ADVERTISEMENT

Pine Richland article

Bucksftball

1. I agree. I think his statement looked like it was put together by a committee. It was awkward at best and left a lot of questions at worst.

2. I'm not sure I understand the sequence of events. But I do think the bully and hazing stuff was all from kids that were interviewed until the live press release event yesterday by the district.

3. No idea what that could be. I'm hearing nothing.

4. I'm wondering. One kid has already said admin twisted his words. That was reported in the paper and the family's lawyer called the superintendent a liar at a rally. Will others follow suit? Will parents allow it?

How sad is it that all these coaches and football programs came out in support of Coach Kasper....assuming he was not at fault....only to find out that ALL NINE (9) school board members and the administration voted him out.....that sends a very clear message. Do not forget, Coach K and an assistant were suspended for a month in 2018.

The thing you are talking about in 2018 is common knowledge around here. One of the assistants who is now at another local school had a son who was going to be a senior WR. I guess the assistant's motive was to give his son the best chance to have a good year possible. Spencer was unproven. The assistant coach was family friends with a good QB from Ohio.

He convinced the QB coach to give this kid a lesson. The QB coach agreed, hoping I guess to start a training business based on the success he had with DiNucci and Jurkovec. He agreed to do it. Then, a couple months later when the kid showed up at the school to enroll, admin got involved.

Assistant coach left or was fired or whatever its called, the QB Coach and Coach K were suspended for a few weeks. The assistant had a long history of run-in's with admin dating back to the last coach, so no one was really surprised when he was let go. Not sure why the QB coach did it. He's a volunteer and doesn't need the money. But he also doesn't have an education background so probably thought it was no big deal. Coach K got suspended because he should have known.

Everything is conjecture at this point from my end, just recognizing some patterns from the West incident. When it happened in Doylestown, it was totally downplayed almost exactly as players from PR are doing now... they were all buddies, it was just towel snapping, it was something we all did together, everyone was ok with it, it was fun, etc... and publicly you never got the real story. You had to know a parent of someone who was a target to eventually find out what actually happened. The one player / parents coming forward is obviously a problem for the administration, but only they (and Coach K) know if there were others that might have another story to tell.

Right now, the admin has him backed into a bit of a corner. If he releases the letter to the public then he has to acknowledge the allegations in the letter and issue denials. But... he can't get caught up in denying things that actually did happen, and from his initial statement he's already on the record admitting there were incidents that he dealt with. It's a mess. If the school board gets flipped, they fire the super (which usually includes contractual obligations, meaning a payout), you still could end up with a situation where their counsel is telling them they can't bring back a coach that's been investigated and found to have made mistakes or worse without putting the district in legal jeopardy. These things don't usually get better for the coach as time goes on unfortunately.

That's why I think at the end of the day both sides, if you want to call them that, could be right. Admin wants him gone, and he gave them just enough ammo to make that happen. I feel terrible for the players and what they're going through.

Reactions: lilromeo
The thing you are talking about in 2018 is common knowledge around here. One of the assistants who is now at another local school had a son who was going to be a senior WR. I guess the assistant's motive was to give his son the best chance to have a good year possible. Spencer was unproven. The assistant coach was family friends with a good QB from Ohio.

He convinced the QB coach to give this kid a lesson. The QB coach agreed, hoping I guess to start a training business based on the success he had with DiNucci and Jurkovec. He agreed to do it. Then, a couple months later when the kid showed up at the school to enroll, admin got involved.

Assistant coach left or was fired or whatever its called, the QB Coach and Coach K were suspended for a few weeks. The assistant had a long history of run-in's with admin dating back to the last coach, so no one was really surprised when he was let go. Not sure why the QB coach did it. He's a volunteer and doesn't need the money. But he also doesn't have an education background so probably thought it was no big deal. Coach K got suspended because he should have known.
I can think of other schools that got kids to come play for them in similar manners, pcc and NA included. Only difference is they don’t have idiotic upper admin hampering their athletics

I cannot see how Coach K can go back to where he has ZERO support from the school board and administration. Why would he want to? PR will have no problem replacing Coach K. He built a great foundation, but just as this has happened in other programs, PR will have success once he is gone. Maybe an assistant from Mars, NA or Seneca or even in the building...will apply, but almost any decent coach can take over this program and have success, the grunt work has been done, someone else will come in and look like a great coach because of the work Coach K put in.

I cannot see how Coach K can go back to where he has ZERO support from the school board and administration. Why would he want to? PR will have no problem replacing Coach K. He built a great foundation, but just as this has happened in other programs, PR will have success once he is gone. Maybe an assistant from Mars, NA or Seneca or even in the building...will apply, but almost any decent coach can take over this program and have success, the grunt work has been done, someone else will come in and look like a great coach because of the work Coach K put in.
Perhaps But PA is so different than NC. Here they make sure the HC is in the building hell or high water. In WPIAL that is not the case.

Everything is conjecture at this point from my end, just recognizing some patterns from the West incident. When it happened in Doylestown, it was totally downplayed almost exactly as players from PR are doing now... they were all buddies, it was just towel snapping, it was something we all did together, everyone was ok with it, it was fun, etc... and publicly you never got the real story. You had to know a parent of someone who was a target to eventually find out what actually happened. The one player / parents coming forward is obviously a problem for the administration, but only they (and Coach K) know if there were others that might have another story to tell.

Right now, the admin has him backed into a bit of a corner. If he releases the letter to the public then he has to acknowledge the allegations in the letter and issue denials. But... he can't get caught up in denying things that actually did happen, and from his initial statement he's already on the record admitting there were incidents that he dealt with. It's a mess. If the school board gets flipped, they fire the super (which usually includes contractual obligations, meaning a payout), you still could end up with a situation where their counsel is telling them they can't bring back a coach that's been investigated and found to have made mistakes or worse without putting the district in legal jeopardy. These things don't usually get better for the coach as time goes on unfortunately.

That's why I think at the end of the day both sides, if you want to call them that, could be right. Admin wants him gone, and he gave them just enough ammo to make that happen. I feel terrible for the players and what they're going through.
Bucks football....... What a high school teenager thinks is funny isnt always funny to adults as in the case with CB West. As far as the CB West coach getting fired anyone can google what happened. A detailed article written by Mike Sielski notes all that was alleged (quoted) by two (unnamed) parents. Some of what they clamined was disputed by others. The DA investigated and found no ciminality. But what was admitted in the article was that some parents were not happy with the way the coach "handled the team", wanted him out and "PLAYING TIME" was referenced. And if you were arround in the "Glory Days" you must have known that there was jellousy for the success of Coach Pettine and The Bucks.

You could make a case that H.S. athletes are ever increasingly going to club sports to hone their skills because of the politics involved at schools today. Example... 7X7 / big man camps for football, baseball, Bball, track and girls lacross / soccer. The weak are soon weeded out at these private events and there is no voice for disgruntled parents and "Holier than I" administrators.

I'll give Coach K the benefit and say he probably was was a victim of the entitlement culture of today. You cant keep everyone happy.
Some people just dont like winners.

Bucks football....... What a high school teenager thinks is funny isnt always funny to adults as in the case with CB West. As far as the CB West coach getting fired anyone can google what happened. A detailed article written by Mike Sielski notes all that was alleged (quoted) by two (unnamed) parents. Some of what they clamined was disputed by others. The DA investigated and found no ciminality. But what was admitted in the article was that some parents were not happy with the way the coach "handled the team", wanted him out and "PLAYING TIME" was referenced. And if you were arround in the "Glory Days" you must have known that there was jellousy for the success of Coach Pettine and The Bucks.

You could make a case that H.S. athletes are ever increasingly going to club sports to hone their skills because of the politics involved at schools today. Example... 7X7 / big man camps for football, baseball, Bball, track and girls lacross / soccer. The weak are soon weeded out at these private events and there is no voice for disgruntled parents and "Holier than I" administrators.

I'll give Coach K the benefit and say he probably was was a victim of the entitlement culture of today. You cant keep everyone happy.
Some people just dont like winners.
Yes, I agree that there is jealousy, probably in every program, even those that are not successful. Coach Pettine probably got out just in time, as things were just starting to change and his coaching style would have probably eventually led to conflict with the administration.

Coaches today are in an impossible situation where the expectation is that they know what their players are doing as a group 24/7, that they are actively discouraging certain behavior, reporting it immediately when something occurs, and then still taking the fall even if they do all of the above.

Yes, I agree that there is jealousy, probably in every program, even those that are not successful. Coach Pettine probably got out just in time, as things were just starting to change and his coaching style would have probably eventually led to conflict with the administration.

Coaches today are in an impossible situation where the expectation is that they know what their players are doing as a group 24/7, that they are actively discouraging certain behavior, reporting it immediately when something occurs, and then still taking the fall even if they do all of the above.
Agreed.... hopefully some day it will blow up in a administration's face.
For PR's sake, I hope the time is now.

Reactions: lilromeo
Agreed.... hopefully some day it will blow up in a administration's face.
For PR's sake, I hope the time is now.

It just blew up.

It appears everyone is acknowledged hazing has occurred. It seems the attorney disputes that it happened during a football related function; however, football players were involved.

I am not a part of the community. I have not seen the board or administration leak the story of this player. I did see several articles in which his father went on the record with reporters. Is it confirmed that the board or administration leaked this information?

Joel Sansone, an attorney for the family, said the boy is being used as a scapegoat and has faced harassment after his name was “leaked.”

“The administration here, using as an excuse, said this Asian American child’s bullying is what led to the firing of Coach [Eric Kasperowicz]. That is a complete and utter lie,” Mr. Sansone told Post-Gazette news partner KDKA-TV.

I honestly have no idea where this is going. Coach K still hasn't spoken about "the letter."

I listened to the audio. All I am pointing out is it’s one thing to throw a claim out there and another to prove it. I guess that player’s father went on the record with reporters because his son’s identity was already known?

I guess what I’m saying is, can’t the administration point at these articles and say “your son has received scrutiny due to you (the father) going on the record with reporters?” I read those articles a few days ago, but maybe my timeline is off. Again, I am far removed from the entire situation. I am just throwing some thoughts out there and am in now way casting blame on anyone. I truly do not know the facts; simply offering some observations.

HSFB - you bring up a good point. I actually don't know when the kid's name came up. It just appeared.

Do lawyers have some kind of responsibility not to lie or even sensationalize when they speak like this? They can't just say what they want.

Sounds like the kid was semi-bullied years ago and didnt make a big deal about it. For the School Distict to use this years later is beyond disgraceful. You have a kid who stood tall years ago. Now a member of a championship team only to have self serving people ruin one of the best memories a person can have in high school.
What did they think would happen if his name was leaked?
If the writer who broke the story has any compassion / morals they should come clean for the sake of this kid. AND DO IT NOW!

Scroll towards bottom of the article. His father went on the record at least a week ago. Again, I’m not saying that administration or board members didn’t leak info. All I am saying is they seem to have at least a decent defense by pointing out that the victims father went on the record with reporters.

Leaked to the press or leaked to the community.... DOESNT MATTER.
They have no defense and the kid's lawyer knows it. Of course the community may have been alerted to the kid's name by the students who were called in for the investigation. That doesn't matter either... The S.D. started this mess and again NO DEFENSE.

Last edited:
I see what you’re saying. My only point is I am not aware of evidence of the victim’s name being leaked by the administration or board.

Leaked to the press or leaked to the community.... DOESNT MATTER.
They have no defense and the kid's lawyer knows it. Of course the community may have been alerted to the kid's name by the students who were called in for the investigation. That doesn't matter either... The S.D. started this mess and again NO DEFENSE.

So the idea is that the district is on the hook to protect this kid. If the kid or the parents didn't tell anyone, then that only leaves the district? That's a tough bar.

Nope... The family didn't ask to be brought into this mess. The district kicked it off. The kid was harmed by dragging him into it.
Over something that happened years ago?
Just to get rid of a coach?
The Admin. is cooked.

Reactions: new2pa

Don’t wanna discredit you because you do make some great points but new board running for election has publicly backed them

Don’t wanna discredit you because you do make some great points but new board running for election has publicly backed them
Backed who? Like I've said I have no information on what's really happened but it's easy to see when people leave out relevant information (Coach K can release the letter and clear up all of this) and I'm not swayed by one attorney making statements about one student. The board clearly referenced multiple incidents and "rites of passage" - only time will tell, or, we may never really know the full story. At the same time, it does appear that the administration had it out for the staff, and I'm sticking to my gut feeling that there could be mistakes by both sides.

The new people running for election wouldn't have access to the findings of the investigation until they actually win an election and become board members.

bucks, the letter is released. See the PG article above.
Sorry, missed it. Not sure what to make of it, obviously it seems like he didn't think they would pull the trigger if that was really his attitude in the interview. If an administration really wants to get a coach, non-reporting of incidents could probably trip up a lot of guys.

This administration is not backing down, they have crossed every "T" and dotted every "I"...Their solicitor would not let the administration fire someone without cause, and remember, these contracts are year to year. Coach K gave them just enough to accomplish this, no matter how sad and lame, the PR administration are within their rights not to renew his contract. The job is posted, if no one applies, they already stated they will form a search committee. There will be a new coach at PR nest, right or wrong, fairness does not play into this.

This administration is not backing down, they have crossed every "T" and dotted every "I"...Their solicitor would not let the administration fire someone without cause, and remember, these contracts are year to year. Coach K gave them just enough to accomplish this, no matter how sad and lame, the PR administration are within their rights not to renew his contract. The job is posted, if no one applies, they already stated they will form a search committee. There will be a new coach at PR nest, right or wrong, fairness does not play into this.
Lets say you are right about them dotting every "I". Do you think the Adm. may be liable for throwing a kid under the bus to get to the goal of firing the coach?

Lets say you are right about them dotting every "I". Do you think the Adm. may be liable for throwing a kid under the bus to get to the goal of firing the coach?
You seem to be assuming that Sansone's account is entirely true and that there is nothing else "out there" that is relevant. I suspect nothing like the whole truth will come out until the completion of a court case that one of the parties might initiate.

You seem to be assuming that Sansone's account is entirely true and that there is nothing else "out there" that is relevant. I suspect nothing like the whole truth will come out until the completion of a court case that one of the parties might initiate.
I listened to the kids attorney speak. Seems the family could be insinuating that someone leaked the kids name. Not a nice thing to if thats the case.But we shall see.

The chatter on social and regular media quieted down this week. I'm guessing things will start to heat up as the school board meeting approaches on May 3rd.

In this statement when Pasquinelli says, "we are finalizing some staff agreements" could that mean the coaching search may be coming to an end? I think reality set in this week that no matter what the players, former coaches, and the community do, the school board will never reverse their decision. It will be interesting to see what occurs on May 3rd.

That could very well be. I'm wondering if they do that, will things get crazier, if that's possible, or will everyone give up?

Crazier for the win.

Tomorrow is the ring ceremony and the Boosters announced that they have a surprise...

These football people seem surprisingly well organized and the school looks like bumbling idiots.

Reactions: JACKY6996
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT