ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Episcopal Academy quarterback Na’rome Rayborn
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I believe our season this year went well. We finished the year 9-1 and not only did I have individual success, but the team also had great success. Although we didn’t get to accomplish our ultimate goal, I believe we had an amazing season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“My plans entering the winter, spring and summer, are to continue to work hard in the weight room, and to keep getting better as a passer and better my football IQ.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like our team next year will have lots of success. Even though we are losing extremely valuable players, we have lots of depth and are able to fill those positions.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I believe every team will serve as a challenge next year, but if I had to name one, I would definitely say Malvern Prep. They are very young and talented and will definitely want their revenge next year against us.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“In my opinion, the best individual player we will play against next year will be Tyler Roberts from Springside Chestnut Hill. He is extremely athletic and gave our defense many problems this year. It will be fun to play against him.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Shaler Area wide receiver Kaden Orga
“My high school season went pretty well. As a team we had our first season of above .500 in 12 years so that’s a big step.”

“Right now I am in basketball season and we are working to make a big run.”

“I feel really confident about our team next year. we are returning a lot of key players and I feel like it’s going to be our best season in a while.”

“Our section is full of good teams so every game we play is going to be a battle.”

“There are tons of good players we are going to play against next year. It's hard to pick who the best one will be.”

Q&A with Montour quarterback Jake Wolfe
“The season went well overall. Our team got better each and every week and our team chemistry improved significantly over the year. My team gave the season everything we had and we did well in a tough conference.”

“I am currently playing basketball, but I still lift and do workouts outside of basketball. My team will start lifting for the next football season in February.”

“I feel that my team is going to do extremely well next season and I believe that we have a good chance of winning it all next year. Our team continues to get better and our skill positions will be almost exactly the same next year. We lost a lot of great senior players, but I believe that we have people to step up in their place.”

“Aliquippa will be the toughest team on our schedule.”

“Tikey Hayes will be the toughest player to go against.”

Q&A with North Allegheny linebacker Tyreé Alualu
“Season overall went as expected, going into the season we had the mentality that 6A was already ours and it was.”

“I quit basketball due to an opportunity given to me by coach Mike Tomlin and the Steelers strength staff to be put on a 3-month program getting me ready for the next season.”

“The expectation is nothing less than becoming back-to-back Wpial champions and then taking on what the state has to offer, but as the season gets closer we’ll take it day by day.”

“I think Central will be our biggest challenge simply because they also have a lot of their guys returning too so it will be another battle.”

“I don’t know our full schedule yet but based on the teams I do know I would say Cole Sullivan. He’s a good downhill linebacker so he’ll be a good matchup for us.”

Q&A with Manheim Central quarterback Zac Hahn
“It went great! I feel like we have put Baron football back where it should be. Our senior group was a part of a group that went through it all, from a 3-5 season their sophomore years to making it to the district championship their senior year. Our offense and defense was great this year and we all had fun through the year playing together.”

“I’m on our varsity basketball team and throw javelin on the track team. I lift during school so I get my workout in during the day. I also have throwing workouts with Coach Jim Cantafio on Wednesday nights at Spooky Nook.”

“I feel like we can pick up right where we left off. We graduated a good group, but those guys did a great job getting younger guys ready for Friday nights. Offensively we return a lot of skill positions, but we graduate 4 out of 5 linemen. We have right guard Tyler Groff returning from our O-line and we have a couple younger guys that we are looking forward to having. Defensively we have the guys to build around for us to have another stellar defense.”

“Immaculata (NJ), Governor Mifflin, and Exeter Township.”

“There’s a couple guys that could be said but I would say Sam Steffy from Cocalico.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News