ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Wood leads Imhotep 28-8 at the Half

First time seeing DJ Moore play, and in a game full of D1 talent, i personally think hes the best player on the field. I also dont think its even as close as 28-8. Albie had me scratching my head going for it so early on 4th down. I guess he was trying to seize the early momentum and it completely backfired. Can ANYBODY in the West give Wood a game?

Yes, there are multiple teams West of Archbishop Wood that can beat them. Unfortunately, that is only West by Geography and they are still a part of the Philadelphia Catholic League. :p

Re: End of 3 - Archbishop Wood 42-20 over Imhotep

For those that recall, there was a very controversial decision made for a pivotal position in the beginning of the year at Wood. Had that decision been different, I'm not sure the results of that game are the same.

Lohin for Wood had a monster game on both sides of ball. Somewhat of an unsung player who played big in the big game.

This was one of the best Pennsylvania High school football game's I ever witnessed in my 40, some years of watching. Always being a PCL guy I found myself really pulling for Imhotep to win this game.

One major thing was that Tyliek Raynor not suiting for the game. Raynor not playing for Imhotep is like McClenton not playing for Wood. Moore was by far the best player on the field (and maybe all of Philly) and he really made Wood's back seven look slow when he got around the edge. Waters and Raynor are going to be one of the best backfield tandems in all of Pa next year along with their mostly underclass offensive line. Dreuiit-Parks did an outstanding job against the Wood pass rush and made many positive plays out of potential loses.

Wood's entire offensive line is so technically sound and a major reason why they should be favored at Hershey.And although Russo was obviously their best option at QB this year, I'm still not sold on them having to pass to be successful if they fall behind in any of their remaining playoff games.

Two very good coaches but Philly should take pride in having a coach (Crosby) make a conscious choice to move up from AA and do everything in his power to compete (and almost overtake) one of the better high school football program's in the country and finally give Philly a rare competitive city title game.

Either of these two team's are capable of winning a AAA state title.

This post was edited on 11/23 5:20 AM by kitwor

This post was edited on 11/23 5:23 AM by kitwor

This post was edited on 11/23 5:27 AM by kitwor

This post was edited on 11/23 5:30 AM by kitwor

This post was edited on 11/23 5:31 AM by kitwor

Re jewelry

Anyone else notice the Imhotep QB wearing a flashy gold necklace during the game ? This is a clear violation of PIAA rules , although probably a stupid rule in general. I've seen bball players and track runners DQ forbthevsame jewelry rule. It was plain as day on TV, not sure how anyone missed it at the game. Most fair and knowledgable officials would simply get in the kids ear and discreetly tell him to take it off. But other hard ass officials may not be as lenient.

Re: Re jewelry

Raynor is a similar type player as McClenton, as both are very fast, shifty, and go the distance at any time, but I'm not sure it's exactly the same as Wood not playing without McClenton. Imhotep is fortunate to have a kid like Waters to carry the load in Raynor's absence. Waters had experience and is seasoned talent. If Wood were without McClenton then I'm fairly certain that a player not of Waters' talents (At this stage) would replace him.

One thing I do know is that IC is a better team with Raynor playing and a better team with both Raynor/Waters able to contribute. Not having Taybor didn't help matters for IC. It was a significant loss.

Very good game. Two quality teams. I enjoyed it tremendously.

Imhotep was missing their running back, so what!
WOOD had six starters who didn't practice all week.
Got therapy everyday last week and were probably at 60-70% but they played.
It's week 13 of the season not week 1.
Teams are beat up battle tested and play with who ever is ready to play.

I guess we're supposed draw a conclusion that if Raynor played, Imhotep would've won?

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaph it! Good season for Imhotep - They still have a lot of work to do!

I think the bigger question is 12 months later and the defense is still jumping off sides.
NO Discipline - Where's the coaching of the fundamentals. You can collect the fastest kids in the city,
but if you can't get them to a TEAM and learn simple basic football fundamentals, like watching the ball,
you still have a long way to go to win a State Championship.

How about every time a Wood RB was tackled and got up, an Imhotep player would pick up the ball and
run 10 yards down field like it was a fumble, NO delay of game call but Wood gets a procedure call on a
kneel down at the end of the game? I guess just to get some Comcast TV time?

Imhotep was fast but fast doesn't win Championships - TEAM concept and fundamentals!

No, I picked Wood to win by 8 points assuming all of the key players would play. What do you know. They won by 8. Good job, Huck.

The better team won. Both teams are very good.

Huck, pat yourself on the back while you're at it.

Sounds like a great game; sorry I missed it. GV does not have the talent top to bottom that IC has; I expect an easier game for Wood this week.

JB, just having a little fun with the Wood-will-blow-them-out contingency.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT