ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2018

Congratulation to the Rams for a dominating performance in the Championship game on both sides of the ball. Defense was rock solid the entire game and the offense really got it going in the second half. The offensive line of P-R was excellent and the entire defense looked fast and physical. P-R's two inside LB's are STUDS. I have been pleasantly surprised at how solid the DB's have been as well. Good in coverage and are really physical too. It looks like there are very few if any full-time two way players.

On offense, one of the key storylines of the last couple weeks has been the improvement of the young skill guys and the emergence of King and Cerminara at RB's to compliment Meckler. King absolutely was destroying people at FB and Cerminara had big blocks and several nice runs. Reminds me of Mike Alstadt of Tampa Bay a few year back.

QB and top 2 WR's are 10th graders and they start another sophomore and Meckler in only a Junior. All those kids made HUGE plays in the game. Will be interesting to watch these kids in a few more years. Kudos to the coaches for melding this group of young and old players together and keeping them from tanking after the awful performance to NA.

Big game this week against State College (how are they?) and then likely against SJP for a chance to go to Hershey.

I posted some comments in the other thread about the game, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the major change in the offense since they got whooped by NA. To me, it seems like they have found the right mix and look more spread out. QB and WR are still really young but seem to be making more plays and the offensive line has been absolutely dominating kids. Probably the best run game I've seen since I've been here.

Hopefully they get the pass defense figured out. If they do, I think they have got a shot to go back to back.

I posted some comments in the other thread about the game, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen the major change in the offense since they got whooped by NA. To me, it seems like they have found the right mix and look more spread out. QB and WR are still really young but seem to be making more plays and the offensive line has been absolutely dominating kids. Probably the best run game I've seen since I've been here.

Hopefully they get the pass defense figured out. If they do, I think they have got a shot to go back to back.

I'd disagree a little about the defense. I thought PR was stopping them during portions of the game, but imo its nearly impossible to contain their playmakers for a full 4 quarters. They have 3 or 4 legit 4.5/4.4 speed type kids, and a 6'5 TE. Their QB only had 12 completions and I'd say most of that was from their skill guys making plays in open field. Hetzel man to man with the PSU commit probably wasn't a good idea either. I thought PR played pretty well overall against their offense despite being outmatched in the skill player department. Those two early turnovers ended up being huge.

Any idea on how SJP is up front? PR O line is playing at a very high level right now, I don't see any team being able to easily stop their run game. And now with cerminara having a bigger role (should've used him more this season) they have a pounder. QB made some nice throws that could've been touchdowns had the receiver's actually caught it. I think PR is going to be over matched once again by the SJP skill players. They're gonna need to try to pressure their young QB and force mistakes. The DB's had tight coverage a few times last night but they couldn't locate the ball and receiver made the play. I think PR is gonna need to score 35+ as well.

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa
You are probably right Jacky. Sometimes if players are that much better it doesn't really matter. Senior QB and good skill for State College made some plays. Also think you are right about next week. Opposite kind of game from last year. Will fall on the senior OL to make things happen on O and pressure on D. I'm sure SJP is good but hard to imagine they can matchup physically the entire game with P-R's kids.

Reactions: Soup13
SjP has size mixed with athletic kids on both lines, probably larger than PR on the offense line believe it or not. Depth more than I have seen in recent years at SJP. They were beat up in different positions all year but now everyone seems healthily. The qb is the best to come through from a big picture view in a while. This Meaning they have had HS gamers but this kid has a major ceiling. That being said I expect a close game that will depend on who protects the ball.... both coaching staffs are two of the best in the state.

Well, that's a wrap. I posted in another thread about my thought on the game. Wanted to wrap up a little about what the Rams have coming back.

Offense (5 Starters Back):
1. Cole Spencer, QB. 2021: He will be bigger and stronger and will be coached up. 3000/1000 yard potential.
2. Luke Meckler, RB, 2020: Possibility to be a 1000/500 kid next year.
3. Luke Miller, WR/H. 2021: HUGE upside - looks well over 6'. Very dynamic player that makes plays. Great hands.
4. Eli Jochem, WR, 2021: Bigger faster version of their typical slot (Merhaut/Defrancsis) Best route runner.
5. D'Avay Johnson, WR, 2021: Huge target (6'3) with good hands. He's the next Falcone. Needs to work on speed.

Need to fill in the ENTIRE offensive line and 1 WR.

Defense (4.5 Starters Back)
1. Luke Meckler, S, 2020: Split time this year because of reps. Flat out fast. Maybe a corner?
2. Chance Boyd, S, 2020: Fast and very good in run game.
3. Caden Schweiger, S, 2021: Played a lot for Meckler. Also very fast and very good instincts.
4. Trent Miller, DE, 2020: Was excellent at point of attack and also good athlete. Needs to gain weight.
5. Miguel Jackson, DE, 2021: Dynamic DE. Can run and is physical. Already looks big, but probably needs to get even bigger.

I think they should move the two DE's to interior DL and find some more DE. They will struggle for size unless they decide to play more OL two ways.

Reactions: Soup13
Well, that's a wrap. I posted in another thread about my thought on the game. Wanted to wrap up a little about what the Rams have coming back.

Offense (5 Starters Back):
1. Cole Spencer, QB. 2021: He will be bigger and stronger and will be coached up. 3000/1000 yard potential.
2. Luke Meckler, RB, 2020: Possibility to be a 1000/500 kid next year.
3. Luke Miller, WR/H. 2021: HUGE upside - looks well over 6'. Very dynamic player that makes plays. Great hands.
4. Eli Jochem, WR, 2021: Bigger faster version of their typical slot (Merhaut/Defrancsis) Best route runner.
5. D'Avay Johnson, WR, 2021: Huge target (6'3) with good hands. He's the next Falcone. Needs to work on speed.

Need to fill in the ENTIRE offensive line and 1 WR.

Defense (4.5 Starters Back)
1. Luke Meckler, S, 2020: Split time this year because of reps. Flat out fast. Maybe a corner?
2. Chance Boyd, S, 2020: Fast and very good in run game.
3. Caden Schweiger, S, 2021: Played a lot for Meckler. Also very fast and very good instincts.
4. Trent Miller, DE, 2020: Was excellent at point of attack and also good athlete. Needs to gain weight.
5. Miguel Jackson, DE, 2021: Dynamic DE. Can run and is physical. Already looks big, but probably needs to get even bigger.

I think they should move the two DE's to interior DL and find some more DE. They will struggle for size unless they decide to play more OL two ways.

Per twitter Johnson received an offer from William and Mary

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT