ADVERTISEMENT

William Tennent job

PABasketball

Dec 5, 2001
The head football opening at William Tennent HS has been re-posted. Apparently the administration wasn't too excited by their first pool of candidates.

Interesting note in the description is the posted salary. $8,034 per year is pennies for the amount of time and effort required.

https://centennialpa.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=462

This is another in a long line of "be careful what you wish fors".

Tennent ran out Biz Keeny. If you're a Panthers fan, who would you rather have right now? Keeny or Can't even fill the job?
Bensalem ran out Dan McShane. If you're an Owls fan, who would you rather have right now? McShane or Cubbage?
CBW ran out Brian Hensel. If you're a Bucks fan, who would you rather have right now? Hensel or Cathers?
Neshaminy ran out Mark Schmidt. If you're a Skins fan, who would you rather have right now? Schmidt or Frederick (Maybe?)?

It seems like a lot of these schools think the grass is greener. So far that doesn't appear to be the case.

You can also add Coates to that list. He was railroaded by the parents of CR-North and the administration caved.

Bad timing for original posting

Posted from 12/17 to 1/2.

I know a couple of local head coaches that didn't even know Rosenberger had resigned. I was convinced that they already had a plan. I was wrong.

Re: Bad timing for original posting

What local head coaches didn't know Rosenberger resigned? I would think most know and a few would be interested in him joining their staff. I am not sure. Will he be a fit with Dick Beck at North Penn or does he go to Emmaus with Cuthbert? Could he return to Pennridge as the defensive coordinator? I hear Hollenbach likes his DC, but who knows. I personally don't think Tennent has a plan. The AD who is doing the hiring is leaving in February. And a position in the building is not easy to get anymore. Rosenberger had a tough time getting assistants and had nobody on staff in the building so the job has to be very open especially given then reposted the job, meaning no desirable candidates applied.

Relayer,

Good point adding Coates, whom I think could possibly be a head coach again.

There's been a lot of talk that Tennant loses a ton to Wood but is that really the case? It just seems like there are a lot of kids who live within the confines of the Centennial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT