transfer and two way LB and RB from Bensalem that wounded Somerset. “A lot had to do with my parents, they always wanted to send me to a private Catholic school, but couldn’t do it financially before”. (See how He answers your prayers?). Was 1st Team all Suburban One at LB, but not at ABW. “I do miss playing linebacker every once in a while”. Wound up at Bloomsburg.

9. 5’8”145lb WR/DB and senior transfer from CHA, was 3rd team all-city with 31 grabs for 768 yards and 9 TDs. At ABW did not make All-Catholic in a 4 team division and had 17 catches for 295 yards and 4 TDs. What an academic upgrade, so much for getting that hubcap. Shoulda gone to Tep.

11. 6’3”290lb OL/DL from Abington also referenced with 9 and 10 in the narrative with Tim and Steve at the top.

Don't forget he was one of three schools to vote against the new PCL realignment. They wanted no parts of having to play the four 4A schools.

Last edited:

RING-RING

APPENDIX:

THE DIRTY DOZEN:

2010:

Absolute masterpiece, priceless piece of work!! Pulitzer Prize winner..

Very impressive. Correction, players went from West To East, because they couldn't cut it at West and not East to West. also I saw Pennridge play this year and I didn't see a player that could play above division II, maybe FCS at most.

Either you are comfortably retired or have entirely too much free time.

Very impressive. Correction, players went from West To East, because they couldn't cut it at West and not East to West. also I saw Pennridge play this year and I didn't see a player that could play above division II, maybe FCS at most.
Yeah----- Pettine NEVER recruited

Does Devlin recruit? Heck yeah. I have seen him at CYO and Pop Warner games. Only thing I don't get is how players deal with it in high school knowing they can get recruited over. Imagine a junior waiting his time to start senior year and here comes a transfer from somewhere else. It happens from time to time everywhere, but it happens almost every year at Wood.

Is operation greenjacket referring to the Tarburton kid? And Shoe if didn't see this kid as at least FCS talent look again. Only sophomore to make 1st team SOL National.

At Wood, he has been slimy everyday since May of 2007, who didn't know that!
Hopefully, he will step down in 4 weeks, since he knows he can't win w/o Carey!
Then Wood football will go back to being Wood Football.
The behind the scene garbage would make you sick to your stomach!
p.s. Hemingway - You missed about another 2 dozen players over the past 8 years!

Last edited:
Reactions: CYOBALL1
So your team has fallen on hard times and misplaced anger is jealousy of a successful program. Let me guess? Only Catholic schools recruit?

Please give examples of public schools who recruit and the person recruited.[/QUOTE

Branden Myers of Dtown West lives in Coatesville and has for over 2 years. He lives in Valley Twp just past the West End of Coatesville. He should be playing for Coatesville HS. He does not pay tuition to Dtown school district. Braden Harper of Dtown West played football for Shanahan and now is one of the star 2 way players for West. It's a little sketchy to say the least the star QB (not sure of his name) at North Penn played at CB West the previous years. I'm sure if the PIAA dug into each of these situations some or all of these kids would not be playing. Oh... Forgive me transfers are ok! Actually not according to PIAA. I see issues at both public and private schools.

Might be virtually impossible to create a similar expose` on 'Tep, the length of which may rival "War and Peace".

yesman, I'll take that novel to Turks and Caicos for some R & R on the beach. Allow me to spread a little Christmas cheer compliments of Alan and Chris.

Thank You, You & chesmont just reinforce my believe that public schools should be allowed to recruit. This would end the complaining about private schools, even the playing field and improve football in the state by forcing school administrations to upgrade their programs (coaches) or fall behind.

yesman, I'll take that novel to Turks and Caicos for some R & R on the beach. Allow me to spread a little Christmas cheer compliments of Alan and Chris.

Relayer,
My best to you and yours..

Interesting you chose that song, I'm sure 'sepafbg' will incorporated it in his next masterpiece on Albie.

Always thought Alan White was under-appreciated by the critics (not the faithful), John Lennon didn't..

100 million records sold, still no sniff into the R&R Hall of Shame....the fight continues.:(

Happy Holidays..... Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer
CL1....00Shoe asked for public schools that recruit and the person recruited. You gave the name Branden Myers who you seem to know very well, so why don't you ask him if he was recruited to play at DWest, and then post his response?

CL1....00Shoe asked for public schools that recruit and the person recruited. You gave the name Branden Myers who you seem to know very well, so why don't you ask him if he was recruited to play at DWest, and then post his response?
Coach - Please explain to me in depth why Branden lives in Coatesville and doesn't pay tuition to Downingtown but the admin (some say the West folks are the biggest cry babies about Shanahan and Catholic schools) turns there heads for athletes at West. (Wrestling punks would always get away w things when seagull was there) I think the PIAA may have an issue. To add both you and I know Harper started high school at Shanahan. That is an undeniable fact. Interesting he leaves Shanahan to star at West. Correct me if I'm wrong but students are not allowed to move schools for football intent. Off topic but since you are in the know why is that great under 14 player a Scott Middle schooler allowed to play for DYW? Bert Bell changed rules to allow a level playing field for Coatesville Kid Raiders a few years back but you are still getting some of your best kids from the Cotesville side ( the Youngs, Jimmy Clark, etc)

Last edited:
Does Myers live in Coatesville? If yes, does he pay tuition? If not , why not? It seems you are one of his coaches so you should be able to answer these questions

Relayer - First show was Yes Drama tour 9/12/80 in the grand old Spectrum. I've listen to most of older albums in high school late 70s into college through mid 80s but I give the nod of Going for the one over Close to the Edge. Have admit Relayer album is right up there too.

Reactions: yesman3 and Relayer
Merry Christmas fellas!

Good stuff CL1. Had some buddies who went to that Drama show. I believe we were playing CB-West on that evening.

yesman, alway's loved this Greg Lake song, this version with Ian Anderson on flute.

Reactions: yesman3
Ha, more than a few for my step-daughter. Mrs Relayer will become a grandmother in February. Not sure what that makes me. Might be time for another bloody :D

Merry Christmas fellas!

Good stuff CL1. Had some buddies who went to that Drama show. I believe we were playing CB-West on that evening.

yesman, alway's loved this Greg Lake song, this version with Ian Anderson on flute.

Relayer,
One of my favorite ELP songs. Emerson and Wakeman were Gods, revolutionized the prog-rock era. We were blessed to have grown up in that era..

Relayer - First show was Yes Drama tour 9/12/80 in the grand old Spectrum. I've listen to most of older albums in high school late 70s into college through mid 80s but I give the nod of Going for the one over Close to the Edge. Have admit Relayer album is right up there too.

CL1,
Another disciple, we're growing by the day!! That makes you, Relayer, rtc and I believe lilromeo as followers. There's probably more here? Speaking of Drama, pull up the Kircshner's Midnight Special of them doing Tempus Fugit. No Anderson/Wakeman, but a great tune!

CTTE will always remain my favorite, the Holy Grail. The framed vinyl hangs proudly in my office along with signed "meet and greet" paraphernalia. GFTO is up there for two reasons: TOTC(covered by so many!) and my 2nd favorite Yes song all-time.... Awaken, further example of Wakeman's genius and Anderson's brilliance.

'sepafootballgods'..... your masterpiece started this thread, hope we see more of it's kind in the future. The waiver wire is scorching in Warminster right now..

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer
I am still of the opinion that the parents and student make the decision and more often than not ,they don't choose to transfer if they and or the school are doing well. Does not matter if they are being recruited or not ,if in a good place they stay.
CL1,
Another disciple, we're growing by the day!! That makes you, Relayer, rtc and I believe lilromeo as followers. There's probably more here? Speaking of Drama, pull up the Kircshner's Midnight Special of them doing Tempus Fugit. No Anderson/Wakeman, but a great tune!

CTTE will always remain my favorite, the Holy Grail. The framed vinyl hangs proudly in my office along with signed "meet and greet" paraphernalia. GFTO is up there for two reasons: TOTC(covered by so many!) and my 2nd favorite Yes song all-time.... Awaken, further example of Wakeman's genius and Anderson's brilliance.

'sepafootballgods'..... your masterpiece started this thread, hope we see more of it's kind in the future. The waiver wire is scorching in Warminster right now..

Coach - Please explain to me in depth why Branden lives in Coatesville and doesn't pay tuition to Downingtown but the admin (some say the West folks are the biggest cry babies about Shanahan and Catholic schools) turns there heads for athletes at West. (Wrestling punks would always get away w things when seagull was there) I think the PIAA may have an issue. To add both you and I know Harper started high school at Shanahan. That is an undeniable fact. Interesting he leaves Shanahan to star at West. Correct me if I'm wrong but students are not allowed to move schools for football intent. Off topic but since you are in the know why is that great under 14 player a Scott Middle schooler allowed to play for DYW? Bert Bell changed rules to allow a level playing field for Coatesville Kid Raiders a few years back but you are still getting some of your best kids from the Cotesville side ( the Youngs, Jimmy Clark, etc)
CL1....You made the comment about where the Myers kid lives , not me...so why would I explain to you in depth about where the kid lives? I have no connection to him. You seem to know him, so ask him about whether he was recruited or not.
And here is another undeniable fact about Harper, isn't he also a Lacrosse player? And isn't lacrosse probably his better sport? When Harper transferred to West, wasn't Slate the West lacrosse coach at the time? And he was the coach with all of the supposed contacts to college lacrosse coaches so all of these kids wanted to play for him? The answer to all of those questions is yes. So I highly doubt he was recruited to play football at West.
And the "off topic" comment about an under 14 Scott middle school player playing for DYW?? I don't believe that DYW even had an under 14 team this year. And all of the cville kids that you mentioned that played for DYW were playing for DYW before Coatesville Kid Raiders were a member of Bert Bell, so that is the parents choice.
Some of your comments I agree with...but some of your accusations seem a little reckless. Just provide a few accurate facts, rather than taking shots at the folks at West/DYW, and your comments would have more validity. I believe this is called a message board, not a rumor board.

CL1....You made the comment about where the Myers kid lives , not me...so why would I explain to you in depth about where the kid lives? I have no connection to him. You seem to know him, so ask him about whether he was recruited or not.
And here is another undeniable fact about Harper, isn't he also a Lacrosse player? And isn't lacrosse probably his better sport? When Harper transferred to West, wasn't Slate the West lacrosse coach at the time? And he was the coach with all of the supposed contacts to college lacrosse coaches so all of these kids wanted to play for him? The answer to all of those questions is yes. So I highly doubt he was recruited to play football at West.
And the "off topic" comment about an under 14 Scott middle school player playing for DYW?? I don't believe that DYW even had an under 14 team this year. And all of the cville kids that you mentioned that played for DYW were playing for DYW before Coatesville Kid Raiders were a member of Bert Bell, so that is the parents choice.
Some of your comments I agree with...but some of your accusations seem a little reckless. Just provide a few accurate facts, rather than taking shots at the folks at West/DYW, and your comments would have more validity. I believe this is called a message board, not a rumor board.
Coach - I appreciate your feedback but you really haven't answered of the questions above and you have quite critical of Shanahan program recruiting kids where it's happening at the school you support. My points clearly and are fact based that DWest also has crossed the lines in the recruiting/transfer process which happens at local public schools regularly. To add Shanahan's lax program is much better and highly touted over the last 5-6 years than DWest. Both Myers and Harper's situation if contested would b an issue under PIAA rules. My points of Myers living in Coatesville and Harper moving schools are fact based. Sorry you can't stomach the facts of your school. Regarding the DYW kid why is the Young Whippets touting this kid? No apology to you or the Yong Whippets regarding my question of why he is playing for DYW over Kid Raiders. He should be playing for Kid Raiders or explain why he is not?

Coach - I appreciate your feedback but you really haven't answered of the questions above and you have quite critical of Shanahan program recruiting kids where it's happening at the school you support. My points clearly and are fact based that DWest also has crossed the lines in the recruiting/transfer process which happens at local public schools regularly. To add Shanahan's lax program is much better and highly touted over the last 5-6 years than DWest. Both Myers and Harper's situation if contested would b an issue under PIAA rules. My points of Myers living in Coatesville and Harper moving schools are fact based. Sorry you can't stomach the facts of your school. Regarding the DYW kid why is the Young Whippets touting this kid? No apology to you or the Yong Whippets regarding my question of why he is playing for DYW over Kid Raiders. He should be playing for Kid Raiders or explain why he is not?
He was either playing for DYW before the Kid Raiders were a member of league, or an older brother/sister was playing for DYW before the Kid Raiders were a member of the league. Or, his parents wished for him to play for DYW, and the Kid Raiders signed a waiver. And Shanahan's lax program has only been more successful for the last 2-3 years, but that's semantics.

Let's face it I seriously doubt Kid Raiders would sign off on a kid in there territory who happens to be one of the best younger kids in the nation. Loop holes! Kind of sounds like some of the pubs being ok w transfers! I guess it will be the families grandkids next grandfathered in to DYW. BTW - Shanahan lax is 82-20 (2011-2015). DWest is 62-37 over that same span. Appears to me one of teams has won 20 more games but hell... This is a football board.

Let's face it I seriously doubt Kid Raiders would sign off on a kid in there territory who happens to be one of the best younger kids in the nation. Loop holes! Kind of sounds like some of the pubs being ok w transfers! I guess it will be the families grandkids next grandfathered in to DYW. BTW - Shanahan lax is 82-20 (2011-2015). DWest is 62-37 over that same span. Appears to me one of teams has won 20 more games but hell... This is a football board.
Whether you doubt it or not, they would've signed off on the kid when he was 7 years old, he's been playing at DYW for 6 years.

You accused DWest of recruiting a kid that you know, but you continue to avoid my request for proof. I'll file that under the reckless comment department.

You will always have an axe to grind with West/DYW for whatever reason...and your beloved Shanahan can never do any wrong in your eyes. Got it.
I'll stop wasting my time, your time and space on this thread, because we will never agree.

Coach - I responded to this post then you commented on my post. If you don't like it either don't respond or leave the board. Secondly my posts are fact based. If posting facts: Branden Myers lives in Coatesville (Valley Twp) and also regarding Harper starting school at Bishop Shanahan then something is wrong with your understanding of the board. Please feel free to prove me wrong w these facts or stop your belly aching. Both of those FACTS have much to do about recruiting/transfer issues at our local high school. I don't have a problem w DYW or West but merely call it like it is. You have the problem w Shanahan and have called them out on the board. I add context to your negative posts about my alma mater as it never provides a clear picture for our fellow posters.

Coach, does the kid live in Coatesville ?
Chuvalo....You're asking the wrong guy that question....CL1 seems to be the authority on that.
I do know this, because my neighbor's son is an athlete at DWest and I asked him about Myers and Harper last night. Myers has been a student at West for at least the last 4 years, so I highly doubt that this young man was recruited as a middle schooler to come to West. CL1 claims the kid has lived in Cville for 2 years, so maybe there was a residence change. I suppose that would be up to the school districts to figure out.

My issue is that CL1 was asked by 00shoe to name kids that were recruited, he produced Myers (who according to one of his classmates has been a student in the Dtown school system for at least 4 years), and he continues to bring up Harper (who transferred to his home public school in the offseason). No evidence of either of these kids being recruited. Just his insinuation and opinion about it.

CL1, as you requested (since I'm always negative toward your alma mater, and don't bring a clear picture to the board), here is a clear picture for you. How about the fact that Shanahan accepted two "transfers" from West, during the 2014 football season, after these two young men had played in Varsity football games for West, and were immediately placed into the starting lineup at Shanahan. So these two players played varsity football for two different schools within the same conference within the same year. Maybe they transferred for academic reasons (sarcasm implied).

And then just this past summer, another West football/lax player transferred to/was recruited by/or was poached by the coaching staff at Shanahan(depending on how you interpret the text messages that my neighbor read). And according to my neighbor, it is widely known that this player also received a "college style" tour of the school last spring, hosted by the two former West football players mentioned above, and organized by Paul Meyers (who happens to coach both football and lacrosse at Shanahan), all while this football/lax player was still a member of an athletic team at West.

Chuvalo....CL1 claims I'm belly aching, and always posting negative things about his alma mater. But if the truth comes across as a negative post, then I apologize to you and the rest of the board. My intention is to only provide what I believe are to be facts. And just to be clear....My neighbor has "no axe to grind" or "boat in the race", he said his son is friends with this kid and will probably benefit from a playing time perspective from this kid transferring, so no reason not to believe that what his son knows and read isn't true.

Chuvalo - Myers lives in Coatesville school district. He has for over two years. Harper started high school at Shanahan. Coach has not acknowledged those facts. I'll stand by my facts. One thing pisses me off is clowns like Coach only see it from one side being Catholic/Private only partake in recruit/shady transfer which most know is not truthful. Btw - shanahan academic team took down east west and stem. I'll post the article. Besides the values ..yeah pretty great academics too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT