ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Archbishop Ryan quarterback Tommy Gontz

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How did the high school football season go overall?
“My season went so and so, 6-5, but the future is bright. A lot of young guys stepped up and I can’t wait to see them grow, including myself.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Simply put, my only goal is to get better in some way every single day. Whether that’s watching film, lifting or working on mechanics, everyday make myself a better athlete in a minor way so come August there’s a major improvement.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“As I said a lot of young guys stepped up last year and I think if they put in the work in the off season we could be a sleeper in 4A states, we were very close this year but I think Archbishop Ryan is a team to watch next year.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“We haven’t [received] our schedule yet but I’m sure Neumann Goretti A and Bonner Prendi are going to be there and also be the toughest teams we line up against next year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Jalil Hall stands 6’4 181 lbs and plays wide receiver/defensive end. He plays for Bonner Prendi and as a sophomore has the single season receiving touchdown record, he bailed them out of a lot of games this season.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Definitely plan on being a college football player.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Haven’t been recruited by anyone that hard, just invites from a few schools for camps including d1 South Carolina State.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“See above.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Not so far.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I plan on attending a ton of camps during the off-season.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“LSU was always my favorite team growing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News