ADVERTISEMENT

where does this SJP team rank all time?

BradlyPitt

Jan 26, 2022
is this one of their better teams or middle of the pack?

what would the score be if they could play last years Mt. Lebanon team?

This is their second best team which also happens to be the second best PA team of all time. Best team of all time is 2020 SJP

Sorry but you’ll never convince me that 2004 PCC or late 90’s CBW would come close to the team I just watched last night

This is their second best team which also happens to be the second best PA team of all time. Best team of all time is 2020 SJP

Sorry but you’ll never convince me that 2004 PCC or late 90’s CBW would come close to the team I just watched last night
That st joe team last night was as complete a squad as I have seen as was their coaching.

Reactions: Bighead75

I don't know both teams beat some super talented teams

Central shut down Lesean Mccoy, he said he never got hit like that before

i really wish there was some way to get these teams to play each other

I don't know both teams beat some super talented teams

Central shut down Lesean Mccoy, he said he never got hit like that before

i really wish there was some way to get these teams to play each other
I really think SJP is on a different level than anything PA has seen. Heck SJP put up 37 points on 7th ranked in the country Florida power St. Thomas Aquinas

I saw a stat that SJP scored 35 in their first 16 offensive plays of the state title game. If true, that is absolutely ridiculous. I have no doubt they could have hung 70+ on Harrisburg if they kept starters in. Harrisburg really took it to state college as-well.

Scary part is their offense will be better next year

Last edited:
I really think SJP is on a different level than anything PA has seen. Heck SJP put up 37 points on 7th ranked in the country Florida power St. Thomas Aquinas

I saw a stat that SJP scored 35 in their first 16 offensive plays of the state title game. If true, that is absolutely ridiculous. I have no doubt they could have hung 70+ on Harrisburg if they kept starters in. Harrisburg really took it to state college as-well.

Scary part is their offense will be better next year
The big unknown to me is the o line next year. Their o line this year was a big part of their success imo

Reactions: Bighead75
Choice transfer means anyone can go anywhere?
Here is how it works in NC. You have a window every year to choose where you might want to go, if you can provide transportation you are good to go. Now this is a way to stop the spread of Charter schools. Now PA would have to adopt a county choice transfer policy. So let's use Bucks county as a model. Say the transfer period is this Feb. You are at CB East but there is a program(you at least have to make it support academics) at CB West that you want to get into you put in for "Choice" transfer poof you are good to go that next school year. Now as an educator this would be a great response to charter schools because you are giving the parents a choice and it would allow athletics to finally get on par with the Private schools. Could you imagine if this was going on for 5 years what a school might look like in Bucks county in football. Now if this does not happen St. Joes junior college will run SE PA until the cows come home. Long gone are the days where everyone plays by the same rules, if you are stuck in the past you will remain there. There is more than enough talent and coaching in SEPA to challenge St Joes you just have to make some adjustments

Here is how it works in NC. You have a window every year to choose where you might want to go, if you can provide transportation you are good to go. Now this is a way to stop the spread of Charter schools. Now PA would have to adopt a county choice transfer policy. So let's use Bucks county as a model. Say the transfer period is this Feb. You are at CB East but there is a program(you at least have to make it support academics) at CB West that you want to get into you put in for "Choice" transfer poof you are good to go that next school year. Now as an educator this would be a great response to charter schools because you are giving the parents a choice and it would allow athletics to finally get on par with the Private schools. Could you imagine if this was going on for 5 years what a school might look like in Bucks county in football. Now if this does not happen St. Joes junior college will run SE PA until the cows come home. Long gone are the days where everyone plays by thee same rules, if you are stuck in the past you will remain there. There is more than enough talent and coaching in SEPA to challenge St Joes you just have to make some adjustments
Agreed the bigger public schools out east haven't been relevant since 2008. Weird that's the same year the pcl joined. It was never an issues before 2008 in pa either. Something needs done in athletics. You aren't doing these student athletes any favors.

Here is how it works in NC. You have a window every year to choose where you might want to go, if you can provide transportation you are good to go. Now this is a way to stop the spread of Charter schools. Now PA would have to adopt a county choice transfer policy. So let's use Bucks county as a model. Say the transfer period is this Feb. You are at CB East but there is a program(you at least have to make it support academics) at CB West that you want to get into you put in for "Choice" transfer poof you are good to go that next school year. Now as an educator this would be a great response to charter schools because you are giving the parents a choice and it would allow athletics to finally get on par with the Private schools. Could you imagine if this was going on for 5 years what a school might look like in Bucks county in football. Now if this does not happen St. Joes junior college will run SE PA until the cows come home. Long gone are the days where everyone plays by the same rules, if you are stuck in the past you will remain there. There is more than enough talent and coaching in SEPA to challenge St Joes you just have to make some adjustments
That helps public schools. What about the 30 or so SE schools that’s already operating like SJP?

Agreed the bigger public schools out east haven't been relevant since 2008. Weird that's the same year the pcl joined. It was never an issues before 2008 in pa either. Something needs done in athletics. You aren't doing these student athletes any favors.
So imagine if you will a world where CB West , North Penn, Neshaminy were relevant again

That helps public schools. What about the 30 or so SE schools that’s already operating like SJP?
This now puts everyone on a much more level playing field. With Choice it allows schools to keep up witht he the other schools , So now its up the coaches to sell their program attract kids and grind.

This now puts everyone on a much more level playing field. So now its up the coaches to sell their program attract kids and grind.
That’s how it is now. The PcL red and blue is open playing field. Coaches have to sell their programs. Of course it’s an easy sell for sjp but others have the same policy.

That’s how it is now. The PcL red and blue is open playing field. Coaches have to sell their programs. Of course it’s an easy sell for sjp but others have the same policy.
This would allow the public schools to do the same thing. Now you can keep more of your kids and reduce charter schools

That’s not true. North Penn took the super team of sjp with swift to the wire. Souderton almost knocked McCords team off in the semis. Coatesville with Ortega at the helm was good. Granted not all of the schools are good every year but they’ve had some really good public schools in district 1 over the years. Garnet is undefeated every yr.

This would allow the public schools to do the same thing. Now you can keep more of your kids and reduce charter schools
You think schools like north Penn and cb west are losing children to schools in the city? I’m pretty sure there’s no children from those areas going to Imhotep. North Penn competes with lansdale catholic I think it’s fair to say north Penn wins that area. Cb west/east competes with wood as of this yr I believe cb wins that area.

That’s not true. North Penn took the super team of sjp with swift to the wire. Souderton almost knocked McCords team off in the semis. Coatesville with Ortega at the helm was good. Granted not all of the schools are good every year but they’ve had some really good public schools in district 1 over the years. Garnet is undefeated every yr.
Look the SOL is not relevant for a long long time.

A school like 2016 north penn comes along once in a decade for them. That's every year for prep and souderton was never close in that game. SJP was up 52-7 and put all thier back ups in. Souderton put up some really late scores to make it look closer then it was. A public school out east will never knock off prep and history has proven that.

You think schools like north Penn and cb west are losing children to schools in the city? I’m pretty sure there’s no children from those areas going to Imhotep. North Penn competes with lansdale catholic I think it’s fair to say north Penn wins that area. Cb west/east competes with wood as of this yr I believe cb wins that area.
No allow the schools to compete for the same kids. Let CB West compete for the kids from CB East ect. Keep it within the county lines

A school like 2016 north penn comes along once in a decade for them. That's every year for prep and souderton was never close in that game. SJP was up 52-7 and put all thier back ups in. Souderton put up some really late scores to make it look closer then it was. A public school out east will never knock off prep and history has proven that.
thing is 2016 was 6 years ago

Upper Dublin showed this year the effect of transfers at an already solid program... where are they this year without all the Hatboro-Horsham kids who transferred as a group before their sophomore year? Then throw in a 6'6" DE this year plus another top athlete from Philly and you have a state semifinalist.

Reactions: lilromeo and sammyk
No allow the schools to compete for the same kids. Let CB West compete for the kids from CB East ect. Keep it within the county lines
Yeah I dont know the answer but pcl is able to load thier teams, cherry picking the talent, and it's killing the schools out east. They came up with the success formula but what does that do to prep at 6A?

CBs lose mainly to LaSalle and the Interac. Less to Wood going forward as you said, but that's just an assumption. During the Wood glory days the CBs lost generational players like Russo and Cooper to Wood.

Yeah I dont know the answer but pcl is able to load thier teams, cherry picking the talent, and it's killing the schools out east. They came up with the success formula but what does that do to prep at 6A?
Allow schools in the PIAA to have choice transfer that will help a ton

Wrong again.

2008--George Washington (PPL champ) beat LaSalle in D12 championship game
2009--LaSalle wins competitive game against D1 champion and very close game against D11 champion
2010-2012: Three epic games between LaSalle and North Penn, with North Penn winning the last.
2013: Very close game between SJP and Neshaminy. Fairly close game between SJP and Parkland
2014: SJP blows out Pennsbury but barely beats Parkland
2015: LaSalle beats SJP and then loses to Parkland
2016: SJP has narrow win over NP
2017: SJP wins narrowly against Coatesville before losing to PR
2018: Coatesville is upset by Harrisburg in state semifinal. SJP wins big against Harrisburg in state final
2019: SJP has last-second win against PCC. (D1 loses to D3 champ in other semifinal.)
2020: Covid year. SJP beats Souderton--close score but only because SJP pulled starters when way ahead.
2021: SJP routs GV and loses to ML

So to say "the bigger public schools out east haven't been relevant since 2008" is plainly wrong.

Reactions: paul from philly
Let me guess northeast didn’t have a chance to win the yr McCord went down and they was up 2 scores on prep fresh out the gate?

CBs lose mainly to LaSalle and the Interac. Less to Wood going forward as you said, but that's just an assumption. During the Wood glory days the CBs lost generational players like Russo and Cooper to Wood.
Coopers brother is at West as you know. Woods run I believe may be over . The administration is different than it was when Devlin was there. I hope the new staff can pull it together ,but have my doubts at this time,

Let me guess northeast didn’t have a chance to win the yr McCord went down and they was up 2 scores on prep fresh out the gate?
Idk about that game but the souderton game wasn't what the score indicated prep had that game won by the half. Score was 52-7 https://www.inquirer.com/high-schoo...ass-6a-souderton-20201121.html?outputType=amp

ADVERTISEMENT