ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Quakertown running back John Eatherton

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season is almost over as we have one more game, but it started out rough and once we found out who we were and how to play together we started to pick things up. We ended the regular season 5-5 so can’t complain about that.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I feel like I could have played better. I had a setback before the camp of the season, which was getting surgery, and I think missing camp and the first couple games set me back physically. As the season went on, I feel like I have started to pick up where I left off from last year.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel that for what we have had to replace, our team filled the shoes pretty well. There are obviously some rough spots but overall I am proud of the people who have stepped up and played the best they could.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Something I think we can improve on would be mentality after a mistake. A lot of us get frustrated with ourselves and we need to remember that there is always another play.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“A key for being successful is everybody staying focused on their assignments and playing as one. There have been some games during the season where it felt like there were missing pieces, but the games we won and even a couple losses, it felt that we were playing as one.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I plan on playing college football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Ithaca, Kutztown and Misecordia are the top. I talked to Delaware and Holy Cross in the offseason and went on visits.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Ithaca by far.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes I’ve been to Ithaca, Delaware, UAlbany, Holy Cross, Muhlenberg, and Wagner.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“Yes Ithaca and Kutztown.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Oregon has always been my dream school since I was young.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News