who do you predict will win state titles in 2022?

HSFB99

Oct 4, 2020
Steel, it’s clear you have the facts and he is throwing out random theories. I think you’ve settled this debate.

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
Ok here you go https://www.post-journal.com/news/l...warren-to-combine-high-school-football-teams/ I thought you said this wasn't allowed and against piaa rules? Youngsville did have a football team and decided to consolidate it with Warren because their numbers were down or is this reporter wrong as well. I know cmv has a team but this is what is happening. You don't have to live in the district to attend a votech school and guess who allows thier students to attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School. Bringing in the kids for SC sports. You are proving my point if Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School isn't in the same district as SC how are their students allowed to attend it. I'll tell you how, the votech is no boundaries . Steelcetain55 answer me this is SC students allowed to attend cmv and are they in separate districts?

Last edited:

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
Ok here you go https://www.post-journal.com/news/l...warren-to-combine-high-school-football-teams/ I thought you said this wasn't allowed and against piaa rules? Youngsville did have a football team and decided to consolidate it with Warren because their numbers were down or is this reporter wrong as well.

Ok here's the deal, for the 90th time...

Youngsville decided to drop football. They applied for a Co-Op with Warren and it was granted. At no point was Youngsville operating a football team while the Co-Op occurred with Warren.

You don't understand how co-ops work.

I know cmv has a team but this is what is happening. You don't have to live in the district to attend a votech school and guess who allows thier students to attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School. Bringing in the kids for SC sports. You are proving my point if Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School isn't in the same district as SC how are their students allowed to attend it. I'll tell you how, you don't have to live in the district to attend the votech. Steelcetain55 answer me this are SC students allowed to attend cmv?

Okay. Let me explain this for 99th time..

CMVT is a FULL TIME INDEPENDENT VOCATIONAL SCHOOL where students graduate with a diploma AND often a certificate. They are funded by 7 school districts in Columbia/Montour Counties.

If a student is granted admission from one of the sponsoring districts CMVT has the CO-OP to allow those full time students to play sports for THEM and THEM ONLY. Those students who attend cannot and have never played for their home districts much less Southern freaking Columbia.

Southern Columbia students attend CMVT and some play football for CMVT. But, none of them have played for Southern Columbia while attending CMTV. This is completely against the PIAA rules.

For you to believe that kids from Berwick or Danville go to CMVT and play football for Southern is completely ridiculous.

I've coached HS ball for 20 years in PA. I've coached and worked at both full-time and part-time vocational schools in the commonwealth. I know how this works.

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
Hausmann1978, you would be so disappointed if you ever walked the halls at Southern Middle School. Along their walls where they show the team picture for all of the undefeated junior high seasons, you'll see 99% of those same faces on the roster of the high school program.

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
Steel, it’s clear you have the facts and he is throwing out random theories. I think you’ve settled this debate.
He's one of many who've been spouting this theory. The first I heard of it is when Hynoski's crew completely embarrassed Elijah Fields and his Duquesne squad. It's just the West crying about Southern's dominance. They always look for an out to explain why Southern has been as consistently good as they have been. No one was crying when Southern couldn't beat Rochester.

Southern is the best program in PA because of commitment, talent, and continuous coaching.

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
He's one of many who've been spouting this theory. The first I heard of it is when Hynoski's crew completely embarrassed Elijah Fields and his Duquesne squad. It's just the West crying about Southern's dominance. They always look for an out to explain why Southern has been as consistently good as they have been. No one was crying when Southern couldn't beat Rochester.

Southern is the best program in PA because of commitment, talent, and continuous coaching.
You didn't answer my question. Am I correct that SC and Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School are in separate districts and SC students can attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical school? You know what that means no boundaries. It's funny how all these journalists are misinformed. For the 90th time since SC students can go to southern Columbia and attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School they are able to bring students in from other districts because they are attending the votech and still play for SC.

Last edited:

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
You didn't answer my question. Am I correct that SC and Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School are in separate districts and SC students can attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical school? You know what that means no boundaries.

Yes they are in separate school districts. Just like how York Tech is in the Dallastown Area School District but is funded by all of the York County School Districts. If you attend York Tech, you cannot play for Dallastown if you live in Dallastown nor can you play Dallastown if you live in York City, Shrewsbury, Red Lion, Spring Grove, Hanover, etc... Why? Because York Tech is a full time school with it's own sports teams.

It's funny how all these journalists are misinformed.
They are.
For the 90th time since SC students can go to southern Columbia and attend Columbia-Montour Area Vocational-Technical School they are able to bring students in from other districts because they are attending the votech and still play for SC.
^^^Explain this because this is a massive run-on sentence..

***You're saying that SC students can go to Southern Columbia and CMVT simultaneously - like half day at SC and half day at CMVT?

If you are suggesting that - you are incorrect. CMVT is a full-time school not a part-time vocational center like you find in 99% of the state centers. CMVT kids have a normal school schedule with all of the core courses and then they have their trades.

****Are you saying that some kid from Berwick can enroll at the Tech and somehow play sports at SC?

If you are suggesting this, you seriously confused how this process works. And, it's utterly false.

I showed you that you didn't know what you were talking about between Warren and Youngsville. You said "Youngsville allowed kids to play football at Warren and consolidate." Well, they never "consolidated" but they did sign an agreement allowing Warren to have the co-op with Youngsville. Read that again - WARREN was granted the CO-OP. They were granted the CO-OP because Youngsville no longer sponsored high school football. That is not a consolidation. A consolidation is when 2+ schools merger to form 1 school such as

***Show me where Southern Columbia has been granted a CO-OP with any school in football or wrestling. You won't find it because all of those 7 schools sponsors it's own football. And, in order for CMVT to have the CO-OP they must sponsor football in which they do.

At this point, you have to be trolling.

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
https://tribhssn.triblive.com/piaa-...ated-enrollment-numbers-to-fix-vo-tech-issue/

"Only 10% of students attending an alternative education option such as a vocational-technical school, cyber charter school or home school are counted toward a school’s total. Those students are typically eligible to play athletics at their home district, assuming the alternate school doesn’t offer athletics."

GUESS WHAT "ALTERNATE SCHOOL" OFFERS FOOTBALL IN COLUMBIA-MONTOUR COUNTIES?????????

200.gif

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
So anyway Haus and Steel, who do you think will win state titles? Some levity to start the week!

Hausmann1978

May 5, 2021
So anyway Haus and Steel, who do you think will win state titles? Some levity to start the week!
With that being said stalk I do think southern Columbia wins it all. I hope my prep ramblers brings home gold but I think 5A is the most competitive and they will have a tough road.

Reactions: Stalker

steelcurtain55.

May 6, 2017
Barring injuries -

I like these teams

1A - Steel High
2A - SC
3A - not sure, but I'm interested to see what BVA looks like.
4A - Quip
5A - not sure
6A - St Joe

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Haus I think 4A looks vicious! with the western mob, Quips, TJ, BVA, McKees and since I've been off on another aside with some civil war research I'm not as informed. But SCA and Erie Prep are always in the mix. Checking to see if BP is awake.
Steel, I like your list and candor. Who the hell knows.

6A; SJP-LaSalle, Harrisburg.
5A; Imhotep but had some serious losses. Unsure.
4A; As above (top) plus McDevitt for sure. Qb is awesome. We'll see after Imhotep, LaSalle games. If all is well with the lines, and it seems to be, this will be one of their strongest teams in years.
3A; Central Valley, Neumann G.
2A; Not as sold as you guys on SCA, haven't done Sto-Rox/Farrell homework or classifications check.
Remember Bishop Guilfoyle is 2A now with a returning, talented Qb and they always come to play.
1A; This is a hard one to not knee jerk Steelton going to JUCO with those guys. But we'll know after the opener with them and Bishop Canevin, another strong favorite, facing off in the opener in Chambersburg. Canevin is LOADED with athletes.

BradlyPitt

Jan 26, 2022
Barring injuries -

I like these teams

1A - Steel High
2A - SC
3A - not sure, but I'm interested to see what BVA looks like.
4A - Quip
5A - not sure
6A - St Joe
I think BVA will have an easy road through the WPIAL, they return Quinton Martin who is only a junior along with other kids that are a part of the Monessen All Star Team

they won't be as good as last year when they were number 1 in the state in 4A, and beat the 5A state champ by 20 points, but they are heavy favorites

also Central Valley and North Catholic were the two WPIAL finalists last year, they both moved up to 4A so I would be shocked if they don't at least win the WPIAL

BradlyPitt

Jan 26, 2022
Haus I think 4A looks vicious! with the western mob, Quips, TJ, BVA, McKees and since I've been off on another aside with some civil war research I'm not as informed. But SCA and Erie Prep are always in the mix. Checking to see if BP is awake.
Steel, I like your list and candor. Who the hell knows.

6A; SJP-LaSalle, Harrisburg.
5A; Imhotep but had some serious losses. Unsure.
4A; As above (top) plus McDevitt for sure. Qb is awesome. We'll see after Imhotep, LaSalle games. If all is well with the lines, and it seems to be, this will be one of their strongest teams in years.
3A; Central Valley, Neumann G.
2A; Not as sold as you guys on SCA, haven't done Sto-Rox/Farrell homework or classifications check.
Remember Bishop Guilfoyle is 2A now with a returning, talented Qb and they always come to play.
1A; This is a hard one to not knee jerk Steelton going to JUCO with those guys. But we'll know after the opener with them and Bishop Canevin, another strong favorite, facing off in the opener in Chambersburg. Canevin is LOADED with athletes.
Central Valley moved up to 4A

Latest posts