ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Tyrone Area quarterback Ashton Walk
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Pretty good, going 7-3 and bringing back a winning season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“To get bigger and better this off-season for next year.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel we will be pretty good next year. We have a core group returning and a group of hard workers.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Probably either Central or Bald Eagle.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Central’s Hunter Smith.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Dover Area quarterback Aric Campbell
“The season went amazing from going 1-9 and [turning it] around and the coaches trusting me to take over in which I did.”

“Hit the 7v7 season, stay throwing the football, and get better in the weight room and in school.”

“Looking to go get districts and be in state finals.”

“Northern [has] always [been] a good match and I like playing them. They’re going to want revenge and it’s a game to see.”

“I don’t really know anyone on other teams.”

Q&A with Fleetwood wide receiver Mason Musitano
“Not as planned. We went 2-8 and struggled a lot through the season. Personally, I battled a hip injury that sidelined me for half the season. I’m looking forward to coming back healthier and stronger next year.”

“Right now I’m lifting on my own looking to get bigger, stronger, and faster. I’m looking forward to coming together as a team soon.”

“We can be special this upcoming season. If we commit to the weight room and our off-season program, big things are going to come.”

“Probably Twin Valley. They’re one of the only teams that we’ve always played and ended up in our division with the merger.”

“It would have to be Evan Myers from Twin Valley. He got us pretty good last year.”

Q&A with Central Catholic wide receiver Vernon Settles
“My football season went pretty good, we had a couple big wins but it just didn’t end how we wanted it to.”

“My plans now are just working out before school then every Tuesday and Thursday I’ll get some footwork in with my dad.”

“Next year I feel extremely confident. We have almost every starter from last year coming back with a lot of big names.”

“Definitely NA again because they have a lot of starters coming back just like us.”

“I can’t think of his name but he’s a huge offensive lineman from St Edwards.”

Q&A with Seneca Valley defensive end Ryan Och
“I think that it was a great season in many aspects. As a team I think that we were kind of disappointed in where we finished and still feel like we had a lot more to give. Personally, I played my first varsity ball and learned so much about the game. I am really thankful to play with the seniors of last year, they showed me so much about the game and I made some memories with them that I will never forget.”

“I stick to football in the offseason, working to get stronger, faster, and smarter and work to improve my game. I work out on my own as well as team workouts which have started recently.”

“I am really confident in the team this upcoming year. We have a lot of guys that will be playing their first varsity ball and they are hungry to show what they can do. This offseason we are just trying to learn and improve and I feel that our coaches will put us in great positions to win a lot of games this year.”

“I think that all of our section games are always some of our toughest. Every team in 6A is capable of beating each other and it’s always great football. I think that North Allegheny and Central Catholic really stand out this year though. Both teams are so talented and NA will be hot coming off of the WPIAL title. I think our guys are ready to go into those two games and really leave everything out there. We still have some bad taste in our mouths ever since they gave us our last 2 losses last year.”

“There’s so many talented players in Western PA and I think 6A is home to a lot of them. You could name so many kids to a list like this, I think Central Catholic definitely has some of them. I think Peter Gonzalez has the ability to take over any game and Cole Sullivan is a dominant defensive player. I think Boyd from NA is electric and Mikey Evans the QB in Cannon Mac is very talented.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News