ADVERTISEMENT

North Allegheny vs Pine Richland

WpialHSFB

Nov 30, 2010
Should be a great game and the game of the week in the Wpial. Thoughts on the game?

Should be a great game and the game of the week in the Wpial. Thoughts on the game?
I dont pretend to know the West ,but I do know I gained a lot of respect for the Pine-Richland coach from last years performance particularly in the state final, so with that and knowing they have a solid Qb again and Anthony Battaglia returning I hope they get the win.

I think its going to come down to if PR can contain NA's power running game and get off the field. Last year, NA had a couple long drives that took time off the clock and kept PR's offense off the field. On offense, I think PR has just hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of that they can have the potential to do. Obviously, a big drop off in skill from last year, but having a legitimate home run running threat at QB changes the dynamic of defenses.

Also, the #1 thing that people overlook about PR's offense is the tempo. Big guys from opposing teams get tired, and all of a sudden, PR breaks a big one up the middle, or their is zero pass rush and they start throwing downfield. So, if PR can hang in their early, they have a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if NA got off to a 1 or two score lead - but see if PR can close it by halftime and make the game a 4 quarter one.

In any case, PR will need to score at least 35 to win IMO.

I think its going to come down to if PR can contain NA's power running game and get off the field. Last year, NA had a couple long drives that took time off the clock and kept PR's offense off the field. On offense, I think PR has just hit the tip of the iceberg in terms of that they can have the potential to do. Obviously, a big drop off in skill from last year, but having a legitimate home run running threat at QB changes the dynamic of defenses.

Also, the #1 thing that people overlook about PR's offense is the tempo. Big guys from opposing teams get tired, and all of a sudden, PR breaks a big one up the middle, or their is zero pass rush and they start throwing downfield. So, if PR can hang in their early, they have a shot. I wouldn't be surprised if NA got off to a 1 or two score lead - but see if PR can close it by halftime and make the game a 4 quarter one.

In any case, PR will need to score at least 35 to win IMO.

I think you are spot on in your take. If I had to pick, I'd probably go with NA being that the downside of uptempo against a good D can leave your defense on the field a very long time - especially against a run heavy team. That said, the QB showed some wheels last week, which makes them that much more difficult to scheme against. If PR wins games like this one, it will say a lot about this team, and the potential over the next 2 years.

Right, if PR can manage all that beef up front, Ceniceros 6-0 305, Wallace 6-3 270, Lugg 6-7 209, etc, etc....and good point if can wear down. I like the emotion of PR home before a big crowd with NA's first road (new Qb) on hostile turf. I like those dynamics. And the other side of NA getting any kind of a lead is flipping that, putting NA in a hole, early. Coach K will likely come out swinging!

NA ran for about 60 yards. Only real "play" was a bomb. PR couldn't cover it for some reason. NA's 3 TO's in red zone killed them. Very good showing by the D tho against a massive (but possibly overrated) offensive line of NA.

None of that really matter a lot tho - the story of the game was the play of Jurkovec at QB and PR's offense. Wow. Play after play after play. He may already be best QB in WPIAL and that offense will be hard to contain. And they are younger than I thought. 3 of the 4 TD's and 2 of the 3 picks were by sophomores.

Kasperowicz is building something at PR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT