ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa

newport

Nov 22, 2002
Not sure if this was discussed previously on the board, but after Darelle Revis' induction into the HOF, the Quips now have the most former players/alumni (3) in the Pro Football HOF. Mike Ditka, Ty Law and of course Revis. Not too bad for a small town from Western Pa

Reactions: bucksftball
Not sure if this was discussed previously on the board, but after Darelle Revis' induction into the HOF, the Quips now have the most former players/alumni (3) in the Pro Football HOF. Mike Ditka, Ty Law and of course Revis. Not too bad for a small town from Western Pa
Pretty awesome newport, thanks. Are you a west guy? Looks like 4A is stacked out there (not in D3!), that they may have some serious comp. Cent Val among that group this weekend in one of the top games in the state maybe.

Reactions: newport
I am about as opposite of the Pittsburgh area geographically as you can get in Pa (Philly Burbs/District 1 area). Just a big fan of Pa HS football and love seeing stuff like that.

I also saw that up until a few years ago, there was more guys in the HOF from Pa High Schools than any other state in the country. Not sure if they still hold that title but I believe the number of guys in the HOF from Pa was around 33 or 34 guys.

Even crazier is Aliquippa is a public single A school so it's amazing how much talent they produce.

Reactions: Stalker
I am about as opposite of the Pittsburgh area geographically as you can get in Pa (Philly Burbs/District 1 area). Just a big fan of Pa HS football and love seeing stuff like that.

I also saw that up until a few years ago, there was more guys in the HOF from Pa High Schools than any other state in the country. Not sure if they still hold that title but I believe the number of guys in the HOF from Pa was around 33 or 34 guys.
Me too, Philly burbs by way of Harrisburg. And I imagine the # from Pa has to decrease as our pop does same and Fla, Tex, Cal et al continue growing or maintain similar numbers (Cal).
Pa hasn't lost so much as other areas have surged. I have relatives in Florida that were in the cattle industry (central Fla) almost from its inception, and others who more recently moved from the east coast (gold coast) saying it's too crowded, which is one of the reasons people moved there in the first place; getting away from crowded areas! Things definitely change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT