ADVERTISEMENT

West Catholic question

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
What's going on at WC? I was reviewing games prepping for Steel High's playoffs viewing parts of WC vs Episcopal. Steel High played WC early. Couldn't help notice EA had more players on the sidelines than WC suited up. I didn't know the numbers problem (?) was that severe. Did I misread that?
(Viewing film of Steel High's opponents)

Last edited:
I don't have any inside information, but part of the reason has to be the ongoing enrolment problem WC has. They can put together an excellent basketball team because you only need a handful of guys but football is different. I also wonder if the ambitions of Roman and N-G are having an effect on WC.

I think they hired their head coach pretty late. I also think they are in a difficult spot. West Philly kids are going to Imhotep, NG, and Roman. Malvern is also making some waves in West Philly.

Reactions: Stalker
Ok thanks. I was leaning that way too, that others are drawing off players. There is a considerable amount of legit comp out there so it's understandable. I remember the strong teams Coach Fluck put out there. The good ole days....not that long ago.

Did anyone notice this 1-9 West Catholic team has advanced to the round of 16 in 2A of the state tournament? As I said in another thread, going to 6 classes was a mistake and has watered everything down.

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT