ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Seneca Valley running back Kai West
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The season didn’t quite go as we hoped, but I feel we still were able to continue to build a culture as SV that we have been building for the past few years. Even though we came up a little bit short, there were still a ton of positive and good experiences.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Currently, I am playing basketball, but am still in off-season training for next football season.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will have a successful season next year. We have a lot of unselfish, team first guys that want to work hard and are willing to go the extra step to be successful.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“6A has a lot of great talent. No team we will play is going to be easy by any means, but I think the hardest team will be Central Catholic or North Allegheny.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Like I said, there is a ton of ridiculous talent in 6A, but I think the toughest player to play will either be Anthony Speca, Cole Sullivan, or Tyree Alualu. They are all extremely good linebackers with phenomenal instincts and all have high football IQs.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Cathedral Prep defensive lineman Aden Wentz
“The season went really well for myself and the team.”

“My plan is to get more explosive and faster during the off season.”

“I have a good feeling my team will go all the way next season.”

“Definitely archbishop Hoban.”

“Lamonte fuller and Giovani Cooley.”

Q&A with Canon McMillan defensive end Kaeden Singleton
“The season went pretty well. We made the playoffs but lost 7-0 in the game before the WPIAL championship.”

“I’m working out now to get stronger and faster. The goal is to get up to 230 pounds by next season. I’ll be doing track and field in the spring.”

“Next season our team goal is to reach the WPIAL championship. We lost a lot of seniors on this year’s team but we have a bunch of young guys that will have an opportunity to step up and compete.”

“North Allegheny will be really good next season. They will probably be our toughest matchup.”

“Payton Wehner because of his mobility and Cole Sullivan from Central Catholic.”

Q&A with Chestnut Ridge pitcher Nate Whysong
“Overall I think our season was decent. There was a lot of talent in the LHAC this past year and I think we battled.”

“My plans are to finish basketball with a great season and workout whenever I can.”

“I think we will be a tough team next year. We’ll have a lot of experience out in the field.”

“I think that the toughest team we’ll play next year will be Richland. They’re always tough.”

“The toughest player I think that we’ll play will be Evan McCracken.”

Q&A with Mt. Lebanon linebacker Beckham Dee
“The outcome of this season was disappointing, but I enjoyed every minute of training, practice, and games with my teammates and coaches.”

“I am putting all of my time into getting stronger, faster, and putting on more weight for next season. I am not playing other sports, so I can focus on training with my teammates on and off of the field.”

“I know we will be a team that is fully invested and trusts the process that Coach Palko and staff implement. We will play for each other with passion next year. We will be a successful team regardless of wins and losses. That stated, we believe if we trust the process the outcome of winning will be the result.”

“Without being political, I believe all of the teams in 6A will be tough opponents. I feel that every year PCC and NA are the teams that we need to beat to achieve our goals. Which are to compete in the WPIAL finals and win WPIALs. Those goals go directly through PCC and NA every year.”

“Peter Gonzalez will be the toughest player to face next year. He gave us a ton of troubles this year. He will only get better as I expect.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News