ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Cathedral Prep athlete Wakeem Page
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“[The] season is getting better, we have a really good team and we are getting closer to our end goal.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I've been pretty good but I’m pretty hard on myself and I always feel like I can be playing better than what I am.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We have played good, [there are] little things we have to get better at and we are. I love how everyone is working and trying to get better every day.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Small things like penalties and keeping each other up, which we are.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Keep getting better at the small things, taking coaching, and just coming out and competing every day.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Mars quarterback Eric Kasperowicz Jr.
“The season has been great, I transferred to a new school over the summer and I’ve felt very welcomed throughout everything.”

“Not exactly, I have my moments but it’s like a roller coaster. One game I play well, complete passes and do what I can to help the team, and sometimes I don’t play very well so I just got to focus on staying consistent.”

“I think my team has been playing well, especially coming off of a 2-8 season. Defense has been doing their thing all year and as for offense I think the O-Line, wide receivers and our running backs have been outstanding.”

“I think a good thing to improve on is teamwork and playing together as one big family. When something bad happens [we] just pick each other up, learn from your mistakes and move on.”

“We all need to be in sync. If everyone does their own job and plays for each other I think it will be pretty good.”

Q&A with Farrell quarterback Kabron Smith
“Everything’s been great, [we] took an early loss which made my team and I work harder.”

“Yes, but there is still more work to be done and there are areas where I can get better.”

“We played well in these past games.”

“Jumping on teams faster to get things going.”

“Working each day to better each other. Iron sharpens iron.”

Q&A with Loyalsock quarterback Tyler Gee
“Our team has played a tough schedule so far, and our injuries have unfortunately piled up due to that.”

“I feel I could play better to put our team in better situations at times, but it’s still early. We have not yet reached our full offensive potential.”

“I feel our team has been extremely tough, and our offensive line has been a huge key to our rushing and passing.”

“Our team can always keep pushing to get better every week at practice in everything we do.”

“Our team will have to battle adversity with a next man up mentality due to our injuries to get to where we want.”

Q&A with Manheim Township quarterback Hayden Johnson
“Football has been great this year, very fun. It does suck losing two very close games. Could very well be 5-0 right now, but it’s how we bounce back, finish 8-2 and have a 1-0 mentality each week.”

“I don’t think me as a player and a team should settle for 3-2 right now. There’s been some highlights and great plays but we have to finish.”

“Our team has played very well sometimes, and we also haven’t shown up. Our defense has been playing lights out these past few weeks, and our offense just needs to stay consistent and finish drives. Our line has greatly improved these past few weeks and we’ve gained some great depth at WR and RB.”

“We can improve on staying consistent.”

“We have great chemistry, like I said before too, we just have to finish. We have to play the full 48 minutes of a game and just go out there and ball out.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News