ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Corry Area quarterback Nolan Carey
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I’d say we did pretty well this past season. Our team was pretty young, full of starting sophomores including myself. Even though a record of 4-7 doesn’t sound pretty, it’s still an improvement from last year of 1-7.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Right now I’m finishing up the wrestling season. Track season begins soon so I’ll be getting work outs with that team. Also, we have a weekly QB workout in the morning along lifts three days a week.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think our team will do well next year. Yes we have some seniors that started, but I think we have the depth that can fill those spots.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I’d say it’s hard to tell right now who would be our toughest opponent next year, but from the past year, I’d say possibly Fort Leboeuf or Oil City.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I’m not quite sure who the toughest individual player will be, I guess whoever puts in the most work in the postseason.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Episcopal Academy running back Christopher Purnell Jr.
“It was an ok year for me, I didn't play the way I expected myself to but I’m learning from my mistakes.”

“I’ll be running track for the rest of winter and spring. Also, I want to start doing football training early, like in march.”

“I feel like we’ll do great, we have a lot of grit and passionate players on this team.”

“The schedule hasn’t been released yet but if I take a guess it would probably be Haverford.”

“N/A.”

Q&A with Montour linebacker Kaleb Platz
“I feel like our season went pretty well, started off rough, [we] should’ve beat Mars and should’ve beat SF but we had some mistakes that cost us as a team, but we finished the year strong and saw lots of improvement.”

“My plans are to just work hard on my game and also make sure I’m a leader and have the team keep working as well.”

“I feel like we will have a great year, I feel like everyone’s hopes are high and everyone is motivated after having a pretty good ending last year.”

“Aliquippa will definitely be our hardest game.”

“Tikey Hayes and probably Brandon Banks, [they are] both big-time playmakers.”

Q&A with Seneca Valley defensive back Jayden Price
“My high school season went pretty good, I did make a couple mistakes, but immediately learned from them. As a team we could have been better and performed to a higher level.”

“For my off season I’ve been working with a defensive back coach as well as doing indoor track and field, speed training and lifting.”

“I feel like as a team, we will do better than we did this year.”

“I feel like Central Catholic will be our toughest opponent for the upcoming season.”

“The toughest individual player our team will have to play is probably Payton Wehner from Central Catholic.”

Q&A with Notre Dame Green Pond quarterback Daniel Darno
“Even though we didn’t reach our ultimate goal which was to win a district title, I felt we had a great season overall. People doubted us after losing so many seniors, and I felt like we didn’t miss a beat and played great all season. I am proud of our overall team effort and some of the individual milestones I was able to achieve with the help of my teammates and coaches. Stats and record aside, the bonds and connections I made with my teammates over the course of the year is something I’ll never forget.”

“A couple of us have already started throwing and running routes just to ensure that our chemistry and connection just keeps improving. After basketball season is over, I’m definitely going to officially join the team in our off season lifts and field workouts.”

“I feel we definitely have a good shot at that this year. We have a lot of returning starters, which means plenty of experience and skill.”

“I don’t know if I can choose the toughest team we’re going to play. We’re treating every game on our schedule like it’s going to be the toughest one yet. North Schuylkill is always tough and we play them on the road this year. Northern Lehigh beat us last year, and we have two tough games on the road against Jim Thorpe and Palmerton. Every team seems to play their hardest against us, so we have to be ready for everyone. Our opener, Saucon Valley, is what we have circled right now.”

“Again, like the last question, I don’t know if I can pick any one player in the entire league. Of course there are a ton of star players, like Joey Flail, from North Schuylkill and Matt Machalik, from Palmerton, and we’ll just have to prepare extra hard for those guys. Our league is very deep and there are a ton of new stars that emerge every year.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News