ADVERTISEMENT

PCC

newport

Nov 22, 2002
What's the outlook for PCC look like this year? I was just on 247 site and see that they have 2 LBs going D1(PSU n Michigan) a DLinemen committed to Pitt and it looks like the WR Gonzalez is gonna pledge to PSU tomorrow. Now I know having a good amount of D1 talent on your team doesnt always translate to championships (see Imhotep) but do they have enough to get to Hershey(CV) to give Prep a challenge? Are they the favorite in the West?

Another JR for them has started picking up P5 offers, and a sophomore LB just got offered by PSU and Wisconsin this past week as well. Definitely their most loaded squad since their state title team 8 years. They shouldn’t have a problem in the wpial this year, PR and NA are their toughest matchups arguably, but even then neither of them are as even talent wise. Outside of the wpial I wouldn’t sleep on state college or Harrisburg with young teams from last year, but I’d say PCC is a comfortable favorite from the west. A big factor will be how things gel under the new coaching staff.

Reactions: newport
They’ll start the season off with an “L” to St. Ignatius from Ohio. After that, they shouldn’t lose a game to a Wpial opponent. They’ll make it to the state semifinal game where they should play Harrisburg. I’d have to give Hburg the slight favorite. If they do somehow make it to Cumberland Valley, they lose by atleast 4 Tds to St. Joes Prep

With all that Power 5 talent, what makes them at least a 4 td underdog to Prep? I'm in SePa so my knowledge is basically limited to what I read on here and Dan Marino/Marc Bulger. Is the talent gap still THAT wide even with those P5 guys all over the field? I know Prep is coached better than any team in the state but is it that much of a gap that PCC couldnt make it somewhat competitive?

Look, I know Prep is the boogey man in 6A. I understand its them and then everyone else way below them. Just trying to get a gauge on what's going on out west.

It's crazy to think that even with all that P5 talent for PCC, they might not even be 1 of the 5 best teams that Prep will play this year because of the schedule they are taking on this season

With all that Power 5 talent, what makes them at least a 4 td underdog to Prep? I'm in SePa so my knowledge is basically limited to what I read on here and Dan Marino/Marc Bulger. Is the talent gap still THAT wide even with those P5 guys all over the field? I know Prep is coached better than any team in the state but is it that much of a gap that PCC couldnt make it somewhat competitive?

Look, I know Prep is the boogey man in 6A. I understand its them and then everyone else way below them. Just trying to get a gauge on what's going on out west.

It's crazy to think that even with all that P5 talent for PCC, they might not even be 1 of the 5 best teams that Prep will play this year because of the schedule they are taking on this season
The problem is SJPs schedule. They play IMG week 1, which means they’ll face the best team they’ll have for the entire season. They won’t be “intimidated” by anyone after that.

PCC also has a recent history of “underachieving”. they have yet to win a state 6A title. This year is not very unique in terms of talent, as it seems they always have more d1 players than everyone in Wpial.

I feel like PCC should be the SJP of the Pittsburgh area. In turn, PCC vs SJP would be the state title every year. But, the harsh reality is that SJP is on a different level than anyone in PA right now

They’ll start the season off with an “L” to St. Ignatius from Ohio. After that, they shouldn’t lose a game to a Wpial opponent. They’ll make it to the state semifinal game where they should play Harrisburg. I’d have to give Hburg the slight favorite. If they do somehow make it to Cumberland Valley, they lose by atleast 4 Tds to St. Joes Prep
That will be a tough one for sure. But Iggy lost Coach Chuck Knox to retirement with a big ???? there. They're coming off a so-so 8-4 season losing to all the real power on the schedule; city rival St Ed's 48-6 and 28-7 playoffs, AB Hoban 28-7, Moeller 25-10. Young team last year so we'll see. I don't follow OH ball like FL and other southern states/teams but like to stay a little current with our Ohio neighbors, coming from the Big-33 era.
Probably the hardest part at least emotionally for PCC's game at St. Ignatius is it's at Wasmer Field.

This is the most loaded PCC team since 2004. They have the rare combination (for PCC) of talented big guys and talented skill. I don't know enough about St. I's to make a prediction, but I can say that I don't believe they will be challenged until the state finals. They have a high quality coaching staff and tons of talent.

This is the most loaded PCC team since 2004. They have the rare combination (for PCC) of talented big guys and talented skill. I don't know enough about St. I's to make a prediction, but I can say that I don't believe they will be challenged until the state finals. They have a high quality coaching staff and tons of talent.
You're of the same view I am, or near it that with all that talent, why shouldn't they beat teams like St. Ignatius? If not now, when? But it will be hard playing them on campus. A rarity. Then it's on to the ever-present threat of SC and Harrisburg.

Reactions: new2pa
Let’s just say if they don’t win atleast Wpials, it’ll be worse than 2022 Seneca valley level of underachievement

Way worse than 2022 SV. SV had a nice team, but not like this.

All 3 PCC WR plus both TEs with D1 offers. A 3 year starter at QB plus 2 OL with offers.

Defense is the same kids plus Speca and the DL commit to Pitt.

LOADED

as they say, pressure either burst pipes or create diamonds…
De Beers Plumbing ? ;).

I'll see if I can crank out an abbreviated 6A Top 10 and-or a Top 10 using all classes, eg SJP, McDevitt, Steel Hi etc. NA is looking good this year Tiger Man.

De Beers Plumbing ? ;).

I'll see if I can crank out an abbreviated 6A Top 10 and-or a Top 10 using all classes, eg SJP, McDevitt, Steel Hi etc. NA is looking good this year Tiger Man.
Yeah, NA should be good. Also the fact PCC and Mt. Lebanon both have COMPLETELY new coaching staffs should have Art walker Jr salivating…

If NA can beat PCC this year straight up, that would be one hell of a coaching job.

I watched Lebo practice the other day and think it’s going to be a long ass year for them. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t win a conference game. Big drop off in coaching from Palko’s staff. We’re not crisp, seemed unorganized too for this far into almost July. Decent size and decent speed. 2 kids with multiple d1 offers, a young qb room and coaches needing to adjust to playing with the big boys.

Greg Perry is at cannon mac and could really make a difference for their qb as a 3 year starter. They got talent, size so interested to see how well they do.

PCC kids keep adding to the d1 offers, NA solid but don’t think anyone going to beat PCC this year locally.
I say in order…
Pcc
Na
Cm
Sv
Lebo

Reactions: new2pa
I watched Lebo practice the other day and think it’s going to be a long ass year for them. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t win a conference game. Big drop off in coaching from Palko’s staff. We’re not crisp, seemed unorganized too for this far into almost July. Decent size and decent speed. 2 kids with multiple d1 offers, a young qb room and coaches needing to adjust to playing with the big boys.

Greg Perry is at cannon mac and could really make a difference for their qb as a 3 year starter. They got talent, size so interested to see how well they do.

PCC kids keep adding to the d1 offers, NA solid but don’t think anyone going to beat PCC this year locally.
I say in order…
Pcc
Na
Cm
Sv
Lebo
I wouldn’t be surprised that Lebo is struggling, due to the starter qb leaving. I plan on going to each schools practices in august to “scout”. Interesting to see who has the best linemen

I think PR might have won a 7-7 summer of 2021 and they finished 7-5, seems to really be a crap-shoot as to how "impressive" this summer success is.

The idea of "winning 6A" in wpial is kinda meaningless- best of 5? The bigger question is, if PCC, or even NA could finish undefeated in reg season? That, yes, would be impressive.

Kinda too early to tell, but I'd give the edge to PCC in the "west" and if they finished reg season undefeated, or even like 9-1, then yes, I think they could challenge SJP, no way get blown out by 4 tds. Again, way too early to predict effectively, but right now, I'd say 28-14 loss. Can't forget, PCC has several assistant coaches who have some experience, and some success scouting, preparing and coaching against SJP.

I wouldn’t be surprised that Lebo is struggling, due to the starter qb leaving. I plan on going to each schools practices in august to “scout”. Interesting to see who has the best linemen
He is going to reclassify up a grade so will be a sr next year, projecting him to be drafted. He took some major hits last year, dad did not want him getting hurt for baseball. He will be missed for sure but even with him they would have a hard time this upcoming season. Now with younger qbs it will be pretty ugly. I think going to be a long tough year. Got some solid undeclassman so maybe the future looks bright but not anytime soon in my opinion.

Only thing I heard was from twitter: Clairton, Shaler, Woodland Hills. Lebo was from a connection but I actually haven’t seen that.

Nothing on P-R

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT