ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Eisenhower quarterback Shawn Pascuzzi
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“It’s been going well; we are where we want to be.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“For the most part, yes, but there are a few mistakes I can work on.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I feel our team has play tremendously so far this season.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We can improve on our mistakes and close out games.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys are having maximum effort at all times and not taking plays off.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Executive Education Academy Charter School quarterback Darmel Lopez
“Everything with the football season has been going pretty good.”

“I haven’t been pleased with how I’ve been playing because I know I can always do better.”

“My team has played well, some games better than others, but we always have each others’ backs and fight, which is what counts.”

“I feel like we need to come out the gate stronger and attack earlier.”

“Offense: put up more points, defense: keep doing what they need to do.”

Q&A with Carlisle defensive tackle Thomas Nelson
“Definitely had [our] ups and downs but I like the direction the team is going.”

“Yes, two months before the football season I had meniscus surgery and did not know how good I’d be when I came back but I think I’m playing my best football right now so it worked out for the best.”

“We have lost a lot of key players before and during the season and I think we have done a great job bouncing back.”

“Cutting down on our turnovers and penalties.”

“Just playing as a team, if everyone is playing at their best, no one can beat us.”

Q&A with Trinity Area defensive tackle Jase Banco
“It’s not the result we wanted at all, there have been a lot of ups and downs. Our new coach, Coach Knause, is a great coach and brought in some new coaches and coaches from last year, and I think the culture at Trinity is going to change.”

“I have not been pleased at all. We are still hungry for wins and we played some games that I felt we should have won.”

“We have played ok at times, but not where we want to be at all. We shouldn’t have the record we do.”

“I think our team can improve on playing 100% at all times, and just wanting to win every down, and not giving up after a big play.”

“I think our keys to being successful are playing our game and not trying to be a type of [team] we aren’t, working harder in the off season, and to change how people look at Trinity football.”

Q&A with Carlisle defensive back Jeremiah Hargrove
“It’s been rough here and there with injuries slowing us down. We [had] a few losses to some very respectable good teams, but that just helps us with that next man up mentally. [We] just go harder every day in practice and into games.”

“Not as much as I thought with not being able to play with my brother, then losing some of the guys I’m closest with on the team due to the injuries, [and] then having a couple of losses. But I just go in with a mindset that the season isn’t over yet. The outcomes for me and my team are unlimited and I’m looking for that playoff push.”

“I feel we’ve played down our own abilities but that’s just something as a team we’re fixing which we have been. It’s leading us to a great outcome with a big win over CV and now going into the last two weeks of the regular season looking to win out.”

“Keeping our heads up after a bad play or being down in a game because that can tear any team apart.”

“Running and passing the ball effectively and executing blocks, making tackles and big plays and just continuing to play as a whole.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News