ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL 5A

aerogenes

Jan 31, 2021
WPIAL 5A loses 4 teams (Kiski, West Allegheny, Latrobe, Connellsville) and gains 4 teams (Hempfield, Norwin, Baldwin, Plum). I am working under the assumption that Aliquippa won't be forced to play in 5A, a concept which I consider insanity. They should win their appeal. Geographically these new teams should move easily into the existing conferences. Here is what makes sense to me:

Allegheny Six
Baldwin
Bethel Park
Moon
Peters Township
South Fayette
Upper St Clair

Big East
Franklin Regional
Gateway
Hempfield
Norwin
Penn-Trafford
Woodland Hills

Northeast
Fox Chapel
North Hills
Penn Hills
Pine-Richland
Plum
Shaler

Reactions: Stalker
Add Lebo and Cmac to Allegheny 6, NA and SV to Northeast, and PCC to Big East and it starts to look like old Quad A conferences which everybody loved.

I would like to see that because I don't see any 6A teams being world beaters the next couple of years. Good yes, but not completely dominating - think Mercy rule at halftime.

Add Lebo and Cmac to Allegheny 6, NA and SV to Northeast, and PCC to Big East and it starts to look like old Quad A conferences which everybody loved.

I would like to see that because I don't see any 6A teams being world beaters the next couple of years. Good yes, but not completely dominating - think Mercy rule at halftime.
wow that is hilarious and spot-on

Reactions: new2pa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT