ADVERTISEMENT

Imhotep

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
The player college commits this year at Imhotep is amazing . Albie and his staff should be proud . I'm hoping that The Tep ramps up their schedule this year to reflect the talent the school has. The 60 point wins get monotonous .

People want to rip this guy, and I'm not a fan of the open boundary schools playing the pubs, but he has kids committing to Vanderbilt-I don't think they're relaxing the entrance requirements at Vandy. Just playing the percentages I would assume he would have 3 or 4 possible non-qualifiers. They have close to 15 (maybe more?) D-1 commitments. Give hte guy credit, he works to get his kids into school. A few prominent West alums I know well thought highly of him during his time at West.

The player college commits this year at Imhotep is amazing . Albie and his staff should be proud . I'm hoping that The Tep ramps up their schedule this year to reflect the talent the school has. The 60 point wins get monotonous .

Wow, they moved all the way up to 4A. If one looks at the 4A field, they will continue to win by 60 points. The only competition in the whole state is ECP, and we saw how that worked out. Thank you PIAA, you are worse than Gary Bettman.

Reactions: fritzbleich
Amen Relayer, Imhotep needs to ramp the schedule up if they want respect. Their schedule is a weak with little interference even at 4A unless Beca, ACC step it up. McDevitt and Cathedral are on the same level (with each other) but between Charter Schools, Private schools and the terrible job the PIAA did with the new classifications, Pennsylvania has become a glimmer of what it once was and far from the stature it recently held. Gives great impetus to soccer tho!

When you look at the few schools who can give ICS a game, you're talking private schools exclusively and that's a sad commentary on HS football in PA. Competitive football that most of us grew up with is over in this state and others.

Why do we even talk about rankings or playoffs when they are a foregone conclusion in January.

Reactions: fritzbleich
The kid going to Vandy started out at WC (2 years) and was 4th ranked student at WC before he even got to Imhotep.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Vanderbilt, great school. Congratulations to the kid. Can someone take us through the process of the kid transferring from west to Imhotep? If tep is a charter school and it's a "lottery" to get in how can one be so sure you'll win the "lottery" when transferring? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it happened to fluck as he has been poaching talent from others for years, but I'm curious how transfers to a charter school that people are lined up trying to get in to works. Sure seems like the more talent you have the bigger your lottery ball is.

Amen Relayer, Imhotep needs to ramp the schedule up if they want respect. Their schedule is a weak with little interference even at 4A unless Beca, ACC step it up. McDevitt and Cathedral are on the same level (with each other) but between Charter Schools, Private schools and the terrible job the PIAA did with the new classifications, Pennsylvania has become a glimmer of what it once was and far from the stature it recently held. Gives great impetus to soccer tho!

When you look at the few schools who can give ICS a game, you're talking private schools exclusively and that's a sad commentary on HS football in PA. Competitive football that most of us grew up with is over in this state and others.

Why do we even talk about rankings or playoffs when they are a foregone conclusion in January.
I'm sure Tep would have no problem scheduling any team in the area, nobody wants to play them.

I believe IC has gone thru a takeover (On administration end) as part of them getting their charter for another 5-years. So, it's my understanding that it won't be as easy to get in as a transfer. Or, at least as easy as it was. In the past, make no mistake, if you excelled at sports you moved right to the top of the line. They pride themselves on having excellent sports' programs.

And no one was poached in this case.

"4th is good don't get me wrong." Really?? Well thanks for your appreciation. Very opinionated statements!!

Since when was anything on this board not an opinion? Are we talking facts here? If that's the case, the fact is that the kid is smarter than the the 396 kids in the building. That's a great accomplishment for him.

Fact: Catholic School Education is not very challenging
Fact: The kid plays football, therefore he got into TEP.
Fact: High School sports are ruining the attitudes and boosting the egos of it's participants.
Fact: Most of these kids will not play in the NFL.
Fact: When they reach a decent college program, they will get coddled much like they did at a catholic or charter school, which would in turn create more issues for future success (we are talking the real world here not football)

I don't have an issue with any of these schools. I do have an issue with anyone who is involved with allowing sports to be the driving force for where these kids attend school.

Since when was anything on this board not an opinion? Are we talking facts here? If that's the case, the fact is that the kid is smarter than the the 396 kids in the building. That's a great accomplishment for him.

Fact: Catholic School Education is not very challenging
Fact: The kid plays football, therefore he got into TEP.
Fact: High School sports are ruining the attitudes and boosting the egos of it's participants.
Fact: Most of these kids will not play in the NFL.
Fact: When they reach a decent college program, they will get coddled much like they did at a catholic or charter school, which would in turn create more issues for future success (we are talking the real world here not football)

I don't have an issue with any of these schools. I do have an issue with anyone who is involved with allowing sports to be the driving force for where these kids attend school.

"Fact: Catholic school is not very challenging."
First you say it's all about opinions and then you say "FACT". Where did you get your fact from on this subject?
Fact: The kid plays football, therefore he got into TEP. And you KNOW this because??
Fact: High school sports are ruining attitudes of it's participants. I see them as being uplifted by the experience. Why would you participate if it's tearing you down. And please don't say peer pressure!
Fact: When they reach a decent college program, they will get coddled...." How did it become a decent college program if they coddle? I'm talking about the program, not campus life.
The only real fact you stated was that most of these kids will not play in the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxychknpoxy
You started this argument saying I was opinionated. So I entered facts. I get my facts on this subject from experience. I have seen both settings. It's a fact.

And Paul please read the entire context of the post. You're reading all the buzz words but not the whole thing. Perhaps Catholic school didn't teach you to read the body of the paragraph.

No argument. Just want to know where you get your facts. So you have seen both settings? To what extent. Did you follow these examples you speak of from grade school, high school, college with a corresponding example from the "other side"?? Just trying to gain how and where you got your facts. I think I read the entire context of the post (by the way you can't read context, you can understand context!)

The fact is you have no facts. Just opinions. And you're right, that's what this board is all about.

Paul that post was very opinionated!

Not really. Most of that post was a question. Where and how did you get your facts. I guess I could pull the same passive aggressive BS you pulled and say "I guess public school didn't teach you the difference between a question and an opinion". But I won't.

Stop it. Your experience is from one side of it. There are millions of examples from both sides. Some kids would be crushed by public and flourish in Catholic and vice versa! Just one little side note though. You do have to take an entrance exam for privates. You can argue all you want but it is part of the equation and challenge.

I am not an expert in Catholic schools I just spent one year in a Catholic school in the 5th grade. I am also not an expert on how good schools are in SEPA but in Western PA schools like Mt. Lebonan, North Allegheny, Upper St. Clair, Peters Township, Bethel Park, North Hills, South Fayette, Fox Chapel are on par with Pitt CC, Seton LaSalle, as far as education goes

Last edited:

I should let sleeping dogs lie but I have to know how you can say that is a fact. Please don't say you've seen it from both sides. Tell me or show me the study, with a preponderance of proof, that allows you to make such a statement. No more conversation or discussion. You made a claim that you say is fact. How so? And if not, then it is just your opinion.

Last edited:
I'm a retired educator from the public school system. I have taught at 4 public schools throughout my tenure as well as being an administrator.

Currently, I am working as a Catholic school teacher in the Philly area. For the last 3 years I have had the chance to compare the two through a teachers eyes. I also experienced both as a student.

Public school is held to a higher standard. The state requires each school to follow the PA and National Standards of education. Data is collected to determine the amount of aid a school may get from the state. Teachers are observed routinely and are assessed based off of student accomplishment (DATA).

As long as a kid is paying tuition at a catholic school, the school is going to make it near impossible for them to fail out. I have seen students, who play a sport, do absolutely nothing in class that move on to the next grade. This would never happen at a public school.

It's a fact.

Whiz that is a blanket statement you are making, and we all know your experience may be your fact, but you can't say that is everywhere. Your frustration is duly noted.

I'm a retired educator from the public school system. I have taught at 4 public schools throughout my tenure as well as being an administrator.

Currently, I am working as a Catholic school teacher in the Philly area. For the last 3 years I have had the chance to compare the two through a teachers eyes. I also experienced both as a student.

Public school is held to a higher standard. The state requires each school to follow the PA and National Standards of education. Data is collected to determine the amount of aid a school may get from the state. Teachers are observed routinely and are assessed based off of student accomplishment (DATA).

As long as a kid is paying tuition at a catholic school, the school is going to make it near impossible for them to fail out. I have seen students, who play a sport, do absolutely nothing in class that move on to the next grade. This would never happen at a public school.

It's a fact.
Fact:
- Catholic Schools send a higher percentage of students to college
- Catholic Schools get more merit based college scholarship money per student than public schools
Sorry teach - these are all facts - Public schools are the ones that pass kids along so they look good on their standardized test.
Public schools also spend over 1/3 of the academic year training their kids to do well on those same standardized tests.
What a waste of an academic year.....I don't no why anyone would send their kids to a public school!
but, I accept your "Thank You" for funding your school system (and your salary) even though I chose to educate my children privately!

It's a fact.

This never happens in the publics?! Yo Prof, you wanna sit down there for a second. And by the way the National Standards of education of these here United States is no model to go judging other methods by!!

I'm sure Tep would have no problem scheduling any team in the area, nobody wants to play them.
I ehar you DId you check EasternFootball? I'm sure there re more

I hear you. Have they tried getting out of this area where more than a few teams actually have a pair....knowing they stand a good chance of losing? Try the Eastern Football site that used to show open weeks-teams (probably done that) and the top programs in D3 and D7.
Florida teams are often looking for games, especially the big boys but also others looking to make a name. Some offer travel-cash assistance, a far cry from those wussing out of tough comp. Imagine that!

I hear you. Have they tried getting out of this area where more than a few teams actually have a pair....knowing they stand a good chance of losing? Try the Eastern Football site that used to show open weeks-teams (probably done that) and the top programs in D3 and D7.
Florida teams are often looking for games, especially the big boys but also others looking to make a name. Some offer travel-cash assistance, a far cry from those wussing out of tough comp. Imagine that!
I would like a Tep vs. any of the North Jersey Catholic League teams or DeMatha . I believe those would be very competitive contests. The N, Jersey group always seem to be looking for a game.

Congrats the Tep kids and the other kids moving on to play college football after earning a scholarship. Amazing that the adults can't give the kids their moment instead of making everything an argument.

This argument over which is better is just asinine between you guys. Sure PA as a whole received that grade but some of the suburban public schools of Philly are the best in the country so throwing them in there with all PUBLIC schools is unfair. Some catholic schools are outstanding too, but some absolutely suck. It's a pissing match that neither side will win, but by all means continue to piss.

This argument over which is better is just asinine between you guys. Sure PA as a whole received that grade but some of the suburban public schools of Philly are the best in the country so throwing them in there with all PUBLIC schools is unfair. Some catholic schools are outstanding too, but some absolutely suck. It's a pissing match that neither side will win, but by all means continue to piss.

Reactions: paul from philly

Don't like people saying "Fact" when there clearly is no fact. In keeping with the theme, it pisses me off!!

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Delco is right though. While good natured jabs, and some good old fashion begrudgery has always been ok...to denigrate one or the other has no place. I have always thought this area to be above that. Just saw it and threw it out there to bust a chop. No place for that kind of arguing. We all know what is what.

Reactions: exr001

I'm sure money here would be an issue. I know they played Trinty in Kentucky as well in Ohio, but not sure how they financed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT