ADVERTISEMENT

Pine Richland article

He's mentioned in the replies, but I don't think he'll want the job. #'s 3 and 4 were apparently the runner-up's when Kasperowicz first got the job years back.

This is honestly way more than football at this point for the community. This administration is corrupt and has to go. I’d have the same opinions some of you have if I was afar too, but I’ve personally seen first hand the clown show being ran. Everything is boiling over. In hindsight, this was a power play before the election.

Reactions: new2pa
Jacky, my question is - right or wrong is it reasonable to expect that Coach Kasperowicz is the Head Football Coach this fall? What do you put the chances at? What would have to happen for him to be rehired? I just cannot imagine it happening because it would require two alleged egomaniacs to admit wrongdoing and reverse their decision.

Jacky, my question is - right or wrong is it reasonable to expect that Coach Kasperowicz is the Head Football Coach this fall? What do you put the chances at? What would have to happen for him to be rehired? I just cannot imagine it happening because it would require two alleged egomaniacs to admit wrongdoing and reverse their decision.
When it comes to Pine-Richland and this administration, they'll never admit that they're wrong.

The old AD is also gone - he's not coming to school anymore.

IMO, the tide is turning in Coach K's favor.

But you never know what's next.

I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet, but I heard from a very reliable source that P-R admin sent a cease and desist letter to Gateway to have them stop Don Holl from talking. That DID NOT go over well, but Gateway has thus far stayed out of the fray.

Here's a follow-up tweet to the one I saw yesterday. At the very least, there are two insiders interested in the job as well as Kasperowicz. I'm starting to think that May 3rd will be the date they hire the new coach, and if this is true, then it most definitely be someone else than Kasperowicz.

This has been out of the news for the past few days...people seem to be realizing how easy it is to replace a coach. The PR school board is not going to back down, they have all CYA. It is a year to year contract and the administration and school board decided not to renew his contract, they made their reasons clear, no matter how silly. Coach K is NOT getting the job back. Period.

The old AD is also gone - he's not coming to school anymore.

IMO, the tide is turning in Coach K's favor.

But you never know what's next.

I haven't seen this reported anywhere yet, but I heard from a very reliable source that P-R admin sent a cease and desist letter to Gateway to have them stop Don Holl from talking. That DID NOT go over well, but Gateway has thus far stayed out of the fray.
There is no cease and desist letter, Coach Holl has free speech...What happened was coach thought Eric was fired by email with no cause. That was not the case...A lot of coaches that supported Coach K were upset that they were misled, that Coach K received a letter form administration that he would not be rehired, Coach K had time to respond to the allegations and choose not to. The coaching support has gone silent.

Or the coaches are feeling the heat from their own administration.
Gone silent doesn't always mean gone away.
heat from their own administration is certain. The school board met with their solicitor many, many times before making this decision.. They all CYA.

Reactions: Bighead75
Maybe Coach K and Pat Carey are going to switch spots. That would be the perfect ending to all this.

• Wow
Reactions: wpialcoach
I just saw that the Pine-Richland School District website is no longer listing the need for a football coach under the Employment Opportunities tab. With a board meeting scheduled for tomorrow, I think it's down to Densmore and Salopek. So essentially, the two options are the yes-man AD or the former Butler coach with a 7-27 career record. Unless a surprise hire happens from the outside, then pick either one and hope for the best. They'll probably need it.

If they hire a coach without interviewing anyone. It’s going to get uglier.

Isn't the interviewing process private unless it's publicly published, like Kasperowicz's re-application? I think they may want to get this over with to try and subdue the drama and negative publicity. Surely there had to have been someone from the outside who applied for the job. There's no way possible that everybody listened to Don Holl.

Reactions: bucksftball
I just checked the P-R website. Job is still posted. Not sure you can log in, but its there.

Google: "pine richland job postings"

I must've misread then. I swore I saw that the only jobs posted were for a Head Volleyball Coach and a JV Cheerleading Coach.

Tomorrow night is the school board meeting. Maybe find out more then.

From talking to some people out here, it seems like there is a building group of less-vocal people that are about to come forward on all this with their opinions. Thus far its been a football coach or two that have been the most vocal. What I'm hearing is former board members are about ready to talk and there is something brewing about a cover up related to ab assault at the school.

Like I said, its getting ugly.

Tomorrow night is the school board meeting. Maybe find out more then.

From talking to some people out here, it seems like there is a building group of less-vocal people that are about to come forward on all this with their opinions. Thus far its been a football coach or two that have been the most vocal. What I'm hearing is former board members are about ready to talk and there is something brewing about a cover up related to ab assault at the school.

Like I said, its getting ugly.
Who are the former board members going to back?
Who or what is ab?

Former board members back the community and the coaches. They can't stand the current SB president either.

"ab assault" = "an assault"

Reactions: wilson8500
It seems as if that is the case. However, DiTullio stated that he wants to meet with Kasperowicz to discuss the aspects of his letter and how it can help the athletic department moving forward.

I listened to the entire portion about Coach K. Although DiTullio did finish a very long and weird statement what you said about meeting with Coach K, the next board member to talk said that the board is looking forward to the new coach search process.

If I had to handicap it now, I’d say it’s 99% likely P-R will have a new coach in the next 30 days and one of the top staffs in the state will remain on the street.

Incredibly sad and bad situation.

Reactions: lilromeo
I agree, new2pa. We will probably see the new coach hired and introduced in the next month or so. After all, summer workouts are going on currently and they're being supervised by interior staff, but it's getting to the point where coaching positions are getting filled and these teams have a vision and goal for the upcoming season. Things are probably going to change in the near-future.

People are focusing on DiTullios comment regarding meeting with Coach K. However, just before that he stated the following, “You can disagree with administration. I do it all the time,” DiTullio said. “But everyone who has seen everything about the investigation came to the same conclusion. Changes are needed in our football program – period. There’s no other way to slice it.”

I'm going to hold judgment on this coach's firing until I see what evidence presents itself in the school board's decision-making.

Certainly don't advocate "bullying & hazing", they are two different entities however, with different clinical thresholds... and there are defined limits!!

This I know... MANY coaches of SEPA (and state-wide) circa 1960-2000, would be relieved of their coaching duties if active today. Many of which are in the PA Sports HOF, including my own.

Things we experienced in the late 70's, was some of the "initiation" tactics hazing?, No doubt by today's definition. Certainly didn't think of it as such at that time, rather being able to overcome any verbal/physicality brought forth... which in our eyes signified achievement, appreciation, acceptance and comradery. Right or wrong, that's how we understood things in those days, and there wasn't much discussion/debate of the circumstances. None of it was initiated by our upper-classmen/leaders with true malice, not that I experienced. I'm sure these tactics varied as to locale..

I understand where this P-R issue is going now, here in the short-term. The descriptions and explanations of the offenses that lead to this coach's firing will be paramount.... and dissected by all of us as to intent, severity & coach's level of "institutional control" culpability??

The only description that has been released by anyone is what is described in the letter Coach K got. Literally the words "hazing, intimidation, and rights of passage". No addition description.

I'm going to hold judgment on this coach's firing until I see what evidence presents itself in the school board's decision-making.

Certainly don't advocate "bullying & hazing", they are two different entities however, with different clinical thresholds... and there are defined limits!!

This I know... MANY coaches of SEPA (and state-wide) circa 1960-2000, would be relieved of their coaching duties if active today. Many of which are in the PA Sports HOF, including my own.

Things we experienced in the late 70's, was some of the "initiation" tactics hazing?, No doubt by today's definition. Certainly didn't think of it as such at that time, rather being able to overcome any verbal/physicality brought forth... which in our eyes signified achievement, appreciation, acceptance and comradery. Right or wrong, that's how we understood things in those days, and there wasn't much discussion/debate of the circumstances. None of it was initiated by our upper-classmen/leaders with true malice, not that I experienced. I'm sure these tactics varied as to locale..

I understand where this P-R issue is going now, here in the short-term. The descriptions and explanations of the offenses that lead to this coach's firing will be paramount.... and dissected by all of us as to intent, severity & coach's level of "institutional control" culpability??
There's been talk on this board of replacing / getting rid of school board members and school administrators. Those are two very different things. School board members get replaced if they lose an election and I understand an election is coming up in the P-R district. But administrators (superintendent, principal, AD, etc.) are employees hired by the board. They can't be replaced by the board unless there is cause. They are probably far more vulnerable if it is determined that they ignored or didn't pay enough attention to accounts or even rumors of hazing than if it is determined or perceived they were too vigilant or insufficiently supportive of a coach or athletic program. Even if people elect an entirely new board, it is likely to be very difficult and quite costly to change the senior admin positions if the current occupants aren't wiling to leave.

P-R Supt and Asst Supt contacts are up for renewal this year 10/1 and 12/1. If they are told they are not coming back by then, they are done. Unfortunately, new board will not be in place until the November election. There was a tweet about this a while back. P-R will be on the hook for something like $1.5 for those two for the next 5 years.

And they are hated. DIsaster

P-R Supt and Asst Supt contacts are up for renewal this year 10/1 and 12/1. If they are told they are not coming back by then, they are done. Unfortunately, new board will not be in place until the November election. There was a tweet about this a while back. P-R will be on the hook for something like $1.5 for those two for the next 5 years.

And they are hated. DIsaster
I know nothing of the specifics at P-R, but in most places where there are November elecctions the newly elected don't actually start until December or even January. As for the contracts, as I think you are suggesting, the board (new or old) would probably have to show cause not to renew them or pay a large settlement.

Question: do you know for sure they are hated by most people in the districted? If so, how do you know?

Things we experienced in the late 70's, was some of the "initiation" tactics hazing?, No doubt by today's definition. Certainly didn't think of it as such at that time, rather being able to overcome any verbal/physicality brought forth... which in our eyes signified achievement, appreciation, acceptance and comradery.

They didn't let just anybody in that club
Took every ounce of heart and sweat and blood
To get to wear those game day jerseys down the hall
Kings of the school man, we're the boys of fall.

Things we exsperienced.....
Not everyone got a trophy.
If you didnt play, it wasnt the coaches fault.
And mommy or daddy didnt get involved and you became better for it.

I'll take the old days, I learned lots of life lessons.... ON MY OWN!

I know nothing of the specifics at P-R, but in most places where there are November elecctions the newly elected don't actually start until December or even January. As for the contracts, as I think you are suggesting, the board (new or old) would probably have to show cause not to renew them or pay a large settlement.

Question: do you know for sure they are hated by most people in the districted? If so, how do you know?

Their contracts were published on twitter. They officially end on 6/30/2022. But they have to be told if they are renewing or not by 10/1/201 or 12/1/2021. If they are not told, then the contracts renew with similar term (5 years). At that point, you'd have to fire them with cause or buy them out.

Of course I don't know everyone in Pine-Richland, but I have not heard a single person football or otherwise say they like them. For a variety of reasons - one of which being we haven't moved up academically since they have been here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT