ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2017

Theyve had white playing as a safety in a three safety look on defense. He can hit and imo this position suites him better as a hybrid safety/linebacker. Add in his versatility to play CB also and the defense will only be improved much better then how they've been without him.

I see the logic with them holding him out on offense after his injury, with shaler and butler up next no reason to rush him in there until he is for sure 100%. They are gonna need him and crawford healthy come playoff time when the weather isn't as nice and running the ball is more important. Hopefully his dad chills out since that was apparently the reason he's banned from West A sporting events (another story for another day).

On another note they've got a few starting linemen out for 1-2 weeks. A couple with a concussion and one other with another issue. I've been told all will be back for the NA game. Injuries suck but a good opportunity for some of the younger guys to get some playing time these next two weeks, shouldn't effect the outcome that will likely be mercy rules at the half.

Huge region 3 match up tonight in Kettering as Wayne came in at 5-2 and 6th in the region 3 Harbins totals while Fairmont was 6-1 and 3rd in the region. A Fairmont win would put the Firebirds into the playoffs. V2S projection had Wayne by 9.

Wayne won the toss and decided to go on defense first and the defense did their job stopping Fairmont 3 and out. The Wayne offense moved the ball on the ground with Kinnel and McKee making the plays and when need a key pass moved the chains. Wayne took a 7-0 lead with a McKee keeper from 2 yards out... 7-0 Wayne. Once again the Warrior defense stopped the Firebirds 3 and out but on Wayne's 1st offensive play Hall picked off the pass and returned it deep into Wayne territory. With the momentum swing it did not take long for the Firebirds to score as Perkins broke open a big run going 21 yards for the TD... 7-7 after 1.

Fairmont's defense came up big again stopping Wayne as the Warriors shot themselves in the foot with a big holding penalty that negated a long McKee run. Wayne pinned the Birds down at the 10 following the punt. Then something strange happened, a Fairmont pass and it connected to a wide open Stamer who took it 70 yards before getting caught from behind. A few plays later Fairmont took the lead as Deglow ran it in from 10 yards out... 14-7 Fairmont. Wayne's quick strike offense did not take long to get it going as they quickly moved the ball down the field and once again it was McKee using his feet going 10 yards for the TD... 14-14.

Wayne's defense got the stop and Wayne's offense was at it again moving it on the ground and air. McKee found Victoria who made a great diving catch for a 8 yard score with just over 20 seconds left as Wayne took a 21-14 lead at the break. Wayne's RB though was injured on the drive and did not return.

Wayne got the ball to start the 3rd but could not do much with it. A great punt pinned Fairmont on their own 4 but that did not bother the Fairmont offense as Deglow chewed up yardage on the ground. The Firebirds took over 10 minutes off the clock all on runs and punched it in on a Deglow 27 yard run. PAT made it 21-21 after 3.

Wayne had no problem moving the ball on their next possession but the problem might be that they would score too quickly not giving the defense enough time to rest. It only took a few minute for the Warriors to find the end zone as McKee took it in from 2 yards out... 28-21 Wayne. With the Wayne defense wore out a big run by Deglow of 56 yards got the Firebirds deep into Wayne territory. Fairmont would punched it in with just over 5 minutes left on a Stamer 5 yard run. Some thought that Fairmont would go for 2 but that did not happen... PAT was good and we are tied at 28.

Wayne worked on the clock as they drove deep into Fairmont's territory but with just over 2 minutes left Wayne fumbled in the red zone. It looked pretty bleak for Wayne as the defense could not slow down Fairmont in the 2nd half but they found something deep inside and got it done and forcing a punt. Now, I have seen my fair share of bad spots before but this was absolutely ridiculous. A direction pun that looked to go out of bounds aroung the 38 to 40 yard line was marked at the 22 where it stopped rolling while way out of bounds. Wayne's coach about lost it on the side lines but no problem for the Wayne offense. McKee found Smith on numerous short passes that moved the chains but it looked like the Wayne drive would stall on the 40. With about 20 seconds left McKee threw a deep ball that looked like it would be pick off but some how Smith found a way to come down with the ball for a touchdown with 14 seconds left sending the Wayne fans into a furry. PAT was good. Fairmont was stopped on the last play with numerous laterals and Wayne came away with a huge hard fought 35-28 win over Fairmont and plenty of Harbin playoff points for the victory putting Wayne in a pretty good position for the playoffs. Fairmont would need 1 win in their next 2 games to get in.

GAME STATS:

total yards: Wayne 470 Fairmont 328
passing: Wayne 280 Fairmont 72
rushing: Wayne 34-190 Fairmont 41-256
first downs: Wayne 27 Fairmont 12
turnovers: Wayne 2 Fairmont 0

============================
Wayne Stats:

QB McKee 25/34 280 2 TD 1 INT / 13 rushes 67 yards 3 TD's
RB Kinnel 13-94
RB Williams 8-29
WR Smith 9-135 1 TD
WR Victoria 9-85 1 TD
WR Mullins 4-40
WR Turner 1-10
WR Walker 1-9

Fairmont:

QB Miller 2-2 72 yards / 14 rushes 27 yards
RB Deglow 18-162 2 TD's
RB Perkins 5-35 1 TD
RB Stamer 3-30 1 TD / 1 catch for 70 yards

========================================

Up next for Wayne is a big rivalry game against Springfield who is also battling for a playoff spot in region 3.

The O-line continues to improve giving McKee time to throw and opening up lanes for Kinnel who rushed for 94 yards in 1 half of action. Hopefully his injury is not serious and he returns next week.... The defense broke down tonight but when it really counted they got the stop. Should be another great game next week and a packed house......

After this game against Butler, hopefully discussion will pick up again as P-R plays NA and enters the playoffs. If things go according to plan, when NA rolls around, the starters will not have played more than a half of football in 6 WEEKS. I'm sure NA will be a battle and hopefully that lack of PT won't hurt P-R. I don't think it will since they have averaged 50 per half on offense and the first team defense has given up a total of 10 points in those games 5 games. I think the last TD surrendered was to BP and before that was in week 2 versus Mt. Lebanon. What a difference a year makes.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Butlers head coach (and former PR assistant coach and current PR teacher) Rob Densmore just parted ways with butler. This is the 4th or 5th wpial coach that’s resigned during the season or camp. All I’ve heard is that a star player was kicked off and then drama sourounding that. Regardless butlers football program can never catch a break.

NA has been playing very well these past few games on offense and defense, I expect this to be closer than what I thought. I still think PR is a comfortable 3 TD favorite. We had a few games play well into third quarters with staters, but other than that it’s been jv’s in after half. I think our stamina is pretty good as our two way guys still played well into the 3rd quarter games. We will see. I think NA will keep it close then as the game goes by pr will slip ahead more and more.

On anouther note assuming PR beats NA and they get the 1st seed, it looks surely they will play Norwin at home in the first playoff game. Shaler gave them a close game if that says anything about them. Only player of note they have is that thrift kid on offense and defense.

No starter has played "well into the third quarter" since Mt. Lebo on Sept 1st, with the exception of Penn Hills. Your assessment is inaccurate. Seneca, Bethel, PCC, Peters, Shaler...no starter entered the game after half time. There's a bit of concern over stamina in a hard fought four quarter game but it's not coming from NA in a few weeks.

Springfield Wildcats (6-2) @ Huber Heights Wayne Warriors (6-2)

Huge rivalry game with the winner a guaranteed spot in the region 3 playoffs. Packed house. Springfield opened up the game with the ball and moved the chains as Taylor was drilling his receivers. The Cats got the board first when Taylor hit Johnson from 8 yards out 7-0 Springfield... Wayne did not do much on their first possession and had to punt. Wayne was able to get the ball back following an interception but a huge unsportsman like penalty set them back. Facing a 4th and long McKee threw the ball up and Smith went up and snagged it from 25 yards out.... PAT is good, 7-7.

