ADVERTISEMENT

Wood happenings ?

ramgreen

Oct 18, 2004
can anyone give us info on the name of the receiver Wood just got from Abington. Heard he was offered by PSU. Also, what happen w their QB Dooley who left for a another school ?

can anyone give us info on the name of the receiver Wood just got from Abington. Heard he was offered by PSU. Also, what happen w their QB Dooley who left for a another school ?
My brother went to the wood penn charter 7 on 7 he said Dooley wasn't the qb

My brother went to the wood penn charter 7 on 7 he said Dooley wasn't the qb
Do you have any information on who Woods QB will be this year. They are loaded with receivers, but may not have anyone that can get them the ball. Their schedule this year is just brutal. Who will run the show ????

Do you have any information on who Woods QB will be this year. They are loaded with receivers, but may not have anyone that can get them the ball. Their schedule this year is just brutal. Who will run the show ????
Idk who he was my brother didn't either I looked at pics on silary website all I seen he was stocky not tall qb heard Dooley went to chestnut hill idk how or if it's even true....wood was not impressed with Dooley obvious

Only WR Abington had was George Reid. He is a good high school wide receiver, but no way a PSU recruit. Ramgreen I think Reid didn't do much vs your Rams last year. I could see the kid going to Wood though given that Abington isn't talent rich this year.

Confirmed Dooley at judge

Only WR Abington had was George Reid. He is a good high school wide receiver, but no way a PSU recruit. Ramgreen I think Reid didn't do much vs your Rams last year. I could see the kid going to Wood though given that Abington isn't talent rich this year.
Its not Reid. This player is a Junior to be tight end that did well at a PSU camp and was offered that day. I just cant recall his name .

Four way battle for QB. All are decent, will be an interesting competition throughout the summer. Wood's team speed along with depth everywhere will be tough to match in 5A.

Four way battle for QB. All are decent, will be an interesting competition throughout the summer. Wood's team speed along with depth everywhere will be tough to match in 5A.
Thanks Georgetown, I didn't think Wood had any depth after Russo last year.

after further checking my source told me Dooley was the #1 QB but was not happy with other two QB's transfers that just arrived at Wood. One from East and one from Lasalle

That makes no sense for the transfers. Why would you go to another school when the assumed starter at your position is only going in to 10th grade? I don't know about the kid from East, but the kid from LaSalle is going in to 10th grade, as well. If you're looking for playing time wouldn't you go somewhere with more, or a better, opportunity?

For Any QB to leave LaSalle and is a mistake in my opinion.... Brett Gordon & Abrams are the best around for QB's, why would you not want them as your teachers. As for the (Ex)-LS QB he is a decent player Football/Baseball.

For Any QB to leave LaSalle and is a mistake in my opinion.... Brett Gordon & Abrams are the best around for QB's, why would you not want them as your teachers. As for the (Ex)-LS QB he is a decent player Football/Baseball.
I see Abrams going to help at prep next I don't think him and Gordon can work together not bc ones better than the other just won't work 2 different styles

Kyle Pitts came over from Abington he plays TE so that may be the mix up, but he currently holds about 5 offers. Temple and PSU included.

I see Abrams going to help at prep next I don't think him and Gordon can work together not bc ones better than the other just won't work 2 different styles
Perhaps you have more insight on this than most however why would Abrams leave LaSalle, where he teaches at, to go down to SJP?
Prep's OC is also their QB Coach as well....

I think SJP value their DB coach...... It's public that Abrams and the DB coach don't get alone. It's been that way for years. He'll never get in at SJP.

Any truth to the rumor that the Springfield Montco Teacher charged with sexual assault of students is a Wood Assistant Football Coach hired by Devlin?

Reactions: OwlRB09
Unfortunately yes he was a coach... offensive line i believe... also heard he was in legal trouble with apparently assaulting a 12 yr old boy during a touch football game... kinda weird that a 39 yr old would be playing touch football with 12 yr olds, but hey to each his own.... #rollvikes

Unfortunately yes he was a coach... offensive line i believe... also heard he was in legal trouble with apparently assaulting a 12 yr old boy during a touch football game... kinda weird that a 39 yr old would be playing touch football with 12 yr olds, but hey to each his own.... #rollvikes

Thanks for being honest. Enough of the sugar coating and hiding dirt under the rug! This site should be outraged about this situation. But a majority will post about kids and transfers while a sexual and violent child predator is ARRESTED and CHARGED for violating kids!!! If this was happening at a public/charter school it would be lit up like a X-Mas tree. Where's the voices for the kids and not against the kids here? The Wood school community and parents should be outraged but I'm sure the school internal administration has sent out letters to calm them. It's what sets the motion to more violations in the future. Devlin needs to address this situation and I'm surprised the media has dug deeper into the situation as the would have if it happened at another state championship inner city school. You all would have a field day with it as well.

It's been addressed. When discovered he was arrested and charged. Also, I doubt that he's still a member of the AW coaching staff.

I don't know this guy's side of the story, so he deserves his day in court, but unfortunately we live in the world where people do bad things. When these things are discovered the proper measures must be taken. It sounds like they have been. It's not AW's fault that a coach did something bad without them knowing. It could happen anywhere.

It's been addressed. When discovered he was arrested and charged. Also, I doubt that he's still a member of the AW coaching staff.

I don't know this guy's side of the story, so he deserves his day in court, but unfortunately we live in the world where people do bad things. When these things are discovered the proper measures must be taken. It sounds like they have been. It's not AW's fault that a coach did something bad without them knowing. It could happen anywhere.

It could happen anywhere. Fair enough but let's be really fair and honest about how quietly this was handled based on the location. If this was a Philadelphia Public School issue this site would have all sorts of fun berating the situation. The media
Would be all over it as well as if it doesn't happen elsewhere. They'd mention all association the perpetrator was involved and had contact with minors. I just notice how the story lacked his connection with coaching football at Wood. That's all. Unless you are in the coaching circles or community, this may appear as just an isolated incident.

Not sure it would have received much more play on this site if it were a Philly Public school situation. Two reasons why. One, the board just isn't that active anymore. Two, there are no shortage of Wood detractors out there. Meaning there are more people ready to jump on them than most, if not all, of the Philly Pun schools, IMO.

The story was covered in the Montgomery/Bucks area where it took place. It's probably more important that he was a teacher working in a school than an assistant coach at AW.

It could happen anywhere. Fair enough but let's be really fair and honest about how quietly this was handled based on the location. If this was a Philadelphia Public School issue this site would have all sorts of fun berating the situation. The media
Would be all over it as well as if it doesn't happen elsewhere. They'd mention all association the perpetrator was involved and had contact with minors. I just notice how the story lacked his connection with coaching football at Wood. That's all. Unless you are in the coaching circles or community, this may appear as just an isolated incident.
Owl don't you think that if this had "legs" it would've blew up a month ago with the arrest? He was already not coming back to Wood after the incident with the PUSH of the 12 year old boy while playing touch football! There was also an incident years ago with a headlock on a player at another school before he got to Wood! He was NOT going to be on this year's staff as of, end of last season! Sandusky? really! He has consensual sex with 2 different (15 year old) minor girls! It is against the law and he was arrested! Both the girls were actively involved in the "Relationship". HE thought it was exciting and THEY thought it was exciting! Lack of judgement ALL the way around! It was immoral and so inappropriate (disgusting) and against the LAW - He was arrested! Why don't you focus on your bottom dwelling team in Lower Bucks! Still sore about losing Alex and never getting Jarrett? You must really be out of the loop and disconnected if you're just finding out about ALL this NOW - 3 State Rings, Baby!

Last edited:
That's odd FBU, I had heard that the reason Dooley transferred was because the coach in question was overheard telling a parent he was bringing in another Qb that would beat Dooley out. Why would a coach be out recruiting future players if he knew he wasn't returning to the staff the following year?

Reactions: CYOBALL1
That's odd FBU, I had heard that the reason Dooley transferred was because the coach in question was overheard telling a parent he was bringing in another Qb that would beat Dooley out. Why would a coach be out recruiting future players if he knew he wasn't returning to the staff the following year?
You must have BIG EARS b/c you hear a lot. Wow that's sounds credible...Is that 4 persons removed or 5, from the actual 2 people having that conversation? Are you sure there wasn't an uncle or a mailman or a guy on the corner who then passed it along playing whisper down the lane? Why don't you just stick to sniffing jocks over at "Average Joe's prep"! That's what you're good at!
The only thing that is odd is you, prep nerd! 3 Rings Baby - Roll Vikes!
Oh I'm sorry - Hail to the Gold and Black - I forgot it's all about school colors (smile)
ps - It must be excruciating in this heat wearing that maroon sweater vest around all day!

As usual, when your wrong and know it you get all defensive. First, I'm not even involved with the Prep. I tell you that over and over again and you continually forget. Since you bring up the Prep, what is Devlin's record vs. Gabe before he bailed on the series. Wouldn't be surprised if this year makes it 0-3. Whisper that down the lane you senile old f.....!

As usual, when your wrong and know it you get all defensive. First, I'm not even involved with the Prep. I tell you that over and over again and you continually forget. Since you bring up the Prep, what is Devlin's record vs. Gabe before he bailed on the series. Wouldn't be surprised if this year makes it 0-3. Whisper that down the lane you senile old f.....!
You're just a bitter squat un-athletic bowl of goo who tried to get his little Johnny on the best team in PA over the past 8 years (Gold and Black) and Johnny was too slow and not tall enough to even garner a quick glance from the HC. So you regrouped took the IMPOSSIBLE entrance exam at the average joe's prep and scored 100! Now you just over pay for an above average education! 3 state rings baby - Roll Vikes! That average joe's prep roster is like a revolving door, players coming, players leaving, such chaos!
It's "OK" Dad your man crush for average joe's prep comes thru loud and clear! Ps, why don't you spend your time looking for a part time job and move the hell out of delco! for christ sakes, I can hear the planes landing in your living room! No matter what you do, your average joe's prep will always be the red headed step child to the gold and black
Your envy of the PROGRAM is quit hilarious! First catholic team from D12 to ever get to a state final and win 3 rings! You always remember you first! I think it's cute, the way you envy the PROGRAM! Gabe must also think so, since he finally has the PROGRAMS cheat sheet on how to WIN!
Now time for you to get in the last word.........prep nerd - sniff, sniff!

Wrong again you senile bastard! I tell you time and time again, I have no children. Attended an InterAc school and actually played a division one sport but you are correct not in nearly as good shape now but I'm trying. Speaking of being athletic, thank God your kid has talent and he has an opportunity to get away from an absolute 0 like yourself. I'm rooting for him in spite of you. I just hope you don't screw it up for him like you screwed up his opportunity to go to the Prep, his actual first choice. Your right though. Your sons safety school has 3 rings which apparently you wear so proudly for him! Great Job Super Dad.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Dad, you're small and weak - Never and I mean never get into a pissing match with a prostrate the size of a watermelon when I'm sporting a FULL bladder! You bore me, you are no match and I can feel your blood pressure about ready to pop! So sit back in your recliner and put on a Lifetime movie and take another pill! Like a kitten with a string!
OBTW - try not to use inappropriate language on here, ya know kids do read this......just saying! My kids love me, but thanks for your concern! Just yesterday (Monday) before we started back from the shore for another short week home, my kids told me what a GREAT dad I am! Other than golf, this is a little game I play to get insecure grown men to make fools of themselves.....and thank you for doing that for me! but continue to seek me out and take a counter point whenever I post! It makes me feel special! (smile)

Ok enough with that. Pretty sure from what I can see Wood has new qb's. After the first few days, how do they look? Sounds like the qb's are young, are they shaping up, and how does team look.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT