ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Wilkes-Barre running back Mekhi Nelson
How did the high school football season go overall?
“It was a great historical season, but we fell short in our long-term goal of winning a district championship.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I plan to get in the weight room as much as I can to continue getting stronger and faster and I’ll be playing 7on7 and running track until the season starts back up.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like we’re going to have an improved season and finally win districts since all of our guys have been grinding this whole offseason.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel as though del Val will be the toughest game on our schedule because they have a great group of returning athletes as well as a great coaching staff behind them.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Aiden Black from del Val.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Episcopal Academy defensive lineman Alphonso Koukou
“It went great! Especially since I haven't played football since freshman year because of an injury last year.”

“Right now I'm focused on track and field doing shotput and discus.”

“I think we'll have a great season this upcoming year. We lost many key guys but our upcoming 2024 senior class is experienced, and very good.”

“Either Malvern Prep or the Haverford School, our two biggest rivals and the better teams in the league.”

“SpringSide Chestnut Hill running back #1.”

Q&A with Jeannette quarterback Payton Molter
“I would say fair. We were in several games and made it to the playoffs as the lowest seed. It was our first year with a new head coach and we are certainly moving in the right direction. Much better than the prior year.”

“I concentrate mainly on football. I took a week off after the season, since then I lift five to six days a week and do drills with my brothers at the field in the evenings.”

“I am sure we will do better next season, our second season under Coach Paulone, and we have all but two players returning, along with several young guys coming up next year. I hope to get back to our winning tradition.”

“After our last two years I would say every team is our toughest competition, we are not able to take any team lightly. That being said, there are always a few more weeks we play Clairton and GCC.”

“By far the toughest player and one no team can take lightly is Da’sjon Craggette.”

Q&A with Shenandoah Valley quarterback Ben Dempster
“It was a hard season. I transitioned from rb to qb and played most of the season with a torn labrum in my throwing arm.”

“I have been going through physical therapy after my shoulder surgery. I plan on doing track and field and lifting weights for the next season.”

“If we play as a team and compete all four quarters we will win games.”

“Williams Valley.”

“Alex Achenbach, Williams Valley running back.”

Q&A with Fleetwood offensive tackle Hunter Svoboda
“The season did not go as expected. We went 2-8 and we had a rough season all around. We started off good with a 2-1 record, but we couldn't find our rhythm after week 3.”

“Right now, I have basketball going on and I'm lifting every day by myself and lifting when I can with the team.”

“We have high hopes for this upcoming season. We think this could be a great season for us as long as the whole team buys in and puts the work in. If the team buys in, we can go far.”

“Twin Valley for sure. They have a lot of great players coming back and are always a tough team to play against.”

“Evan Myers. He's so hard to contain from a D-line perspective. He's small, but he has an arm. Not to mention he is very quick and shifty.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News