ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with North Penn-Mansfield quarterback Karson Dominick
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Overall it wasn't the season we imagined but it was a great learning experience and we got a lot better throughout the year.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I’m starting up basketball now and am still lifting and working out.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I believe we will have a good season next year, we need to get in the weight room in the off-season and put in the extra work.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Next year Canton will be tough. They are a very good program and are a really good team.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There are many players that are good and will be tough to play against.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Trinity quarterback Caleb Wray
“Overall the football season is going great for us. We started the year 1-3 after falling to very good opponents in Roman Catholic, Wyomissing, and West Perry but we were ultimately able to rally together as a team and are currently 10-4 going into the Eastern State Final against Southern Columbia next week.”

“Being in the state playoffs we are kind of just trying to stick to our routine with practice, film, and lifting, but this offseason I definitely have plans to hit the weight room hard and participate in 7on7 tournaments as much as I can to stay sharp.”

“I feel that next season our team will be just like our team is now. Overall, we are a younger team with only a few seniors leaving and the more young guys we have getting experience, the better off we are. We try to produce a winning attitude with winning habits here at Trinity so I really don’t think the change in years will have much effect on us.”

“Every year we look forward to our matchup against steel high. Every time I’ve played them it has been nothing short of a battle between two tough teams. There is also the personal stake in that game every year being from Steelton like Coach Hill and myself, so we definitely circle that game on our calendars every year.”

“We are not exactly sure what our schedule will look like next season, but again keeping with the theme of our matchup with Steel High, some tough individuals we will face off against are the Erby twins.”

Q&A with Muncy offensive guard Kenny Hampe
“We started off good as a team l, but we got embarrassed in our last game of the season for the district championship. I myself thought I performed well especially since I was coming off of 4 tears in my labrum. Hopefully I win all-state.”

“For workouts I need to get faster, so I am going to do speed training and I plan on lifting at least five days a week. I plan on throwing shot put in the spring.”

“Next season I feel we should be able to win the district championship and make a far playoff run.”

“Canton will be the hardest team on our schedule. They were the team that embarrassed us in the district finals two years in a row.”

“I’m not sure who is the toughest individual. I know I will have to go against some good lineman in the playoffs though.”

Q&A with Muncy running back Austin Johnson
“The regular season went well but the loss we had in the district championship was disappointing. I had a good season but I still need to keep improving.”

“I have wrestling practices every day and I’m lifting about 4 times a week.”

“I think our team can do really well next year and I’m excited for it.”

“Our schedule isn’t out yet, but Canton or South Williamsport will probably be the toughest teams we will play.”

“I’m not sure what individual will be the toughest player we face next year.”

Q&A with Cathedral Prep offensive lineman LaMonte Fuller
“I think the season went great, overall we ended the regular season 8-2. Every week we got better and better so I was happy with how we did.”

“My plan is to prepare for my senior season. I'll be lifting 5-6 times a week to get bigger, faster, and stronger.”

“We will lose a couple key seniors this year. But we will have 28 seniors returning this. We should be right back to where we were this year. But this time we plan on finishing it off.”

“The toughest competition I would say would be ArchBishop Hoban.”

“The toughest player would be Charlie Bubonics, the quarterback from Solon Ohio.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News