ADVERTISEMENT

Pa Football Talk Forum of the past

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Clicked on my user name and realised today that I have been a member since 2002. Where the hell does the time go? And thinking back over the last 20+ years, it makes me realize that I miss the posts and entertainment and expertise of guys like Buschman, Hausmann, Joe Kane, etc. There were some flat out hilarious people on this board back in the day. We even used to have a separate basketball board that was every bit as busy as the football board

Stalker, I think your the only guy that has been here longer

I've actually tried going back myself to find the older older posts. And like you, it only let's me go back to a certain point.

This may not be the exact reason, but I think at some point, this page/website changed hands or operators or whatever the term is. And i think it's possible that when the change occurred, the posts before the change were lost forever. Just a guess on my part

It changed over formats - you used to see entire threads and responses as separate headings on the main board. When they changed formats, they lost all of the old posts.

I’ve merely been on since 2010, still a rookie compared to some of you guys.
Born the same year Rover. I miss Caveman. He was a Prep guy but he made sense. Just like Tulla.

Rover, in terms of actual years on here you may be a "rookie", but as far as in depth knowledge and contribution, your a first ballot HOF

Reactions: lilromeo
Busch was one of the biggest shit talkers on here lol. But he knew his stuff. And always ended his post with a Cheers to everyone 🤣🤣🍻🍻

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Stalker and maybe Skinner, two of the all time greats on this board, as well as Relayer. Always great, fair information. Speaking of some past members, Liftheavy, never met him, but always on point with info on Central League football. BECA4ever, the Lehigh Valley's answer to Ridleybeef. And who can ever forget the great Blitz.

I believe Lift was the guy who would run the playoff prediction pool for the WHOLE board for a few years. Kept track of records and points. And that was when there were several dozen posters making predictions for all 4 classes statewide. Amazing. He also was the one who would name the All State team for posters a few times. And it was super in depth. 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams with little notes and anecdotes about every selection. He was the best and was always looking to meet people from the board at a bar that was near the game he was going to over a weekend

I believe Lift was the guy who would run the playoff prediction pool for the WHOLE board for a few years. Kept track of records and points. And that was when there were several dozen posters making predictions for all 4 classes statewide. Amazing. He also was the one who would name the All State team for posters a few times. And it was super in depth. 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams with little notes and anecdotes about every selection. He was the best and was always looking to meet people from the board at a bar that was near the game he was going to over a weekend
I believe it was Joe Kane who ran all the pools. Lift was great! We parked at his house 10 years ago when the US Open was at Merion. It was cool hanging out with him at 8am pounding beers!

1999 was my first year on this forum and we dove right into that CB-West Beca eastern final. There was a Beca poster who called himself "Hawkman". The dude was hilarious! Guys I grew up with on here with included shfoot, Ches-Mont (formally known as GOREDRAIDERS), Aragon, 16th & Georgetown, Stalker, Demodick, askinsfan, and '71SKINS.

Clicked on my user name and realised today that I have been a member since 2002. Where the hell does the time go? And thinking back over the last 20+ years, it makes me realize that I miss the posts and entertainment and expertise of guys like Buschman, Hausmann, Joe Kane, etc. There were some flat out hilarious people on this board back in the day. We even used to have a separate basketball board that was every bit as busy as the football board

Stalker, I think your the only guy that has been here longer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the board use to be called PAsportsfever with Blain. I've have been on here since 1997. Relayers' the man. Guys like Beef from Ridley, hitman66, 71skins and askinsfan from Neshaminy, Lift Heavy, how can we forget Blitz, Bluengold, Olmoondawg, RaidersRock15 and skinner who's still on here. Sammyk, I can't forget you, too. Lots of great memories.

I believe it was Joe Kane who ran all the pools. Lift was great! We parked at his house 10 years ago when the US Open was at Merion. It was cool hanging out with him at 8am pounding beers!

1999 was my first year on this forum and we dove right into that CB-West Beca eastern final. There was a Beca poster who called himself "Hawkman". The dude was hilarious! Guys I grew up with on here with included shfoot, Ches-Mont (formally known as GOREDRAIDERS), Aragon, 16th & Georgetown, Stalker, Demodick, askinsfan, and '71SKINS.
71SKINS?

Reactions: newport
Blitz (who graduated from Pennsbury in 1975) was over in Germany the whole time (I think he's still there). Somehow he got my office number in LA and called me and got through (not telling anyone who he was). He got my ear and went off with the craziest ass story claiming he was "looking" for a lawyer. He was a nut (I still cringe when I think of that call).

He also blocked a punt at The Ridge and returned it for a TD (man, I ended up hearing that story a few times).

And 71Skins had some health issues but I think he's still hanging tough.

There was another cat from up Easton/Allentown way (the name escapes me) who knew more about scholastic ball in that area then all the rest of us combined (maybe not Rover) -- Diamond Dan?? Was on here? We spoke once and he filled me in on some information on Allentown (as I recall) and those great teams they had in the '50s.

A lot of names and laughs and information over the years.

Blitz (who graduated from Pennsbury in 1975) was over in Germany the whole time (I think he's still there). Somehow he got my office number in LA and called me and got through (not telling anyone who he was). He got my ear and went off with the craziest ass story claiming he was "looking" for a lawyer. He was a nut (I still cringe when I think of that call).

He also blocked a punt at The Ridge and returned it for a TD (man, I ended up hearing that story a few times).

And 71Skins had some health issues but I think he's still hanging tough.

There was another cat from up Easton/Allentown way (the name escapes me) who knew more about scholastic ball in that area then all the rest of us combined (maybe not Rover) -- Diamond Dan?? Was on here? We spoke once and he filled me in on some information on Allentown (as I recall) and those great teams they had in the '50s.

A lot of names and laughs and information over the years.
Were you prior army?

I was not Army.

Blitz was an Air Force guy (as I recall) and I believe he was stationed over there, met some gal and got married and he ended up staying and doing something semi-military.

I was not Army.

Blitz was an Air Force guy (as I recall) and I believe he was stationed over there, met some gal and got married and he ended up staying and doing something semi-military.
Ok didnt mean to bust into your conversation but figured when he said he lived in Germany. I always like to thank the old vets that came before me and paved the way. I was army, joined in 98, and got out in 2006. One tour in Iraq was enough for me but thanks for your service.

Nice idea Newport. I almost don't want to mention names for fear of forgetting a few. Good list tho by the other guys. It was Blitz who came up with his All-Star Board teams that were hilarious. Back then we were knee deep in guys that had real information on specific teams and knowledge of the game. A couple women too. Shout out to Falconator.

I think my first post of substance was in 2008 when I did a review of the entire state, relayer responding with a level of shock that was funny. Shfoot and CAMoleskinner made it a little larger than I thought it might be getting the rankings posted on Havenfootball and Neshaminyfootball websites. Good guys who know their stuff.

Long time ago and I miss those guys. It's been fun. Alright Newport.

Nice idea Newport. I almost don't want to mention names for fear of forgetting a few. Good list tho by the other guys. It was Blitz who came up with his All-Star Board teams that were hilarious. Back then we were knee deep in guys that had real information on specific teams and knowledge of the game. A couple women too. Shout out to Falconator.

I think my first post of substance was in 2008 when I did a review of the entire state, relayer responding with a level of shock that was funny. Shfoot and CAMoleskinner made it a little larger than I thought it might be getting the rankings posted on Havenfootball and Neshaminyfootball websites. Good guys who know their stuff.

Long time ago and I miss those guys. It's been fun. Alright Newport.
Appreciate the comments Stalk.

Reactions: Stalker
good stuff- glad to hear about previous and current folks- "awoken the Cuckolder" lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT