ADVERTISEMENT

Wood

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Wood certainly moved the ball almost at will with many players scoring. Russo to Webb was as expected. I am just not sure of the level of competition they played against other than Allentown was in the South Jersey playoffs. I would be interested in your assessment particularly fbu82 if you still follow Wood. Thanks

Well, opening it up, as predicted over summer, certainly was evident. Different type of Wood team. More speed, finesse, wide open play, than the smash mouth you're used to. Yielded over 300 on ground on defense. It doesn't matter when you basically score every time you have it. Not sure how good Allentown was. Obviously, they were no match for Wood's speed on offense. Plethora of players can do damage, too.

Wood certainly moved the ball almost at will with many players scoring. Russo to Webb was as expected. I am just not sure of the level of competition they played against other than Allentown was in the South Jersey playoffs. I would be interested in your assessment particularly fbu82 if you still follow Wood. Thanks
What you see is what you'll get...
Think McNabb to Westbrook or Shurmer to Herron - That will be their running game!
The line is average at best and not that athletic.
They will not run over you but they will beat you in space with that bubble screen that they ran with J. Johnson and Webb!
The "D" is small but fast and will be the problem all year especially trying to get by the 6 pieces up front for TEP! A lot of 5' 10" 180 lbers on the "D" near the line of scrimmage!
That will be a shoot out but I think TEP will be way to big for the Wood "D" and will impose their will on Wood, the way Wood has imposed their will on opponents in the past! You live by the sword, you die by the sword!
This is the bottom of Wood's 2 year cycle of having soph's and Jr. contributing heavily.
They will be dominant in 2 years, similar to last year, with this year's team having the underclassman together for more than 1 year!

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
What you see is what you'll get...
Think McNabb to Westbrook or Shurmer to Herron - That will be their running game!
The line is average at best and not that athletic.
They will not run over you but they will beat you in space with that bubble screen that they ran with J. Johnson and Webb!
The "D" is small but fast and will be the problem all year especially trying to get by the 6 pieces up front for TEP! A lot of 5' 10" 180 lbers on the "D" near the line of scrimmage!
That will be a shoot out but I think TEP will be way to big for the Wood "D" and will impose their will on Wood, the way Wood has imposed their will on opponents in the past! You live by the sword, you die by the sword!
This is the bottom of Wood's 2 year cycle of having soph's and Jr. contributing heavily.
They will be dominant in 2 years, similar to last year, with this year's team having the underclassman together for more than 1 year!
I watched the game on tv so I was not certain of Woods line size ,but noted not very big even compared to Allentown. I am behind them but agree about the Tep and others with big lines. They have some good speed.

I watched the game on tv so I was not certain of Woods line size ,but noted not very big even compared to Allentown. I am behind them but agree about the Tep and others with big lines. They have some good speed.
The Allentown team is a "declining enrollment school" and even though they did win a watered down South Jersey Group championship, they are not very good. A lot of youth on Wood's team, combined with those light 175-180lb. bodies equals, a lotto points on the "D" this year!

The Allentown team is a "declining enrollment school" and even though they did win a watered down South Jersey Group championship, they are not very good. A lot of youth on Wood's team, combined with those light 175-180lb. bodies equals, a lotto points on the "D" this year!
Allentown is far from a "declining enrollment school". Cream Ridge is booming and enrollment is up probably 50% over the past 20-25 years. They actually have a pretty good program with a very well-run Pop Warner program across several weight classes.

Allentown is far from a "declining enrollment school". Cream Ridge is booming and enrollment is up probably 50% over the past 20-25 years. They actually have a pretty good program with a very well-run Pop Warner program across several weight classes.
The school has 1233 students in grades 9-12 - That's right 1233 STUDENTS - That means they had only 616.5 students 20-25 years ago, since their enrollment is NOW EXPLODING! (up 50%) Again 1233 students - declining enrollment school! small school. You tried to imply that they are North Penn - Small school declining enrollment! Who cares about Cream Ridge - Does your uncle live in cream ridge? who cares - the numbers do not lie, 1233 = small school not a growing school! Get your facts straight! Staaaaaap it!

Last edited:
The school has 1233 students in grades 9-12 - That's right 1233 STUDENTS - That means they had only 616.5 students 20-25 years ago, since their enrollment is NOW EXPLODING! (up 50%) Again 1233 students - declining enrollment school! small school. You tried to imply that they are North Penn - Small school declining enrollment! Who cares about Cream Ridge - Does your uncle live in cream ridge? who cares - the numbers do not lie, 1233 = small school not a growing school! Get your facts straight! Staaaaaap it!
FBU82, you might want to check your math on this one! If their enrollment were 616.5 students 20-25 years ago, a sum of 1,233 students today would be a 100% increase, not a 50% increase. Either way, I don't know how 50% or 100% growth could be "declining enrollment"! For the record, the 50% increase that I cited is derived from a base of about 800 students in the early to mid 1990's to the 1200+ number now. That's 50%! Let me know exactly what allowed you to come to the conclusion that I implied that they were North Penn.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
FBU82, you might want to check your math on this one! If their enrollment were 616.5 students 20-25 years ago, a sum of 1,233 students today would be a 100% increase, not a 50% increase. Either way, I don't know how 50% or 100% growth could be "declining enrollment"! For the record, the 50% increase that I cited is derived from a base of about 800 students in the early to mid 1990's to the 1200+ number now. That's 50%! Let me know exactly what allowed you to come to the conclusion that I implied that they were North Penn.
Math is not FBU82's strong point, IMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT