ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 predictions?

district1elite

Nov 3, 2017
Looking at the 6A master schedule these games stood out to me. Of course I’m missing a lot of games... feel free to add predictions. (Don’t hold me accountable for these scores)

** Game of the week

Neshaminy 25 North Penn 21
Pennridge 28 Delaware Valley 24
Downingtown West 28 Perk Valley 14
CB South 21 Spring-Ford 9
Garnet Valley 17 Unionville 14
Archbishop Wood 35 McDonogh 24 (blind guess here I haven’t any knowledge on McDonogh)
Hatboro Horsham 21 CB West 20
** IMG Academy 41 Pine Richland 21
LaSalle 31 Imhotep Charter 17

My upset of the week:
Northeast HS 24 Abington 13

Last edited:
Looking at the 6A master schedule these games stood out to me. Of course I’m missing a lot of games... feel free to add predictions. (Don’t hold me accountable for these scores)

** Game of the week

Archbishop Wood 35 McDonogh 24 (blind guess here I haven’t any knowledge on McDonogh)

My upset of the week:

I’d flip D-West at Perk Val (10-2) who is loaded with essentially the same team that skunked them last year. Only Pennridge beat them (twice), and while Whippets seem well stocked with vets, I think it more a “wait and see” scenario for them especially on road against a team I think will win the PAC-Liberty, at least in my book.

Oh lord Stalk..that's a bad early season match up for Lasalle. They will need an early learning curve and that is a rough one to hop out of the gate with.

A few observations...
I’ll take NP over Neshaminy - I trust Beck. This will definitely be the game I attend and I’m sure it will be a packed house!

GV and Unionville is another great match-up. Two of the top coaches in SEPA (Ricci and Clark). There aren’t many guys who do more with less. I like the GV machine.

I believe LaSalle graduated lots of talent and Imhotep returns a lot of talent. I’ll take Tep big.

Is it August 24th yet???

Here we go...

Neshaminy 31 North Penn 17
Delaware Valley 28 Pennridge 20
Perk Valley 35 DT West 24
Spring-Ford 21 CB South 20
Garnet Valley 27 Unionville 17
Archbishop Wood 28 McDonogh 21
CB West 21Hatboro Horsham 20
IMG Academy 38 Pine Richland 20
Imhotep Charter 21 LasSalle 13
Abington 20 Northeast HS 17

Reactions: lilromeo
Coming off 1 of North Penns worst defensive teams in years and opening up against Brody McAndrew to Oleh Manzyk/Cory Joyce connection, Beck better be vintage D. Beck and keep Neshaminys offense off the field!

Reactions: Soup13
HS- GV typically fields a roster of 110 + with a 2 platoon system rarely seen at this level. While they are well coached, their resources are second to none. I would hardly say they are "doing it with less".

Oh lord Stalk..that's a bad early season match up for Lasalle. They will need an early learning curve and that is a rough one to hop out of the gate with.

Amen to “Oh Lord” 6Days! 31-17 LS over Imhotep was a bold pick by Elite. But for sure, I’d put that one in the “flip” category with D-West at PV. Some guys on the board weighed in a few weeks ago on how much LS lost and ICS is ICS. I’m with HSFball taking Tep BIG.

Speed, GV hasn’t had a two platoon system for a few years now. They have great resources, but is there talent on par with NP, Coatesville, Neshaminy, etc.? I’d say, on average, their talent isn’t close to the others. Yet, they get great results year after year.

GV is always a surprise come playoff time. Nesh fans can attest to that.

Yeah agree...

TEP 42 LS 21 never close, ls lost too much to graduation and didn;t make much noise with 18 or so senior starters finishing 3rd in red division again. Plus OC gone, Harrison to Prep and WR lost to acl...could be a long season, but that is becoming the normal in Wyndmoor

CBW 28 HH 14
West has some talent and should be 2-3 score winners here.

NP 35 Nesh 21
Beck will figure out nesh lost all lineman and does not have the size to reload, and even with manzyk and company winning jump balls, NP should have the size to man handle Nesh on both fronts. Pennsbury figure it out in second meeting last year and that was against a solid experienced Nesh line.

NE 35 Ghosts 7
Rumors are true NE got a lot of quality transfer and is ready to be a solid pub team at 6A, liek we have not seen in a while. OC from NG.

GV rolls over UV

IMG 48 PR 14
Just too much for PR without Phil et al.

Wood 31 McDonogh 21
Both McDonogh and Wood beat lasalle very handily last year and both have new coaches. McDonogh has D1 DT, WR,and RB/SS and very solid winning tradition. Wood has an extremely good senior class that has a lot of experience in big games and their own D1 guys. Look for Blackstone to be next Wood RB and a lot more balance post Devlin.

DTW 28 PV 21
Pennridge 21 DV 14

Reactions: Stalker
I am just finding out now Marvin Harrison Jr left Lasalle for SJP... ouch.

I’m gonna stick with my pic but I can see Imhotep gettin after it... I think Lasalle if not early on in the season will end up a tough outing for anybody. Boasting a 7-4 record but still ending up a top 10 6A team in 17.

There’s always new plugs who we’ve never heard about getting their shot now alas either maturing or a senior leaving. There will be breakout stars and Neshaminy is that type of ball. Have to say same with Lasalle.

I was not impressed with Perk Valley last year in terms of being a legit contender. Very well coached but let’s face it..., I think the whole district was spoiled with Sterm and Jaworski in 2016. Some serious ballers... perk valley does not have a “stud.” those 2 losses 2 Pennridge weren’t just losses... they got man handled in all aspects 25-0 and 29-0. and coatesville, GV, North Penn, Pennsbury etc would do the same.

Dtown west
Dtown east
Then pennridge to start the schedule? Lol

Last edited:
I was not impressed with Perk Valley last year in terms of being a legit contender. Very well coached but let’s face it..., I think the whole district was spoiled with Sterm and Jaworski in 2016. Some serious ballers... perk valley does not have a “stud.” those 2 losses 2 Pennridge weren’t just losses... they got man handled in all aspects 25-0 and 29-0. and coatesville, GV, North Penn, Pennsbury etc would do the same.

Dtown west
Dtown east
Then pennridge to start the schedule? Lol
Are you aware DWest got manhandled themselves last year by Perk Val 38-0.

Reactions: ChesmontLeague1
Will be a very down year for Lasalle.I've said it before that they lose a lot and the guys they have returning don't jump out at you. The red division 2nd place spot is up for grabs. Same with Wood. It'll come down to coaching for that 2nd spot, because everyone is really rebuilding this year besides prep.

Wood not in a rebuilding year yet, lasalle should watch out for Judge or Roman again for 3rd place. Wood returns a lot of exprience and key positions that have played tough NJ, FLA, OH teams as well as Prep.

Also, look for Truman to build on what they did last year.

Stroudsburg over Allentown Central Catholic
Bethlehem Catholic over Dieruff
Liberty over Pleasant Valley
Freedom over East Stroudsburg North
Nazareth over Pocono Mountain East
Parkland over Northampton
Easton over Pocono Mountain West
Whitehall over East Stroudsburg South
Emmaus over Allen

Crossover week sucks. Once upon a time, we'd be seeing Liberty-State College, Easton-Pennsbury, Parkland-Harrisburg, Whitehall-Spring Ford, etc. The week 2 picks will be more fun. I'd only expect Stroudsburg-ACC and Nazareth-PME (the Rob Melosky Bowl) to be close.

Smaller Classifications
Schuylkill Haven over Jim Thorpe
Blue Mountain over Muhlenberg
Notre Dame (GP) over Northwestern Lehigh
Palisades over Palmerton
Hazleton over Pottsville
Southern Lehigh over Saucon Valley
Wilson over Northern Lehigh

There are some good games in this set, highlighted by Southern Lehigh and Saucon Valley, who are two of the best programs in the Colonial League. Northwestern Lehigh also is getting some preseason buzz, but Notre Dame should be really good.

Gv over Unionville
Interboro over SH
IMG was ranked #3 in the country last yr. Yah, I know, ranking don't mean sh.. They've got key players. IMG over PR

Neshaminy 21 North Penn 20
Delaware Valley 20 Pennridge 14
Perk Valley 14 Downingtown West 10
CB South 17 Spring-Ford 14
Archbishop Wood 21 McDonogh 20
Pine Richland 28 IMG Academy 14
Imhotep Charter 21 LaSalle 7

There looks to be a lot of great games this weekend. Personally, I’ll be taking in NP Neshaminy. It doesn’t get much better than that for opening weekend!

Burrs - any insight on PCL matchups? Tep-LS and AW-McD seem to be the marquee matchups in that league.

Neshaminy 28 North Penn 14
Pennridge 28 Del Valley 10
CB South 28 Spring-Ford 14
Garnet Valley 35 Unionville 14
Archbishop Wood 24 McDonogh 17
CB West 35 Hatboro Horsham 14
IMG 42 Pine Richland 10
Imhotep 28 LaSalle 10

Neshaminy 21 North Penn 20
Delaware Valley 20 Pennridge 14
Perk Valley 14 Downingtown West 10
CB South 17 Spring-Ford 14
Archbishop Wood 21 McDonogh 20
Pine Richland 28 IMG Academy 14
Imhotep Charter 21 LaSalle 7

I like green_beans picks but flipped the ones in bold.

There looks to be a lot of great games this weekend. Personally, I’ll be taking in NP Neshaminy. It doesn’t get much better than that for opening weekend!

Burrs - any insight on PCL matchups? Tep-LS and AW-McD seem to be the marquee matchups in that league.

Yes, they seem to be the two marquee games of the first weekend. I saw Imhotep in person last week and as usual they have some serious playmakers, very good overall numbers, speed on defense, and good size on the line. It will be interesting to see who wins the QB job there or if they decide to split the time, at least early on. I thought both players had moments in the scrimmage.

LaSalle has a lot new faces and may need some time to get the QB up to snuff, a position that is usually beyond solid for them. And I'm not suggesting that it won't be solid this year either, but with all the turnover and inexperience it just might take some time. I watched LS's scrimmage vs Neshaminy and for the most part it was competitive. LS had a TD called back on a long pass. Neshaminy scored one offensive TD and picked off two passes that went for scores. One of those during the 10-play segment. In-between those moments I thought the scrimmage was fairly even, as both teams had some good offensive plays, but the defenses also had moments, too.

Depending on how you look at it if you're a LS fan getting Imhotep early on Week 1 might be good or bad. Good in that the Panthers despite their excellent talent could need a few weeks to workout the kinks in some of the attention to detail stuff. Bad in that LS is inexperienced and Imhotep's talent level might just be too much for them to handle at this point.

My gut is that LS at least hangs around for awhile, as they probably won't hurt themselves all that much. However, Imhotep has the ability to strike at any time and I think that will happen a couple of times during this game. I see the Panthers leaving Upper Dublin with a double-digit win.

I watched the AW/PSB game on Hudl last night and I was very impressed with the Vikings. Shocker. Their OL looked like it was the end of October. They were vary balanced. The QB looked seasoned and poised, as he hit multiple WRs during the scrimmage. The kid Blackstone ran hard and is strong. He could be primed for a big year and they complimented him with a couple of other kids. Nothing crazy jumping off the screen for the Vikings. Just solid execution and good football. And to be honest with you I thought Pennsbury looked ok. They appear to have a good, capable QB, and at least one playmaking WR. Maybe, a little young in some areas, but certainly not chopped liver either.

I saw McDonogh last year vs Lasalle and Malvern, which were two games that they won. Not sure how much they lost from a personnel standpoint, but they had an excellent/athletic QB that I do believe was a senior last year. They have a new coach as the former guy retired after 24 years of service. Taking his place is a McDonogh grad, who served under the previous coach for the last 8 years. So, I doubt much will change from a philosophy standpoint. They play in a great league, so they should be more than just a worthy opponent for the Vikings. i suspect that this will be a good game that could come down to the final quarter. Just hard for me to say for sure without knowing McDonogh's players.

Some other games that should be interesting...

West Catholic @ Pottsgrove: I'd be surprised if either team ran away from the other in this one. If a disciplined WC team shows up then they should have the athlete advantage and they return more contributors from last year than PG does. It will be interesting to see how PG adjusts with life without Faison. i expect their QB to be much more involved. Not only with more throwing (Nothing too crazy as PG will still be a heavy run team, I think), but with him running the ball, too

Roman @ Conwell-Egan: Interesting match-up. C-E has some serious playmakers led by Boston College commit Patrick Garwo, but he is far from a one-man show. Roman's defense might be able to slow them down some, but I'm not sure if the Cahiliites will be able to score enough to counter what the Eagles have. It might behoove RC to play ball control and chew into the clock because CE has much more quick-strike potential.

Judge @ Ridley:
The Crusaders return Dooley at QB and Joseph has a very capable skill player who can do damage in all three phases of the game. Will they have enough around them to win some of their 50/50 (Give or take) games on their schedule. I saw their scrimmage vs MLK. They had some nice moments on offense, but gave up at least three long TD scores. not if the MLK players were that fast, or if Judge was slow on defense. I was told that Ridley was very young and returned little in terms of experience, but I liked what I saw from them in their scrimmage vs AP. Not sure how good AP is this year, but they have been a nice program as of late. Ridley looked disciplined and well-coached. They spread the ball around with nice blend of run/pass. The QB looked capable. Defensively, nothing jumped off the screen, but positionally they were disciplined and stayed at home, which limited AP's big-play ability. Judge needs to play a clean game to leave Morton Ave with win and they didn't do that last year.

North Penn 35 Neshaminy 21
Pennridge 28 Delaware Valley 20
CB South 21 Spring-Ford 10
Garnet Valley 28 Unionville 14
Archbishop Wood 31 McDonogh 28
CB West 20 Hatboro Horsham 14
** IMG Academy 35 Pine Richland 28
Imhotep Charter 35 LaSalle 14

I think CB West beats HH. Spring-Ford over CB South, Del Val in close one vs Pennridge, and North Penn over Neshaminy in the SOL game of the week.

To round out picks I’m going with Dowingtown, Garnet Valley, IMG, Imhotep, and Wood. All by at least 14 points.

Burrs, West C vs Pottsgrove and Judge vs Ridley have turned out to be fun barometers the past few years. I hope they keep playing each other.

PCL, I could definitely see WC/PG doing at least one more year because this is the 3rd year of their series. Not sure if FJ/RD will go longer than the two-year agreement.

PCL, I could definitely see WC/PG doing at least one more year because this is the 3rd year of their series. Not sure if FJ/RD will go longer than the two-year agreement.
I went to a tri- scrimmage between McDevitt, New Hope and Springfield Montco and I was glad to see that Springfield had over 40 players this year after cancelling their season I believe last year or the prior year. McDevitt and New Nope numbers were sparse compared to prior years. Lonnie Rice from McDevitt is a player to watch at safety and QB.

Yes, they seem to be the two marquee games of the first weekend. I saw Imhotep in person last week and as usual they have some serious playmakers, very good overall numbers, speed on defense, and good size on the line. It will be interesting to see who wins the QB job there or if they decide to split the time, at least early on. I thought both players had moments in the scrimmage.

LaSalle has a lot new faces and may need some time to get the QB up to snuff, a position that is usually beyond solid for them. And I'm not suggesting that it won't be solid this year either, but with all the turnover and inexperience it just might take some time. I watched LS's scrimmage vs Neshaminy and for the most part it was competitive. LS had a TD called back on a long pass. Neshaminy scored one offensive TD and picked off two passes that went for scores. One of those during the 10-play segment. In-between those moments I thought the scrimmage was fairly even, as both teams had some good offensive plays, but the defenses also had moments, too.

Depending on how you look at it if you're a LS fan getting Imhotep early on Week 1 might be good or bad. Good in that the Panthers despite their excellent talent could need a few weeks to workout the kinks in some of the attention to detail stuff. Bad in that LS is inexperienced and Imhotep's talent level might just be too much for them to handle at this point.

My gut is that LS at least hangs around for awhile, as they probably won't hurt themselves all that much. However, Imhotep has the ability to strike at any time and I think that will happen a couple of times during this game. I see the Panthers leaving Upper Dublin with a double-digit win.

I watched the AW/PSB game on Hudl last night and I was very impressed with the Vikings. Shocker. Their OL looked like it was the end of October. They were vary balanced. The QB looked seasoned and poised, as he hit multiple WRs during the scrimmage. The kid Blackstone ran hard and is strong. He could be primed for a big year and they complimented him with a couple of other kids. Nothing crazy jumping off the screen for the Vikings. Just solid execution and good football. And to be honest with you I thought Pennsbury looked ok. They appear to have a good, capable QB, and at least one playmaking WR. Maybe, a little young in some areas, but certainly not chopped liver either.

I saw McDonogh last year vs Lasalle and Malvern, which were two games that they won. Not sure how much they lost from a personnel standpoint, but they had an excellent/athletic QB that I do believe was a senior last year. They have a new coach as the former guy retired after 24 years of service. Taking his place is a McDonogh grad, who served under the previous coach for the last 8 years. So, I doubt much will change from a philosophy standpoint. They play in a great league, so they should be more than just a worthy opponent for the Vikings. i suspect that this will be a good game that could come down to the final quarter. Just hard for me to say for sure without knowing McDonogh's players.

Some other games that should be interesting...

West Catholic @ Pottsgrove: I'd be surprised if either team ran away from the other in this one. If a disciplined WC team shows up then they should have the athlete advantage and they return more contributors from last year than PG does. It will be interesting to see how PG adjusts with life without Faison. i expect their QB to be much more involved. Not only with more throwing (Nothing too crazy as PG will still be a heavy run team, I think), but with him running the ball, too

Roman @ Conwell-Egan: Interesting match-up. C-E has some serious playmakers led by Boston College commit Patrick Garwo, but he is far from a one-man show. Roman's defense might be able to slow them down some, but I'm not sure if the Cahiliites will be able to score enough to counter what the Eagles have. It might behoove RC to play ball control and chew into the clock because CE has much more quick-strike potential.

Judge @ Ridley:
The Crusaders return Dooley at QB and Joseph has a very capable skill player who can do damage in all three phases of the game. Will they have enough around them to win some of their 50/50 (Give or take) games on their schedule. I saw their scrimmage vs MLK. They had some nice moments on offense, but gave up at least three long TD scores. not if the MLK players were that fast, or if Judge was slow on defense. I was told that Ridley was very young and returned little in terms of experience, but I liked what I saw from them in their scrimmage vs AP. Not sure how good AP is this year, but they have been a nice program as of late. Ridley looked disciplined and well-coached. They spread the ball around with nice blend of run/pass. The QB looked capable. Defensively, nothing jumped off the screen, but positionally they were disciplined and stayed at home, which limited AP's big-play ability. Judge needs to play a clean game to leave Morton Ave with win and they didn't do that last year.

** Game of the week

My upset of the week:

Northeast wouldn’t be an upset. And Imhotep will beat LaSalle by more than one score.

Reactions: newman107
ADVERTISEMENT