ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Tyrone Area defensive back Brady Ronan
How did the high school football season go overall?
“We went 8-3 as a team, but we still expected more. We aren’t satisfied.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Working on track and football. Trying my hardest to get my 40 time down.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel confident that we’ll do big things. Since we are now moving up to the laurel highlands, our competition will obviously get better. [It will] result in us to work harder and in the long run be better.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I have two, Central and Bishop Guilfoyle. Both [were] district champs and made deep play off runs last year. I’m confident we have the speed and athleticism to match up against them. We can’t look over any opponent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There’s a lot of great players on our schedule. Would be tough to pick a single one.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Central Catholic quarterback Payton Wehner
“Went super well and we made it to the WPIAL championship.”

“I play basketball so just lifting and playing basketball while also getting qb workouts in.”

“I feel my team could be super good as long as we put the off-season work in.”

“North Allegheny.”

“St. Ignatius got some good players.”

Q&A with Mt. Lebanon defensive lineman Connor Young
“The football season went pretty well, I don’t think our record did us a lot of justice. We battled a lot of injuries early on and came back by the end of the season.”

“I just plan on focusing on football and perfecting skills that I need to work on.”

“I feel that our team will be pretty good next year. A lot of young players got playing time this past season and are developing into good football players.”

“The toughest team we will play is most likely Central Catholic. They have a lot of very good players returning and it will be a battle.”

“For me personally, Ty Yuhas.”

Q&A with Muncy linebacker Landyn Wommer
“My season this year was great. I exceeded my expectations and I am excited for the rest of my high school career ahead.”

“My plans as of the moment are to get physically stronger and mentally stronger for the upcoming season.”

“I believe our team will do better than last year. Our team was amazing last year, but I believe that we have a chance at beating everyone’s odds.”

“During the regular season our toughest competition is South Williamsport. They are a very tough team and I love to play against them. During the postseason, our toughest competition is Canton. They have been our rivals for the past couple of years and it was an amazing experience last year to play against them.”

“I cannot state a specific person, but I do know that I will face some good lineman during the postseason that could halt us from advancing.”

Q&A with Pine-Richland running back Ethan Pillar
“Ended the season with a 12-game win streak and winning a WPIAL and State Championship-doesn’t really get better than that.”

“Team lifting and conditioning started up. Typically I have that 3-4 times a week and I still train at Elite with Bryan Stefanik.”

“Our goal is to repeat. We have a lot of returning players and great coaches.”

“Penn Hills.”

“Julian Duggar.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News