ADVERTISEMENT

Easton-Phillipsburg

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Easton put together a really nice opening drive for a touchdown.

Missed the extra point.

Phillipsburg has scored 34 straight.

Not a surprise between a 3-7 team and a 9-2 team that played for a sectional championship. But yikes. Phillipsburg running back John Warga (6’1 255 - state 7th at heavyweight last year) has just kind of bowling balled his way through the game. Has to be close to 200 yards.

47-12 Phillipsburg final. Most points the Liners have ever scored in the rivalry. They finish 10-2 and win back-to-back Turkey Day games for the first time since 2002 and 2003

Wow. But a great tradition. Glad it's still going strong and that it's played regardless of other playoff considerations. They have nothing like that in 3 and always wished they did.
Ok, back to Detroit-Green Bay. Grudgingly!

Jersey finished up their playoffs last weekend - P’Burg lost in finals, and Easton is a ways away from making a playoff run again.

Although, for as ugly as it was for Easton. Their starters today were:
QB - sophomore
RB - sophomore
WR - junior
WR - junior
WR - senior
TE - freshman
LT - sophomore
LG - junior
C - sophomore
RG - sophomore
RT - senior
Their running back who was slated to be their best player is a junior and broke his foot in week 2, ending his season

DE - sophomore
DT - sophomore
DT - senior
DE - junior
LB - junior
LB - junior
LB - freshman
DB - senior
DB - senior
DB - junior
DB - junior

Senneca took everything down to the studs, personnel wise. Either going to reap the benefits of playing so many young kids the next two year. Or they just stink. Time will tell.

Jersey finished up their playoffs last weekend - P’Burg lost in finals, and Easton is a ways away from making a playoff run again.

Although, for as ugly as it was for Easton. Their starters today were:
QB - sophomore
RB - sophomore
WR - junior
WR - junior
WR - senior
TE - freshman
LT - sophomore
LG - junior
C - sophomore
RG - sophomore
RT - senior
Their running back who was slated to be their best player is a junior and broke his foot in week 2, ending his season

DE - sophomore
DT - sophomore
DT - senior
DE - junior
LB - junior
LB - junior
LB - freshman
DB - senior
DB - senior
DB - junior
DB - junior

Senneca took everything down to the studs, personnel wise. Either going to reap the benefits of playing so many young kids the next two year. Or they just stink. Time will tell.
It often pays painful benefits the following year. Some of us would like seeing Easton back in the game and there's no reason they shouldn't be that I know of. Ditto for a few teams here in D1 that have also gone South.
Need you guys to step up now that you have a schedule that allows you to get out of town and show off!

I understand the youth factor, but shouldn't that youth play better as the year goes on? Easton's worst two games were the last two, both mercy rule blowouts to end the season. Rover knows much better than myself, but maybe Easton isn't getting the talent they had 10 years ago. I never get to see them play anymore, but have watch the last two Turkey Day games, and wasn't too impressed with the product on the field. The hiring of Senneca was a head scratcher for me. He really hasn't done that well with his past opportunities as a head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT