ADVERTISEMENT

La Salle

Given what we know( or dont know) about both Lasalle and Npenn-if NPenn wins is this really an upset?

Big Big Big difference from Inter-AC to LaSalle's schedule, not only for transfers, but for OC. I'm sure they are all working hard and will improve/gel as season moves on...Bottom line is Gordons are gone, and after 35 years coaching at LS, JS deserves a shot, defense has been light last few years, but he coached many great D's as well. Tough to replace the Gordons, but time to look to the future, whatever that holds starting Friday night! Best of luck to all the players and coaches as they start the John Steinmetz era.... And to all teams good luck and stay healthy!!!!

Reactions: LPtown and yesman3
Only time will tell but if the last two weeks are any indication I am spot on. LS was worse yesterday than they were the week before. Don't lose sight of my culture comment, things have changed and it will impact wins/losses. He are things I've heard from more than a few people - intensity in practice is way down, attention to detail is gone and players/asst coaches are already questioning new OC's philosophy.

They will split with Roman/Judge and get one win out of NP, Pennsbury and Malvern. Maybe they win a playoff game for the 3rd. Take a breath cause this next comment is going to hurt:

Dematha and Wood will be 30 point losses. These were very tough gms last year for Dematha and Wood. Both of those games were shootouts in which neither team could handle LS's offense. That won't be the case this year and LS's D will be exposed just like last year.

Prep will be 40 pt loss if LS is lucky. Imagine what Gabe will be able to do when he doesn't have to prepare for the gordons.

I agree the regular season is irrelevant but until someone proves they can challenge the Prep the playoffs are irrelevant as well.

If I'm wrong I will be the first one to get back on this site and admit it but I doubt that will be the case.

It's been awful quiet!

LaSalle's six NL games are difficult. I can't say for sure that they win any of them, but the only I'm counting as a definite loss is DeMatha. My gut is that they are at least slight favorites vs NP & PSB. Malvern looked good the other day, but I'm not sure how talented that St. Rita's team is. Wood will be tough and McDonogh is usually pretty good.

On paper, LaSalle will be stronger than both Roman & Judge. I think that's two wins there and then another in PCL 4A semis. So, there's three. I just think it's very unlikely they don't win any other games. A basement type year for them should be no worse than 5-6 or 6-5,

Looking back some solid analysis here. Good job, Huck :)

Reactions: LPtown
JB and faithful..

Judge will be at "full strength"(?) for this tilt, even the LS boys stated in "Rally" print after last game this would be a totally different affair. Should be a good game, we'll see..

btw.... Huck, that's why we respect your opinion, it's always well grounded. (see above)

Last edited:
Simon Gratz...

Huck, who we all respect, speaks highly of this team. Big, athletic and believes this is the best Public League representative since GW '08. That's high praise..
Never seen them play but we best be prepared for a war with these boys, won't be easy..

I'm sure JS and Dom won't take them lightly, will need the same intensity brought to the PCL final.

Hey Everyone, new to this thread but I felt inclined to have my son make me an account after watching a lot of the La Salle games this year. I am very impressed by a couple of players on this team. Nick Rinella looks like he will be a great college player. He is all over the field and always finds himself in the right spots. The other guy is Chris Ferguson, who I didn't see much of last year as a backup but this kid looks like he has all the potential in the world. Not only do I think he would flourish in a pro style offense in college but I think he can make it to the next level after that. The arm strength and accuracy must force the coaching staff to throw the ball all the way to states. I'm not sure what colleges are looking at him but I am excited to watch his career grow.

Hey Everyone, new to this thread but I felt inclined to have my son make me an account after watching a lot of the La Salle games this year. I am very impressed by a couple of players on this team. Nick Rinella looks like he will be a great college player. He is all over the field and always finds himself in the right spots. The other guy is Chris Ferguson, who I didn't see much of last year as a backup but this kid looks like he has all the potential in the world. Not only do I think he would flourish in a pro style offense in college but I think he can make it to the next level after that. The arm strength and accuracy must force the coaching staff to throw the ball all the way to states. I'm not sure what colleges are looking at him but I am excited to watch his career grow.

I wouldn't put Ferguson in the National Football League yet but I think he really came on in the PCL title game. That impressed me the most even after he took that wicked hit in the first half and bounced back. Rinella to me is a true "lunch bucket' guy. He always seems to stay out of the limelight, then he makes a big play and just goes on to the next play. He would undoubtedly be my team MVP at this point. The kid does whatever is needed and does not complain.

I wouldn't put Ferguson in the National Football League yet but I think he really came on in the PCL title game. That impressed me the most even after he took that wicked hit in the first half and bounced back. Rinella to me is a true "lunch bucket' guy. He always seems to stay out of the limelight, then he makes a big play and just goes on to the next play. He would undoubtedly be my team MVP at this point. The kid does whatever is needed and does not complain.

Chris is a tough kid; he's been through alot this season, has hung in there and made it to the other side. There's alot to be said for that and he's to be congratulated! The difficulty in recruiting is that he really has little junior year film to share; handing off in mop up duty isn't an in demand skill with recruiters. So, he's pretty much an undiscovered gem for some program.

One thing, Chris learned a great deal about playing the position from his previous OC. I think that will serve him well in the future.

Reactions: kitwor
If you look at the skill sets you want in a quarterback, Ferguson seems to have it all. I haven't seen many high school quarterbacks with that sort of arm strength. It is a shame he only got mop up duty last year but the kid obviously knows how to win and how to make clutch throws...things you can't teach. On top of all that he has made some off that charts throws in terms of arm strength and accuracy. It would be great to see them throw the ball more over the middle to Rinella and #13. Maybe some quick slants and deep slants. Sy madden has also been a heck of a kid to watch this year. Great strength and balance. If La Salle has any chance to advance in states they will need to lean on ferguson and throwing more to the middle of the field. Those quick out screens are not working, the three wide receiver set is too far off the line and its too obvious how much it's run. Parkland plays tight coverage and it won't work against them. Not that it has worked against anyone though.

Last edited:
Chris is a tough kid; he's been through alot this season, has hung in there and made it to the other side. There's alot to be said for that and he's to be congratulated! The difficulty in recruiting is that he really has little junior year film to share; handing off in mop up duty isn't an in demand skill with recruiters. So, he's pretty much an undiscovered gem for some program.

One thing, Chris learned a great deal about playing the position from his previous OC. I think that will serve him well in the future.
Ferguson comes from tough stock. I knew his father well and remember him playing at McDevitt as an All-Catholic DE. He can throw with the best of them and wouldn't be surprised if he is the difference maker in next weeks parkland game. I hope the Explorers take it to Hershey.

Amen to those bubble screens.. Don't work well when DB's are playing tight as I imagine Parkland will be. Hope RD dials up a few screens or Rinella on a drag, love that kid in space! Agree Ferg has the arm strength and accuracy to exploit middle of field, including the TE. Still have to get open to take advantage.
This team despite the returning lineman and some wonderful skill players seems to lag in getting in sync with RD and his new offensive system, can't deny the pleasure of how these boys have performed the last several weeks. Don't want to underappreciate the defense either, they've been fantastic. We'll see..

Congrats to Coach Steinmetz and D'Adonna on their D12 triumph, men with real class!....and to the entire coaching staff for all their continued efforts. Seeing De-Jock, Mike and Kieran coming back and helping out the rest of our dedicated coaches has been a real blessing.

Last edited:
If you look at the skill sets you want in a quarterback, Ferguson seems to have it all. I haven't seen many high school quarterbacks with that sort of arm strength. It is a shame he only got mop up duty last year but the kid obviously knows how to win and how to make clutch throws...things you can't teach. On top of all that he has made some off that charts throws in terms of arm strength and accuracy. It would be great to see them throw the ball more over the middle to Rinella and #13. Maybe some quick slants and deep slants. Sy madden has also been a heck of a kid to watch this year. Great strength and balance. If La Salle has any chance to advance in states they will need to lean on ferguson and throwing more to the middle of the field. Those quick out screens are not working, the three wife recipe we set is too far off the line and its too obvious how much it's run.

The Sean Coleman / Jimmy Herron slant seems to have been retired from LS' playbook. Assuming there still is a playbook. Shame; not like they don't have kids willing to go over the middle and get the ball and in HS it's usually a very successful play.

PS ... I just wanted to get Coleman and Herron in the same post; mission accomplished.

The Sean Coleman / Jimmy Herron slant seems to have been retired from LS' playbook. Assuming there still is a playbook. Shame; not like they don't have kids willing to go over the middle and get the ball and in HS it's usually a very successful play.

PS ... I just wanted to get Coleman and Herron in the same post; mission accomplished.

Then it's time to get it un-retired!

JC will be proud JB! Watch for the Seanmeister to light it up this year for Harvard Lax, will be in town when they play Penn this year.

The first big slant catch was Forster's as the game winner in the 2009 PCL final win.

at the 1:10 mark

If the coach and offensive coordinator would actually call plays that fit the skill set then they could go all the way. When they got the ball this week on the first drive after a turnover on Gratz 40 yard line they ran the ball 3 times in a row I almost threw up...it's a joke. Does anyone know what clown is calling the plays like this?

If the coach and offensive coordinator would actually call plays that fit the skill set then they could go all the way. When they got the ball this week on the first drive after a turnover on Gratz 40 yard line they ran the ball 3 times in a row I almost threw up...it's a joke. Does anyone know what clown is calling the plays like this?

I can assure you that many LaSalle fans have been asking about the offensive play calling. No real answers. One of the most troubling off season moves. That is certainly the Achilles heal right now. But a good problem to have as other can help as the Prep game plan showed.

Was on lunch break, came across Silary article on 'Tep "assistant" Brett Gordon. How it saddens me to write that..
It was my understanding through attendants that BG and Albie were in the coaching box head-phoned for the McD game.

Life goes on, right..

I imagine DG is not displeased with what JS, Dom and returning staff have been able to construct this season, a trip to States after 2 year absence. His presence on our far end-sideline was telling but odd?

Was on lunch break, came across Silary article on 'Tep "assistant" Brett Gordon. How it saddens me to write that..
It was my understanding through attendants that BG and Albie were in the coaching box head-phoned for the McD game.

Life goes on, right..

I imagine DG is not displeased with what JS, Dom and returning staff have been able to construct this season, a trip to States after 2 year absence. His presence on our far end-sideline was telling but odd?

Time to move on from the Gordons.

Best of luck to them and all the D12 teams still in competition.

Message edited for clarity.

Last edited:
He never went near parents when he was coach nor the tailgates. I'm thinking he was wishing it was him on the sidelines. But that's in the past. Good luck to Steinmetz and "his boys"!!

Did you mean Albie or did you mean the Imhotep game. You have Albie/BG at the McD game; once again, you're confusing yourself. BG is a consultant to Imhotep and Albie; why would he not actively participate on gameday?

Not sure what the issue is here; a son helping his Dad out is to be commended so I would not find it odd to see BG at a McD game if it didn't conflict with his Imhotep responsibilities. As for Drew, he worked with these men at LS for years and I'm sure is quite friendly with some if not all. Is he supposed to not speak to anyone now? Ridiculous.

Drew attended many LS games this year not just the SJP game; personally, with the low profile he kept at every game (never went near parents, never went near the sideline, never went near a tailgate) I believe he attended simply to "see his boys" play. Don't forget, he fully expected to be coaching them this year. I was impressed that he'd go out of his way to see them when he's already got the McD schedule to attend to. Do I find it odd to see him at a LS game? No, personally, I believe it says a lot about Drew and his allegiance to "his boys" if my take on things is correct. Of course, I'm known to be wrong at times.

It's time some LS people stopped the obsession with the Gordons; Drew is coaching at his alma mater and Brett is doing his own thing. Do we all wish the past had turned out differently? Sure, but life goes on. Who knows, maybe one day Brett will help out his alma mater too (not that he hasn't already).

Best of luck to both Gordons and the McD and LS teams next weekend.

Not disparaging to Drew, just seems "odd" only b/c used to seeing him in charge on our sidelines for so many years.

I thought you mentioned to me AC in the box at the McD game, just thought that was peculiar, IMO..

Am I obsessing about the Gordons? Lord hope I'm not, have much more important things to deal with during the day.

Be well..

Let's just hope this coaching staff doesn't embarrass themselves with the same play calling and delay in getting the calls to the offense that they have been. Defense needs to remain stout!

Doyle and steinmetz should be ashamed of themselves, that was a horrific game. Those kids played their hearts out and the refs did everything they could to take it away from them. On top of the the LaSalle coaching staff looks like they have no clue what they are doing. No balls in OT

They may have had no balls, but at least we have LPtowns "crashing the party" video to watch the rest of the year. Time to ask "wha wha what happened?" Seems like Parklands defense exposed us! Didn't seem to have that same will and determination yesterday. We'll have to get over it! Fun while it lasted. Hail Lasalle! As I roll down Utopia hill..... Beautiful F beautiful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT