ADVERTISEMENT

SJP-Coatesville

Wasn't talking about Ortega, it was in response to someone saying the prep discriminates in their recruiting. which is literally what recruiting is.

Those SJP coaches that drove all the way to Downingtown to recruit the Youngs and Sanders I'm sure bypassed everyone else on that team. That's discrimination if I ever heard of it. Would be nice to pick and choose who you had on your team so you could get an advantage over teams that can't though.

Those SJP coaches that drove all the way to Downingtown to recruit the Youngs and Sanders I'm sure bypassed everyone else on that team. That's discrimination if I ever heard of it. Would be nice to pick and choose who you had on your team so you could get an advantage over teams that can't though.
They should just take the first 60 kids to sign up for the team.

Wrong again on a few details from a few different posts, so I'll try to help you out....Heckenberger is not a redneck from Unionville as you protrayed him. He played for Pennridge, and his connection to Unionville is that he coached their freshman team for a bit. He's a great guy, you should get to know him. Secondly, the Young's were not recruited to play for DYW. Their older brother Jordan registered as a 5 year old in 2003, the same year that Cville Kid Raiders came into Bert Bell and there were no boundaries. Therefore, the family was grandfathered in by Bert Bell bylaw. And I'm fairly sure that they don't regret playing for DYW. Lastly, since you're so close to Brandon Myers, you will surely remember that he missed a game his senior year when Dtown administration was alerted about his possible residence being outside the school district. Once the proper paperwork was produced, his eligibility to return to the West football team was restored the next week. And since you know Branden, let's be honest. He was not the type of player as a freshman, that any high school coach would recruit. He did turn out to be a very nice HS player, and I'm glad to see that he's continuing his career at IUP.
Details man, details.
DYW - The Young’s lived and attended Coatesville schools. Am I not correct? Coatesville had a youth team an I not correct? Nate - Well... when a writer spins an article without providing all the facts. fake and not very good journalism. Public school kids move for football that’s a fact. That has tilted the landscape public school success in the past. Should I name the schools? Branden... anyway you slice it still lived in Coatesville schools since middle school. Valley to be exact. He was always a damn good player and unfortunately the coaching over there is suspect as we get kids leaving the program and quite frankly the Whippets really aren’t that good. BTW - I’ll take your word that Nate’s a good guy and my remarks are specifically about his football articles. It’s not personal.

Last edited:
DYW - The Young’s lived and attended Coatesville schools. Am I not correct? Coatesville had a youth team and I not correct? Nate - Well... when a writer spins an article without providing all th facts. Is.., well.. fake news. Public school kids move for football. Branden... anyway you slice it he still lived in Coatesville schools. Valley to be exact. He was always a damn good player and unfortunately the coaching over there is suspect as we get kids leaving the program and quite frankly the Whippets really aren’t that good.

What are you getting on the writer for? What was his spin??? Wasn't the article about Sanders and the Young brothers playing on the same field again? Was it bashing private schools? This was a story about pee wee football players reuniting lol.

Wasn't talking about Ortega, it was in response to someone saying the prep discriminates in their recruiting. which is literally what recruiting is.

Sorry - I don't think I meant to reply to you. Just wanted to make a new post. I'm fairly new the message boards.

You’ve got me believing! How does North Penn get a new QB every year!

Why is it always about the NP qb before Udinski name me a transfer that came in .Udinski moved into the district enrolled in school and played football for 2 years His parents had the means to do that .I dont like the way it went down I thought bevan should have played Qb his senior year .Now you have depaul who enrolled in school and will play 2 years .Udinski was at cb west when they were cancelling the season I guess he should of went to lasalle or wood.As for depaul was at norristown and moved into disrtict and won the job.

Reactions: green_beans
Why is it always about the NP qb before Udinski name me a transfer that came in .Udinski moved into the district enrolled in school and played football for 2 years His parents had the means to do that .I dont like the way it went down I thought bevan should have played Qb his senior year .Now you have depaul who enrolled in school and will play 2 years .Udinski was at cb west when they were cancelling the season I guess he should of went to lasalle or wood.As for depaul was at norristown and moved into disrtict and won the job.[/QUOTE
Sure.. udinsky leaves a better school district? Face the facts. NP is not getting boundary kids. They are being helped by students moving specifically in for football. My issue is the paint the full recruiting and transfer issue. Damn shame this is always seen as a catholic school issue

What are you getting on the writer for? What was his spin??? Wasn't the article about Sanders and the Young brothers playing on the same field again? Was it bashing private schools? This was a story about pee wee football players reuniting lol.
It’s a DYW reunion.., Not a Coatesville reuinion. How weird.. these kids all played for DYW and most of them don’t even live in the school district!

It’s a DYW reunion.., Not a Coatesville reuinion. How weird.. these kids all played for DYW and most of them don’t even live in the school district!

Good for them. The story is about former pee-wee teammates playing against each other in the state semis. I don't understand your gripe.

Trap.. I agree with your thoughts.. NPs advantage for lack of a better word has always been a combination of coaching and school size.. I use coaching first.. prior to Shannon, Pettine then Beck.. they were at best a .500 team their real success has been over the last 15 years or so.. the first transfer / impact player moving into the district us Udinski..if memory serves me right.. also I thought Bevan got a raw deal.. go 7-1 or 8-1 as a jr and lose your job.. put a bad taste in my mouth about NP's football direction.. although no different then what happened at wood with Garlic and Russo... but I guess that is life with high profile programs..anyway.. prior to a couple of years ago.. NP's team was home grown through Cannoneers, Squires and some CYO sprinkled in.. the year they went to the state finals I think more then half the starting team was a Cannoneer

Odd timing for Ortega's words, but I feel like the pressure is going to continue to gain until the PIAA makes a change.

As for the game, if GV was able to contain Cville's passing game, I think the Red Raiders might be in for a long night against an even better defense with better athletes. Ortega needs to hit his guys in stride in the passing game and make the first tackler miss on his runs in order to have a chance. GV tackled so well and I'm expecting the same thing from Prep.

Red Raider D needs to play much better up front if they want to contain the Prep running game. GV had a field day on the ground; I'm shocked they threw it on 4th and 2 when Young made the big pick. Had Cville stopped them for less than a yard or two all night? That DL needs to find some way to penetrate that Prep OL to disrupt that balanced O.

In summary, I see Prep breaking out to a big lead (like, 28-7) at the half and then cruising while milking the clock in the 2nd half. Prep 35-21.

Trap.. I agree with your thoughts.. NPs advantage for lack of a better word has always been a combination of coaching and school size.. I use coaching first.. prior to Shannon, Pettine then Beck.. they were at best a .500 team their real success has been over the last 15 years or so.. the first transfer / impact player moving into the district us Udinski..if memory serves me right.. also I thought Bevan got a raw deal.. go 7-1 or 8-1 as a jr and lose your job.. put a bad taste in my mouth about NP's football direction.. although no different then what happened at wood with Garlic and Russo... but I guess that is life with high profile programs..anyway.. prior to a couple of years ago.. NP's team was home grown through Cannoneers, Squires and some CYO sprinkled in.. the year they went to the state finals I think more then half the starting team was a Cannoneer

Beans - I disagree. When NP fought CB West back in 2004 I think maybe it was later not sure but they had the kids who were arrested and their addresses were in the paper a handful were outside NP's school boundaries, The big time QB was one of them. Just saying. Also, Bevan came in when they were 0-2 and turned them around and the only loss was Beck going for two and then calling a trap, ha! He was hurt in Abington and did not start he playoff game they lost. There are several high profile pubs who have been getting kids outside their boundaries for years.

Odd timing for Ortega's words, but I feel like the pressure is going to continue to gain until the PIAA makes a change.

As for the game, if GV was able to contain Cville's passing game, I think the Red Raiders might be in for a long night against an even better defense with better athletes. Ortega needs to hit his guys in stride in the passing game and make the first tackler miss on his runs in order to have a chance. GV tackled so well and I'm expecting the same thing from Prep.

Red Raider D needs to play much better up front if they want to contain the Prep running game. GV had a field day on the ground; I'm shocked they threw it on 4th and 2 when Young made the big pick. Had Cville stopped them for less than a yard or two all night? That DL needs to find some way to penetrate that Prep OL to disrupt that balanced O.

In summary, I see Prep breaking out to a big lead (like, 28-7) at the half and then cruising while milking the clock in the 2nd half. Prep 35-21.

That's not what's happening...

Far from what happened. I tried to warn you so called experts that I thought that Coatesville was going to hang with prep. Too many of you guys believe what you read in stead of scouting a team with an open mind .

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Beans - I disagree. When NP fought CB West back in 2004 I think maybe it was later not sure but they had the kids who were arrested and their addresses were in the paper a handful were outside NP's school boundaries, The big time QB was one of them. Just saying. Also, Bevan came in when they were 0-2 and turned them around and the only loss was Beck going for two and then calling a trap, ha! He was hurt in Abington and did not start he playoff game they lost. There are several high profile pubs who have been getting kids outside their boundaries for years.
Soup.. I forgot about the fight year (old age kicking in)... I kept thinking it was in the late 90's..

Reactions: Soup13

Soup you were close he went for 2 but it was a dive play out of a 4 WR set to Isabella
If the ran a a 2Te 0 trap would of won still kills me .By the way that was south with Josh Adams

Reactions: Soup13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT