ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Night Check In

MaternDeiWarrior

Nov 9, 2004
What game or games will you be attending this extended weekend?

MDW will be back in the friendly confines of Crawford Stadium tomorrow (Thursday) night for the SOL Continental Showdown between NP and the Titans of CB South. Expecting another night of big numbers on the scoreboard.

O/U set at 73.5

In Abington on Thursday night for the Skins and Galloping Ghosts clash.

Probably won't make it, but the boys are meeting at Bernie's on Highland Ave, less than a mile from the high school.

Saturday night for me in Trenton for Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman at the Patriot's Theater.

Reactions: yesman3
Probably won't make it, but the boys are meeting at Bernie's on Highland Ave, less than a mile from the high school.

Saturday night for me in Trenton for Yes featuring Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman at the Patriot's Theater.

Can't wait brother!!.. what color sequin cape you think Wakeman goes with, purple or gold? :D

Reactions: Relayer
Pennsbury at Bensalem Thursday night.

More then a chance. Bensalem lost in OT to the Falcons last year. In a game they were up 14-0 at half. This is one that has been marked on their schedule since the end of last season. Should be another great game.

Enjoy the concert!

A stop at Bernie's might have to be in order.

It took all the Skins had to come away with the win. They had zero answer for the Ghosts' running attack. #1 had a field day.

Fletch -

I think they were reading the press clippings again.

Saturday they were world beaters (and tacklers). Tonight they were expecting the Ghosts to fall over just cuz they showed up (didn't seem to remember how to tackle).

A little too lackadaisical.

I'd spend the next 9 days focusing on the basics.

Agreed. It reminded me of the GV playoff game last year, just against a much worse opponent. RBs were 10 yards downfield before Skins were able to locate them.

On O, I feel they could have thrown it at will, but they seemed to go away from the pass in the middle of the game.

Neshaminy is kind of weird this year. They have some excellent weapons in McAndrew, Joyce, Garlick and especially Manzyk. The O line seems to be doing a pretty decent job. They have what seems to be a very good, tough, disruptive defensive line in DiFrancesco, Figueroa, Silinok, and Hitchen. They have two terrific linebackers in Manzyk and Garlick. John Hughes makes some plays occasionally, and Chris Majors seems to be a decent linebacker for a sophomore. Stills was a good Dback last year. Good closing speed and pass defender, but this year is getting beat some. the other corner started well, but has noticeably fell off recently, and the safety, who is pretty good in pass coverage, has missed too many openfield tackles. They seem to really be missing last year's big (6'2) shutdown corner, Jacob Gordon, and 6'4 safety Zach Tredway. The undersized corners are being exposed by big wideouts. Poor tackling especially in the second and third levels has hurt them. As has the graduation of long snapper/TE Ben Raab, as placements have been really spotty mostly due to the snapping. Putting Manzyk in the backfield is a little like putting Denny Lord back there, it helps the ground game, but in Manzyk's case, takes him out as a consistent downfield receiving threat.

The very talented QB, a soph, is still learning how to play and make decisions under pressure. He is improving and could be a real problem for opponents later in the year. But, those gaffs on D, the placement kicking game

They are a very dangerous team to play against, especially since they seem to be running the ball better, but they also look beatable on some nights. Not a recipe for playoff success. But other teams would be crazy to want to play them in the playoffs.

Iron Marshal -

Good points.

I think this year's group has the ability to control their own destiny so long as they stay focused and don't get ahead of themselves. The Abington game reminded me of the D-Town contest and it seemed in both they went in counting the "W" before it was earned.

And I think Wilmot wants to see the ground game the equal of the aerial side of the offense (and that may be why it seemed they shelved the pass for a while). Course all four offensive scores were through the air so at the end of the day they didn't get too far away from using McAndrew's arm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT