ADVERTISEMENT

What about that Confederate Flag?

I think it was an extremely bad move by Democratic Governor Ernest Hollings to fly the confederate flag, and I think it was a great move by Republican Governor Nikki Haley to take the flag down. How many liberals have any idea of the history behind this issue? Now before the misinformed liberals want to comment that Hollings was from a "different era of democrats", keep in mind that he served in the senate until about 2005, again as a democrat.

Living here in North Carolina the people who fly that flag ( which by the way means nothing to,me either way ) vote republican

Realize what you just said. You do seem to be an intelligent person Sammy. "(which by the way means nothing to me either way)" That's exactly how most of the country feels. It means nothing to them. Yet, the liberal press wants to muddy the waters again with a non issue. Let's talk about the Washington Redskins. Why? Because we want to know how you FEEL about it. F@ck feel, give me jobs!!!!

Survey after survey says nothing close to a majority of Native Americans care about the use of terms like Redskins any more than Scandinavians care about using the term Vikings.
Closer to home my mother is Chahta (Choctaw), her mother being full and always thought it amusing terms like Indians, Redskins, Chiefs, Warriors, Braves, etc, offended anyone. While proud of her ancestry as dad was of his Welsh background, we were all raised as Americans, boring as that sounds. She would hear nothing of....part this, part that or fixating on any lineage other than American. Kind of cool, no tribes. Ha!

The flag issue really is a non issue, that side lost back in 1865. I understand the "Southern Heritage" issue but reall who has any idea what your ancestors were doing in 1865 and who cares. I am sure there are better things to talk about like pensions and the evil people who get them.

Pensions are not evil in and of themselves. They are evil when put in the hands of idiots for contract bargaining. Sammy, I am all for paying people for the work they do and when done and retired, the slate is clean, no more pensions.

Yea the 40k I will get is breaking the states bank hahahaha. Anyway I will take the Republican view on pensions, anyone on them should be shot on site

I don't know your contract's financing, but it's not the 40K that hurts. It's the % of that plus bennies for life that hurt. And if that is not your deal, than I apologize.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT