ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Seneca Valley defensive end Ryan Och

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I think that it was a great season in many aspects. As a team I think that we were kind of disappointed in where we finished and still feel like we had a lot more to give. Personally, I played my first varsity ball and learned so much about the game. I am really thankful to play with the seniors of last year, they showed me so much about the game and I made some memories with them that I will never forget.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I stick to football in the offseason, working to get stronger, faster, and smarter and work to improve my game. I work out on my own as well as team workouts which have started recently.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I am really confident in the team this upcoming year. We have a lot of guys that will be playing their first varsity ball and they are hungry to show what they can do. This offseason we are just trying to learn and improve and I feel that our coaches will put us in great positions to win a lot of games this year.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think that all of our section games are always some of our toughest. Every team in 6A is capable of beating each other and it’s always great football. I think that North Allegheny and Central Catholic really stand out this year though. Both teams are so talented and NA will be hot coming off of the WPIAL title. I think our guys are ready to go into those two games and really leave everything out there. We still have some bad taste in our mouths ever since they gave us our last 2 losses last year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There’s so many talented players in Western PA and I think 6A is home to a lot of them. You could name so many kids to a list like this, I think Central Catholic definitely has some of them. I think Peter Gonzalez has the ability to take over any game and Cole Sullivan is a dominant defensive player. I think Boyd from NA is electric and Mikey Evans the QB in Cannon Mac is very talented.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I definitely would want to play football in college if I had the opportunity.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I haven’t been recruited yet by any school, but I am excited to work my way to those opportunities.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I have not been recruited by any school yet.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have visited many schools but none for recruiting purposes.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“No, I do not have any trips planned soon.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have always been a huge fan of Kentucky, my sister goes there and I think it is such a nice campus. I have always loved watching their basketball teams and it is really cool that their football team is starting to become a great program.”

Reactions: ryanoch63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News