Wayne made it 14-7 in the 2nd qtr when McKee threaded a pass to Victoria who broke free for a TD from 42 yards out.... 14-7 Wayne. Wayne could not take advantage of good field position and fumbled away another possession as the defenses were stepping up. Late in the 2nd Taylor threw a bomb and somehow the Springfield WR was able to bring it in at the 4. Next play Smoot ran it in for a TD... the PAT though was blocked... Wayne 14 Springfield 13 at the half.

Both team struggled running the ball in the first especially Wayne who had negative yards rushing (They were out their top 2 RB's). Springfield did not do much better but had the edge in yardage by about 100 yards...

Wayne's defense played much better in the 2nd half though they did give up some yards on the ground but they did not break and flat out got it done defending the pass getting two more picks. Wayne offensively had troubles with the snap (Center got hurt in the 2nd qtr, back-up was in) but they were able to get a score on the board in the 3rd when McKee connected with Smith from 29 yards out making it 21-13.

4th qtr Wayne put it away with another passing TD as McKee found Mullins from 20 yards out. Springfield shot themselves in the foot with penalties in the 2nd half and Taylor did not have much time to throw getting sacked 4 times. Final Wayne 28 Springfield 23

Game Stats:

Total Yards Wayne 343 Springfield 286 (less than 50 in the 2nd half)
Rushing: Wayne 17 Springfield 86
Passing: Wayne 326 Springfield 200
Turnovers: Wayne 1 Springfield 3

Individual Wayne Stats:

QB McKee 21-32 326 4 TD's
RB Williams 8 for 27 yards
WR Victoria 10-186 1 TD
WR Smith 6-86 2 TD
WR Mullins 3-32 1 TD
WR Bom 1-10
WR Turner 1-12

Harris, Ross, and Johnson all got interceptions....

Springfield

QB Taylor 15-27 200 1 TD 3 INT
RB Smoot 12-63 1 TD
RB King 8-33
WR Stephens 4-85
WR Johsnon 4-74 1 TD
WR Jones 4-31

===================================

Up next for Wayne is another huge rivalry game at #1 Trotwood (9-0). Trotwood has been to the state finals or state semi's the last 6 years but they have only beaten Wayne once in this rivalry and that eats at them. Trotwood has outscored their opponents this season 506-103 and has scored over 60 points in the last 4 games.

Reactions: new2pa
Rams rolled again last night. After a slow first drive, they rolled off 7 TD's in a little over a quarter. Starters were pulled before halftime.

I posted this in another forum, but I was watching the guy I assume to be Kenny White's Dad. Griping the entire game then going down to the fence to talk to his kid during the game. Kid pouting on the sidelines. (He scored 2 TD's on 3 or 4 carries and played a lot of defense too.)

Those two might be the only people that can stop this team.

In the game against butler he went down for almost 5 minutes with what I assume was a bad cramp. After that on the sidelines he was pissed off they wouldn’t let him back in despite that he was limping, and they did let him back in he did not look 100% after that. I understand wanting to compete but it’s only butler and no need to risk missing more time if something gets aggravated. Bottom line this isn’t West A and he needs to realize that it isn’t about Kenny, phil, Raymond or anyone, it’s about the team.

In the game against butler he went down for almost 5 minutes with what I assume was a bad cramp. After that on the sidelines he was pissed off they wouldn’t let him back in despite that he was limping, and they did let him back in he did not look 100% after that. I understand wanting to compete but it’s only butler and no need to risk missing more time if something gets aggravated. Bottom line this isn’t West A and he needs to realize that it isn’t about Kenny, phil, Raymond or anyone, it’s about the team.

I saw most of that. He's a good player, but doesn't really fit in on the offense. Whenever he is in, they bring a fullback in and change everything. Against most teams this year that will probably work just fine. But the Crawford kid is a perfect fit. He's been lights out.

White seems like he is just looking to make a ESPN SportsCenter play every time on offense and defense.

And the sideline antics can't go over well with his team mates or the coaches. They were 6-0 without him against the toughest part of the schedule. He needs to understand that and not be a distraction.

Reactions: football.6a
Trotwood would beat 99% of PA teams.

Sorry, I saw a pot and I had to stir it.
All I can say is that if Wayne is winning games Ohio teams are SOFT! That was the weakest team I've seen PR play this year. Total domination. They couldn't come close to matching the physicality and got pushed around.

Trotwood would beat 99% of PA teams.

Sorry, I saw a pot and I had to stir it.
You stir, I'll add ingredients ... add a call to prep, they've proven that they will play anyone - also add lasalle, wood, north penn, neshaminy, Coatesville, or West Catholic - I'm sure you'll get some interest there too ... we'll see how it plays out - I'm an eastern pa guy but I'm sure the western teams would have interest too

I saw most of that. He's a good player, but doesn't really fit in on the offense. Whenever he is in, they bring a fullback in and change everything. Against most teams this year that will probably work just fine. But the Crawford kid is a perfect fit. He's been lights out.

White seems like he is just looking to make a ESPN SportsCenter play every time on offense and defense.

And the sideline antics can't go over well with his team mates or the coaches. They were 6-0 without him against the toughest part of the schedule. He needs to understand that and not be a distraction.

He was literally taking snaps in the wildcard I’d say 85% of the time at West A. I thought he’s been good in this offense just dances around too much; like you said trying to make it on ESPN. Crawford fits in much better though and hes been lighting it up these past 4 games, everytime he’s touched the ball it’s gone for a TD or long run. Plus he can catch out of the backfield and motion out as a WR.

There’s more to the antics I know about that I won’t post in here. It is a distraction and imo coach k needs to put an end to it. With playoffs coming up they can’t afford this drama and distractions, it’s not worth it this team is too good to get wasted over the team not being focused on games.

I agree. Everyone needs to be pulling in the same direction now. Get on the boat or be left at the dock.

Pr beats NA. I’ll do a better write up on it but I think falcone is done for the year. Huge blow I’ll have more soon.

The battle between the top 2 GWOC teams.

7-2 Huber Heights Wayne @ the #1 team in the state, The Trotwood Rams....

The weather? Miserable.... Cold and heavy rain the whole game.... would this benefit the run heavy Rams or the pass heavy Warriors from Wayne....

Well, that is simple... with the exception of the Colerain playoff game Wayne is notorious for not playing well in these conditions. No excuses, just a fact that has to be taken care of.

Decent crowd showed up for this one. Trotwood's first series went no where as Wayne forced a 3 and out but for Wayne it was a disaster as they fumbled the ball giving Trotwood possession inside the 20. It did not take long for one of the top backs in the state with over 6500 rushing yards in his career Raveion Hargrove to punch it in from 7 yards out. PAT was sketchy but was good.... 7-0 Trotwood.

Following a 3 and out Trotwood was at it again but this time the Wayne defense did not snap and on a 3rd and long Ross intercepted a floater in the end zone and returned it to the 15 of Wayne. Wayne could not get the passing game going in this weather as the rain and wind would cause havoc and when the ball was on target just bounced off receivers. Kinnel would step up though as the Wayne RB made big runs as the chains moved. Despite a holding penalty Wayne kept it on the ground getting large chuncks. Throw in a couple 15 yard penalties against the RAMS and Wayne was rolling. Kinnel punched it in from 12 yards out and we are tied at 7.

Nothing really happened in the 2nd qtr until late as it became hard to move the ball against the other teams defenses but then the play of the game happened. Trotwood backed up and on a 3rd and long threw a long pass that Hargrove somehow came down with on a diving 32 yard reception. Wayne's defense stiffened but Peppers was able to get off another catch that once again somehow found the receiver Daniels for a touchdown. I am not sure if the Wayne defender was pushed as the ball came in or just flat out misjudged it as it looked to be an easy pick. The PAT was good and it was 14-7 Trotwood at the half.

2nd half was all about field position. Every snap was an adventure which made punting very interesting. Wayne continued to try and throw the ball which was a disaster but the Wayne defense was getting stops forcing the RAMS to punt which was also disastrous. A negative punt gave Wayne great field position but they could not do anything with it. Another bad snap on a punt could of given Wayne the ball inside the 10 but the RAM punter escaped and ran for 30 yards. It got very frustrating but Wayne still had one chance late in the game. Wayne was able to move the ball and got deep into the red zone but the Trotwood defense stepped it up and forced a 4th down. McKee's pass floated out of bounds and Trotwood took over. Wayne though got the stop and forced a punt with about a minute to go. Not sure what Wayne was doing as they had no punt returner nor did they try and block the punt.....????. With one last chance a McKee pass looked to be on target to a speedy Mullins who broke free and could of taken it the distance but he was tripped up by the defender. No flag on the play until one was thrown on a Wayne coach for arguing. Game over, Trotwood 14 Wayne 7.

Stats:

Total Yards: Wayne 118 Trotwood 277
rushing yards: Wayne 115 Trotwood 228
passing Wayne 3 Trotwood 49

Despite Trotwood having twice the rushing yardage both teams averaged 4.3 yards per carry. Trotwood kept it on the ground while Wayne was stubborn in trying to throw the ball through out the game despite being able to move it at times on the ground. Also, in these conditions when just getting a grip on the ball was difficult Wayne's OC decided to call a double pass....
wallbang.gif
I have never seen a WR called for intentional grounding before...

Individual rushing stats:

Wayne: Kinnel 15 for 106 yards 1 TD ....
Trotwood: Hargrove 32 for 213 yards 1 TD ....

Oh well, Trotwood should cakewalk through region 12 on their way to another state title appearance. Wayne got some help in L2 games last night and will be hosting Pickerington North in the playoffs in Region 3.

Another strange note in the game the Wayne punter got called for an illegal punt when he dropped kick it.... I thought that was one of those lost arts that is still legal?

Pr beats NA. I’ll do a better write up on it but I think falcone is done for the year. Huge blow I’ll have more soon.
Worst officiated game I have ever seen, that's the only reason NA hung around. 3 offensive TDs called back...two on bogus penalties and one on a call the Phil stepped out of bounds when the film showed he did not. Also took away a defensive TD on a call that he runner was down when he was not.
And missed another call of runner down early in the game when NA was down 14-0.
Absolutely horrible, I've never seen anything that bad. Even watching the DVR of The Point telecast you can hear the announcers being very critical of the horrible calls. By the fourth quarter they are at a loss for words and laughing over the sequence of a completed pass called with the ball rolling on the ground followed by a fourth down where the official spotted he ball two yards ahead of where the receiver was down to give NA a first down. They even did a slow motion relay proving he was short.
Insane. Neutral site with better officials in two weeks and this is a mercy rule game.

Worst officiated game I have ever seen, that's the only reason NA hung around. 3 offensive TDs called back...two on bogus penalties and one on a call the Phil stepped out of bounds when the film showed he did not. Also took away a defensive TD on a call that he runner was down when he was not.
And missed another call of runner down early in the game when NA was down 14-0.
Absolutely horrible, I've never seen anything that bad. Even watching the DVR of The Point telecast you can hear the announcers being very critical of the horrible calls. By the fourth quarter they are at a loss for words and laughing over the sequence of a completed pass called with the ball rolling on the ground followed by a fourth down where the official spotted he ball two yards ahead of where the receiver was down to give NA a first down. They even did a slow motion relay proving he was short.
Insane. Neutral site with better officials in two weeks and this is a mercy rule game.

I agree with every point. That was the biggest joke I’ve ever seen. Ever. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if something is done about it by the wpial. It was that bad and it’s even worse when the announcers with replay are even saying it’s bad. Also looks like art Walker set everything so he has as much of an advantage at home as he can as their chain gang was clearly bias going as slow as possible to slow PR tempo. Neutral site and this is a blowout like you said, absolutely ridiculous.

Onto the game PR was actually challenged into the 4th quarter for the first time all year (arguably because of the zebras). I will give credit to NA they made some nice plays (fake punt On a long pass that allowed them to score and make it one score game in 4th and hb option pass for TD) and I think they are well coached but in the end PR was to much offensively. This is the first team besides lebo that has really gashed PR offensively, they were going three TE sets and running down PR and PR couldn’t stop it at times.

Defensively NA didn't take a hint from PCC and ran a 3 man front and they were promptly gashed for over 600 rushing yards. PR only passed for 50 yards arguably their lowest passing yardage in years. IMO you can’t take away both the run and pass from this team, it’s pick your poison and try to outscore them if you can. They utilized jurkovec as a big part of the run game for the first game all season, NA couldn’t stop the read option play. Crawford and white are both studs on offense when they get hot, these two will be crucial in the playoffs.

Unfortunately game came at a cost as falcone left before halftime and he couldn’t put any weight on his one leg. With the way he looked and his reaction it did not good and what I was told is that it is likely season ending. Big blow to PR offense as he was consistently their big play deep threat guy. Luckily they have some solid complimentary receivers that are very good, however this will affect their big play ability. Jurkovec would often throw it deep to falcone and consistently came up with those kind of catches.

Looking ahead to the other game on PR’s bracket is NA-Lebo so PR will get a rematch in the semi finals (Norwin will be a halftime mercy rule). Perhaps we can see what PR does to NA on a neutral site with better officiating?

After Bethel beat Lebo and PCC beat penn hills, here's how I predict the brackets will likely come out later tonight:

Norwin at PR
NA at Lebo

Penn Hills at Bethel
Peters at PCC

Hopefully PR stays focused and doesn't let their guard down because either lebo or na will give them all they got. And with no falcone it will be a little harder.

With Falcone likely done they will have to have other kids step up. What they lose with him is their primary deep threat/ big play guy so hopefully someone can step up in that category. Luckily it's not like falcone was their only guy and they had a bunch of scrubs around. Jason Defrancis and Dawson Goltz are two very reliable guys that will see their numbers increase now. Both have very good hands, Goltz runs good routes and defrancsis has made plays as a slot guy this season. They also could work crawford more as a wide out now. Anouther solid option is Ben Jochem who has seen significant time this year on offense, I expect his role to increase. Overrall losing Falcone hurts but I still wouldn't say it effects PR's title chances too much, they have other talented players and it helps when you have one of the best in the country throwing to you.

Last edited:
NA school officials are currently behind the scenes trying to get PR kids suspended for the flag they put in the field after the game. They scream classless but don’t seem to remember when they ran a HB option pass up 30 points with two minutes left that went for a long TD a year ago. No damage was done With the flag, this is just a case of sour grapes to me.

NA school officials are currently behind the scenes trying to get PR kids suspended for the flag they put in the field after the game. They scream classless but don’t seem to remember when they ran a HB option pass up 30 points with two minutes left that went for a long TD a year ago. No damage was done With the flag, this is just a case of sour grapes to me.
I think the issue is deeper than that. Dr. Miller the PR Superintendent is an NA person. Lives there. Used to work there. Wife works there. Dad works there. Kids go there. What's happening is he is more interested in NA advancing and the only way to do so is if PR kids are suspended. It's a significant conflict of interest. I hear PR went after the school board hard today and are going to attempt to get enough support together to pressure for his resignation. At least continue to express severe displeasure at the conflict of interest that exist.
Dr Miller has his wife and neighbors in his ear complaining about NA losing and PR celebrating.
Any other allegations you hear are absolute lies and made up by pissed off NA parents. Multiple videos of the entire celebration prove that.

I think the issue is deeper than that. Dr. Miller the PR Superintendent is an NA person. Lives there. Used to work there. Wife works there. Dad works there. Kids go there. What's happening is he is more interested in NA advancing and the only way to do so is if PR kids are suspended. It's a significant conflict of interest. I hear PR went after the school board hard today and are going to attempt to get enough support together to pressure for his resignation. At least continue to express severe displeasure at the conflict of interest that exist.
Dr Miller has his wife and neighbors in his ear complaining about NA losing and PR celebrating.
Any other allegations you hear are absolute lies and made up by pissed off NA parents. Multiple videos of the entire celebration prove that.

Very interesting. Pretty sure he got one of the coaches suspended earlier this year because they used his face on a play card. I never liked the guy tbh. This is just the icing on the cake for me. The other allegations have been made by a bunch of pissed of band parents mainly. The NA band should've realized that media would be on the field conducting interviews etc and 22 the point handing out the trophy after the game. It's their fault PR was on when they were doing whatever they were doing after the game. Miller no doubt needs to be gone after this however.

Can't wait to watch these fireworks. It looked like a harmless, perhaps juvenile prank. Make them run a lap or two then lets play football.

Don't want to be NA next week though.

Very interesting. Pretty sure he got one of the coaches suspended earlier this year because they used his face on a play card. I never liked the guy tbh. This is just the icing on the cake for me. The other allegations have been made by a bunch of pissed of band parents mainly. The NA band should've realized that media would be on the field conducting interviews etc and 22 the point handing out the trophy after the game. It's their fault PR was on when they were doing whatever they were doing after the game. Miller no doubt needs to be gone after this however.
Yes, Miller needs to go and that's what needs to be done now. Pressure on the board to remove him. He did suspend a coach, you are correct. And certain board members that got elected or re-elected with that coaches help signed off of extending the suspension. A lot of questionable characters over there for sure. Next board meeting is November 13 at 7:30pm

I was at the PR vs NA field hockey game tonight. A lot of football players go to other pr events to support other teams etc. Jurkovec was there (girlfriend Is a star player on the team) and NA’s athletic director kicked him out. PR’s principles and AD escorted him out. I’m at a loss for words. He was literally sitting there doing nothing and he was kicked out. That is bullshit. Plain and simple. Something has to be done.

I was at the PR vs NA field hockey game tonight. A lot of football players go to other pr events to support other teams etc. Jurkovec was there (girlfriend Is a star player on the team) and NA’s athletic director kicked him out. PR’s principles and AD escorted him out. I’m at a loss for words. He was literally sitting there doing nothing and he was kicked out. That is bullshit. Plain and simple. Something has to be done.
Absolutely unbelievable!

For the second year in a row, the 4 semi-finalist teams are from the Northern 7 conference. Hopefully the WPIAL mixes things up next year because the quality of those programs isn't going to change much.

For the second year in a row, the 4 semi-finalist teams are from the Northern 7 conference. Hopefully the WPIAL mixes things up next year because the quality of those programs isn't going to change much.
Biggest shocker is Penn Hills over bethel park

Someone told me today that the falcone knee injury wasn't as bad as everyone thought and they think he could be back in a few weeks. Holding out hope he comes back 100% if they can win out these next few games.

Well, P-R made it to the finals with a pretty good performance overall vs. a very game NA team. Offensively, they are just fantastic. NA really never stopped them, they just stopped themselves. Also, for the second game in a row, I thought the defensive coaching staff did a good job with halftime adjustments and helped NA to only 1 score.

On offense, they just have so many weapons its crazy. And now they will have Falcone back to go along with all of the others. If they can avoid turnovers and dumb penalties, it almost impossible to stop what they are doing it seems. Defensively, teams like NA will give them problems playing with 3 TE's etc. But the staff did a nice job to slow that down and get the ball back, particularly in the second half.

Should be an interesting game versus PCC. The paper says PCC's defense is playing well, but I wonder if their offense can score.

He was literally taking snaps in the wildcard I’d say 85% of the time at West A. I thought he’s been good in this offense just dances around too much; like you said trying to make it on ESPN. Crawford fits in much better though and hes been lighting it up these past 4 games, everytime he’s touched the ball it’s gone for a TD or long run. Plus he can catch out of the backfield and motion out as a WR.

There’s more to the antics I know about that I won’t post in here. It is a distraction and imo coach k needs to put an end to it. With playoffs coming up they can’t afford this drama and distractions, it’s not worth it this team is too good to get wasted over the team not being focused on games.
Just a question about White,how/why did he end up at PR from WA?

He (his Dad) didn't like the Coach at West A and they moved to P-R when their lease was up. Not sure why P-R versus other places, but I'd think he knew that Jurkovec and thought P-R would be good this year.

What's also interesting is his half brother plays for NA, maybe surprising he didn't go there. What's also funny is he decleated his brother this past game against NA on a kick off return.

Well, P-R made it to the finals with a pretty good performance overall vs. a very game NA team. Offensively, they are just fantastic. NA really never stopped them, they just stopped themselves. Also, for the second game in a row, I thought the defensive coaching staff did a good job with halftime adjustments and helped NA to only 1 score.

On offense, they just have so many weapons its crazy. And now they will have Falcone back to go along with all of the others. If they can avoid turnovers and dumb penalties, it almost impossible to stop what they are doing it seems. Defensively, teams like NA will give them problems playing with 3 TE's etc. But the staff did a nice job to slow that down and get the ball back, particularly in the second half.

Should be an interesting game versus PCC. The paper says PCC's defense is playing well, but I wonder if their offense can score.

Nobody PR could have to face runs the type of offense that NA does so I don't think them giving up some yards in both games against them is a huge worry. The offense is loaded, and jurkovec had arguably the best game of his career so far (versus the worst passing performance of his career in the game two weeks ago) pretty sure the only two incompletions were drops.

Without weathers now and how PCC has struggled on offense I expect this one to be a mercy rule again. Don't think PR gets tested again until they play state college next week.

Well, P-R looked pretty darn good yesterday. Got off to a quick start, overcame a couple times when they had to punt, then rolled off 4 straight TD's drives to invoke the Mercy rule in the third quarter.

I don't want to bash on PCC because they played hard, but it was ridiculous that they didn't even try to pass the ball to come back. I think their QB only attempted 8 passes. That's crazy.

Well, P-R looked pretty darn good yesterday. Got off to a quick start, overcame a couple times when they had to punt, then rolled off 4 straight TD's drives to invoke the Mercy rule in the third quarter.

I don't want to bash on PCC because they played hard, but it was ridiculous that they didn't even try to pass the ball to come back. I think their QB only attempted 8 passes. That's crazy.

PCC got a big pass rush going. Slowed PR down a bit. Jurkovec got hit a lot. However you can't stop them, only slow them. They got no help from their offense. IMO once they get down by 21 totten just seems to give up. Between wanting to run an offense from the 80s and then never being able to come back from deficits it seems like he holds them back. With all the talent they are hyped to have every single season they should be in the state championship every year. Only one state title in ten years is kinda pathetic for it. Perhaps incompetent coaching is holding them back?

Falcone is back and he looks back to his pre injury form. Crazy that he had a very good game considering he just had surgery like three weeks ago. Next up is a good state college team. Cannot overlook them. They have athletes and they are well coached.

Also don't think fisher put up great stats this year either. I remember after the 2015 game when PCC beat PR in the final minute all the PCC fans lost their minds that fisher was the next reincarnation of marino and how much better he was than jurkovec. HA! Really wish that PR team didn't blow it against Penn Trafford in the semis, they had a chance against PCC at heinz!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT