Conference 2
1. Mt. Lebanon
2. Bethel Park
3. Norwin
4. Hempfield
5. Canon McMillen
6. Peters Township
7. Altoona

It would be a safe bet to plan that the next two WPIAL 6A champs come out of conference 1. On top of that, hearing that Pine-Richland may be playing St. Edwards out of Ohio (back to back large school champs) and Central Catholic may be going to California to play Bosco. Murderers row.

Reactions: pcc64 and lilromeo
Yea this changes things a ton in the WPIAL. I agree Conf 1 is where the big boys are at but where is really gets interesting is 5A in the WPIAL. With Woodland Hills McKeesport,North Hills, Upper St. Clair, ect that is loaded

On top of that, hearing that Pine-Richland may be playing St. Edwards out of Ohio (back to back large school champs) and Central Catholic may be going to California to play Bosco. Murderers row.

Where did you hear this? Very interesting. I normally hear these types of games and haven't heard of these.

On top of that, hearing that Pine-Richland may be playing St. Edwards out of Ohio (back to back large school champs) and Central Catholic may be going to California to play Bosco. Murderers row.

Where did you hear this? Very interesting. I normally hear these types of games and haven't heard of these.

I heard about both of these on one of the other boards from both PR and PCC posters who I think are both pretty credible (pasportsboard). I also have heard about the PR-St. Eds game from folks in the community. The PR info was fairly recent. The PCC stuff was from a while back - December maybe?

I heard about both of these on one of the other boards from both PR and PCC posters who I think are both pretty credible (pasportsboard). I also have heard about the PR-St. Eds game from folks in the community. The PR info was fairly recent. The PCC stuff was from a while back - December maybe?

Got it, thanks. Reached out to some sources and have heard talks have occurred, but not much more at this point.

The one positive of the new 6A format is schedule flexibility finally that I know some WPIAL schools like Pitt CC are excited about.

Pine-Richland announced yesterday on twitter that they are opening with St. Edwards on 2016 and 2017. Their complete schedule is:

8/26: at St. Edwards (Ohio)
9/2: at Mt. Lebanon
9/9: Seneca Valley*
9/16: at Penn Hills*
9/23: Bethel Park
9/30: at Central Catholic*
10/7: at Peters Twp
10/14: Shaler*
10/21: at Butler*
10/28: North Allegheny*

* conference games

Interesting schedule with Weeks 1, 6, and 10 being biggest games. Also, Lebo, SV, PH, and Bethel should field respectable teams, with SV possibly being best of the bunch.

Congrats to PR for stepping up. I don't know why the PIAA can't think outside the box and consider giving extra points, bonus points....for playing teams like St. Ed's, STA, Don Bosco and others, allowing the super advantaged like IMG to fill out their schedule and the lesser teams to get extra credit. Seems like a win - win.

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
Week 0: From twitter

Pittsburgh Central Catholic playing Malvern
North Allegheny playing St. John's College Prep from DC

double header at NA

Anybody know anything about St. John and Malvern?

Last edited:
Malvern Prep had one loss last year, losing to LaSalle 21-14. Looking at last year's schedule and results, it looks like they are strong and have a lot returning. Should be a tough out for PPC.
St John College was 7-3 last year against some tough competition in a tough league. So I assume they will be good assuming they are not decimated by graduation.
Hopefully, they will be good games to watch. I live 5 minutes away from NA so God willing I will be there.

I would love to hear from the eastern guys who are in the know, what they think of Malvern prep. My take was based on a peak at their web sites so I really don't know much about these teams , first hand.

Junior to be QB Kevin Doyle returns, already has a Pitt offer, Senior to be QB Nick Maras returns as well, he started games. Doyle is better of the two. Allison O'Shaan and Zac Fernandez are 2 skill guys returning, both ran for over 100 yards against St. Joseph Prep in their win. Malvern also lost to Haverford School. They will be good, not sure of line situation. They have lost OC and DC, I'm told. New coaches always has an adjustment, so obviously need to see how that goes.

Pitt CC vs St Johns in DC
NA vs Malvern Prep

St. Johns has the backing of Under Armour founder Kevin Plank and they are putting together a national schedule this year. They must feel they have something special. Should be an interesting game.

Malvern is always solid. Nice win last year against SJP really helped their reputation. I believe the Nassib brothers played at Malvern.

Pitt CC vs St Johns in DC
NA vs Malvern Prep

St. Johns has the backing of Under Armour founder Kevin Plank and they are putting together a national schedule this year. They must feel they have something special. Should be an interesting game.

Malvern is always solid. Nice win last year against SJP really helped their reputation. I believe the Nassib brothers played at Malvern.
PCC/ Saint Johns IMO will be the better of the two games. St. Johns is a very solid program and two of their four losses last year were tp DeMatha. Malverns last year team was one of their better squads in years. They have a few very good skill players as mentioned before ,but they wont be near as big as last year and North Allegheny is a ground and pound team usually with big guys all around . I do hope Malvern can surprise .

North Alleghney no longer playing Malvern. Playing Olentagy Liberty from Ohio instead.

Harrisburg stepping up with McD playing DeMatha game 3 in the burg.

Any idea why ?

No. I just saw it on twitter.

Also, I saw that in addition to the NA-Olentangy and PCC-St. Johns games, Penn Hills is going to play some canadian prep school and McGuffy and Frazier (two really small schools) are going to play each other.

NA game is Friday, all other games Saturday at NA HS.

Reactions: lilromeo
Harrisburg stepping up with McD playing DeMatha game 3 in the burg.
I give McDevitt credit for scheduling this game ,but I will be surprised if they are competitive with DeMatha who is loaded again .

Yeah lilromeo, DeMatha is probably a mountain too high to climb. McDevitt is a heck of a program but few are at DeMatha’s level. Playing conference teams like SJC, Gonzaga and OLGC in the WCAC then scheduling non-conf teams like Miami Central, American Heritage and LaSalle....phew!
Having said that, McD has one of the most exciting quarterbacks in the state and a very strong core, especially on D returning. The great D1 receivers are gone but it’s McDevitt.
Right, I’m sure DeMatha is loaded. Truth be told they can graduate everyone and be stronger the following year with the talent they get. Been a few but always awesome to see. They are larger than most of the college teams in the state except Maryland, Navy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT