ADVERTISEMENT

Plc joke

Not really sure what you are rambling on about and frankly I don't care. Facts are facts. There is a reason schools are rated and all of the schools mentioned are rated very highly. Like I said, doesn't mean you can't get a quality education at a school like Wood, Carroll, Bonner, O'Hara etc. Being a teacher myself, good students that have a thirst for knowledge will succeed anywhere they go. However, as you so eloquently noted in your football argument, there are the haves and the have nots. Those that can afford to send their kids to the haves and succeed are more than likely to receive a more well rounded education. Those that unfortunately can't can still get a quality education and go to very good colleges. However, the kids that are going to he Prep, LaSalle, Inter AC schools are for the most part scoring better on achievement tests, entrance exams and percentage wise getting into better colleges. Like I said, rankings come out every year. Not sure why you would choose to ignore them. I'm sure you have your own issues, but it appears to be fact for all to see. Maybe before you come on a site and start judging people as morons and dopes you should clean up your own backyard and help yourself become a well rounded person. Just a thought!

Not really sure what you are rambling on about and frankly I don't care. Facts are facts. There is a reason schools are rated and all of the schools mentioned are rated very highly. Like I said, doesn't mean you can't get a quality education at a school like Wood, Carroll, Bonner, O'Hara etc. Being a teacher myself, good students that have a thirst for knowledge will succeed anywhere they go. However, as you so eloquently noted in your football argument, there are the haves and the have nots. Those that can afford to send their kids to the haves and succeed are more than likely to receive a more well rounded education. Those that unfortunately can't can still get a quality education and go to very good colleges. However, the kids that are going to he Prep, LaSalle, Inter AC schools are for the most part scoring better on achievement tests, entrance exams and percentage wise getting into better colleges. Like I said, rankings come out every year. Not sure why you would choose to ignore them. I'm sure you have your own issues, but it appears to be fact for all to see. Maybe before you come on a site and start judging people as morons and dopes you should clean up your own backyard and help yourself become a well rounded person. Just a thought!
A Teacher? That's all I needed to hear! Wow, you are so far insulated from the real world! You're in the bubble and I'm outside watching from the real world!
You're in a world of entitlements and I'm a successful hard working business owner for the past 30 years! It's like I'm speaking English and you're speaking Spanish! You will never understand us in the real world! That makes your argument even more watered down! A Teacher, Wow! I pay for your salary and I pay my own way for tuition....You're most Welcome!

Last edited:
So you're saying that LaSalle and Prep students get 3 times the education than those who attend Catholic schools?
If that's what you are saying you display your ignorance beautifully!
Maybe you're not aware, that the sharp increase in College tuition is based on perception!
Many University presidents said that they have dramatically increased their tuition based on "if it costs more, it's better"
Those same Universities have seen a dramatic jump in enrollment by raising tuition by 25% to 30% or more!
Just b/c they charge it, doesn't mean it's worth it! Perceived value! If it makes you feel better to say that it's worth the extra money, then go ahead! But I think that it's just an insecure Dad with a pocket protector standing on his toes, puffing out his chest and saying my kid goes to LaSalle! If you honesty think that you are getting 3 times the education, I cannot even debate this topic with you! You would be just a delusional Dad standing on his tippy toes! Perceived value! Maybe 1.2 possibly 1.4 but never ever 3X. It's just a poor investment! If you think your ROI is any better than other schools you are the up and coming Rodney Dangerfield! Now that's just being silly isn't it? Oh, I forgot, it's for all the extra homework (Too Funny are you Dad)
FBU, it was merely a matter of time before you put your internet foot in your mouth. Using your own logic, you then paid approximately 22,000X more than the parents of a kid who attended a local public school and is sitting next to your kid in a freshman calculus class. Please, PLEASE, apply your ROI logic to that. I'll grab the popcorn, 'cause this will be entertaining.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
A Teacher? That's all I needed to hear! You're in the bubble and I'm outside watching from the real world!
You're in a world of entitlements and I'm a successful hard working business owner for the past 30 years! It's like I'm speaking English and you're speaking Spanish! You will never understand us in the real world!
I'm thinking the same thing brother. You have no idea. Nothing like you taking a shot at the same people you are touting on here as making Wood and the other high schools outstanding institutions that prepare your kids properly. Can't have it both ways pal. However, you can contradict yourself which in essence you just did. Doesn't matter how much money you pay or where you go people, your teachers are going to be entitlists that won't prepare your kids for the real world. Better yet , home school them. Your right I want to live in that world. Maybe I would be better off speaking Spanish if I left education to a narrow minded business owner like yourself.

Wood is by far one of the best programs in the state. I have never once said they weren't.

They do absolutely have the easiest road to Hershey.

Their competition in November is horrible.

They essentially use an easy pass to get Hershey with the occasional challenge in the semi-finals.

And in terms if education Wood is the "sports" school - nothing more

Fool, Blowhard & Useless -

Are you really Mr Ink? ... Be honest

By the way, NASA is fake and the WWE is real ... Spread the word.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Yo Buxmonter ( a long-deceased over rated league) You better do your homework. Wood has 1 starter going to Annapolis, 1 starter going to West Point.....basketball team has a starter going to West Point..... 3 in one graduating class . In the recent past multiple basketball and football players are playing or just graduated from the Ivy League. Others at Villanova, Johns Hopkins, Cal, Boston College etc.if need be I will find a complete list.---- all athletes. Compare to other BuxMont schools. I feel you are probably an ignorant dolt.

Reactions: lilromeo
FBU, it was merely a matter of time before you put your internet foot in your mouth. Using your own logic, you then paid approximately 22,000X more than the parents of a kid who attended a local public school and is sitting next to your kid in a freshman calculus class. Please, PLEASE, apply your ROI logic to that. I'll grab the popcorn, 'cause this will be entertaining.
Franklinfield, You are using what is known as a false equivalent. I believe he was using his comparison to strictly tuition required schools---- not taxpayer schools. Many variables there----- also, do I detect the slightest tinge of class envy .... relax..... you just be happy with wherever you sent your kids-----I'm sure you are

Awesome
Glad to hear it.

But I strongly suspect it is despite the schooling they received at Wood, not because of it.

Awesome
Glad to hear it.

But I strongly suspect it is despite the schooling they received at Wood, not because of it.
You really need to be more specific there "buxmonter". Are you suggesting they all lucked out?? Why do you strongly suspect it is despite the schooling they received at Wood?

Awesome
Glad to hear it.

That is an idiotic remark,you are now really showing how stupid you are. Quit these disparaging statements about a good school . I had 3 kids graduate from there ,and all were grateful for the experience, both athletically and academically.

You're right I apologize.

I'm sure the education is good and I am glad they place an importance on athletics.

This whole thread started because I think it is crazy that they play 2-8 teams in the playoffs.

Franklinfield, You are using what is known as a false equivalent. I believe he was using his comparison to strictly tuition required schools---- not taxpayer schools. Many variables there----- also, do I detect the slightest tinge of class envy .... relax..... you just be happy with wherever you sent your kids-----I'm sure you are
I agree completely with the variables point. Regarding the parameters of his comparison, I am interested in reading his views on the hypothetical I presented. However, his remarks about investment vs. return are nothing but unsubstantiated opinion.

No class envy on my part. Although a PCL grad, neither the Jesuits nor the Christian Brothers gave me JUG.

Buxmonter, the current system has flaws. Inevitable changes will be made. Looking at any of the classes except for AAAA you would have to say any very good team is facing little competition in the playoffs. McDevitt just crushed their subregion game, and on the PCL side WC and LC just had a 7-6 game, but in D1 AA it is a cakewalk. One can look at Academy Parks schedule and say LC gave them one of their better games, can you sell anyone that a 6-5 Springfield team was a great team? Hard to say NP had a toughie vs Oxford, and DT East always has a tough time getting going early in D1 playoffs. You would be hard pressed to say PW was a really good team....we all know records lie. Just like Pennridge's did this year...way better team than their record.
If you think Wood should be AAAA...next year AAAAAA then I guess that is your argument. But here is my issue. I see tons of people argue that any good team should be AAAA. So the way it is, I guess is any very good program has to go to AAAA? Why not beat them? Strath Haven has a juggernaut years ago in AAA. I don't remember people saying they should go AAAA. They tried to beat them. If you look at the big picture, Wood is not really that different from a lot of schools including the District 1 lower classes.
Now in the other districts? Those lower classes beat each others brains in.

Reactions: exr001
People have cried that Strath Haven should have been 4A.

They cried that every two years when the school pop numbers were published SH's number never changed while every other school in the area fluctuated much more.

They cried about the ABC house.

They cried about Reverend Ike's pipeline with the church bringing in talent to play with his three kids.

People did talk and cry.

Nothing happened but people did talk and post on here about it.

Buxmonter, the current system has flaws. Inevitable changes will be made. Looking at any of the classes except for AAAA you would have to say any very good team is facing little competition in the playoffs. McDevitt just crushed their subregion game, and on the PCL side WC and LC just had a 7-6 game, but in D1 AA it is a cakewalk. One can look at Academy Parks schedule and say LC gave them one of their better games, can you sell anyone that a 6-5 Springfield team was a great team? Hard to say NP had a toughie vs Oxford, and DT East always has a tough time getting going early in D1 playoffs. You would be hard pressed to say PW was a really good team....we all know records lie. Just like Pennridge's did this year...way better team than their record.
If you think Wood should be AAAA...next year AAAAAA then I guess that is your argument. But here is my issue. I see tons of people argue that any good team should be AAAA. So the way it is, I guess is any very good program has to go to AAAA? Why not beat them? Strath Haven has a juggernaut years ago in AAA. I don't remember people saying they should go AAAA. They tried to beat them. If you look at the big picture, Wood is not really that different from a lot of schools including the District 1 lower classes.
Now in the other districts? Those lower classes beat each others brains in.

I hope Wood stays in the classification that the RULES state they should be in, then play the teams in that classification. Everyone whined for 6 classes so let's let the teams play where they are supposed to play.

Reactions: newman107
I hope Wood stays in the classification that the RULES state they should be in, then play the teams in that classification. Everyone whined for 6 classes so let's let the teams play where they are supposed to play.

Absolutely!! Why should Wood move up? To their credit, they have outworked everyone in the east over the past 4 years.

Look at all these close calls in state quarterfinals and semifinals:

2011:

Wood 41 Pottsgrove 22
Wood 70 ACC 14

2012:

Wood 35 Interboro 7
Wood 36 ACC 6

2013:

Wood 42 Academy Park 14
Wood 42 Berwick 14

2014:

Wood 44 Great Valley 7
Wood 63 Somerset 20

Out worked? Out recruited you mean. You forgot 2010 when they were in a very competitive game with Strath Haven but Peoples who was recruited made the difference in that game. Then they went out and got the guy from philadelphia the next year and on an on.... don't give me outworked, there are many schools that work just as hard as Wood. But not many schools that can recruit as well as they do except for maybe St. Joes Prep and Malvern.

Delco, you didn't pick up on the sarcasm of my entire post? I definitely think Wood should play up. There's nothing left to prove at 3A. If they get past Imhotep, the east final will be another mercy rule game. Who wants to watch that? Saucon Valley? Lehighton? However, with the classes changing next year, I'm willing to see how it plays out the first couple seasons.

I always will have a lot of respect for Bob Stem and BeCaHi moving up to 4A with a 2A enrollment. That CBW-Beca game at Lehigh in '99 had the best atmosphere of any high school game I've ever attended.

I never use the word recruit, programs such as Wood sell themselves. The advantage is open borders. If I was back in high school today, I would certainly consider going to Wood for football. Who wouldn't? They are the benchmark program in Bucks County, if not the entire state.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT