ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Update

Of course there is a loophole for hardship cases. In other words, nothing will change. I'll be waiting anxiously for the PIAA to inform Nuemann-Goretti that several of their players will be ineligible for the 2020 post-season.

It sounds like we are headed to 7 classifications, huh? Why not go back to the old 4 classification set-up and make 5A the “super class?”

This is all Smoke and mirrors. Really no change to the policy. If you can prove the case for a transfer, you will be eligible. This is purely to restrict the Private and Charter schools. Might have been the driver for the mass exodus of tenured coaches in the PCL-Hoops this past season. The writing has been on the wall and they were not going to be able to poach players anymore.

This is all Smoke and mirrors. Really no change to the policy. If you can prove the case for a transfer, you will be eligible. This is purely to restrict the Private and Charter schools. Might have been the driver for the mass exodus of tenured coaches in the PCL-Hoops this past season. The writing has been on the wall and they were not going to be able to poach players anymore.

It just means they have to "poach" earlier...those "academic scholarships" will be going out to all the 8th/9th graders now. The coaches have to recruit 14/15 yo instead of 16 yo.

Of course there is a loophole for hardship cases. In other words, nothing will change. I'll be waiting anxiously for the PIAA to inform Nuemann-Goretti that several of their players will be ineligible for the 2020 post-season.

Relayer,
The solution that will never happen:

Go back to 3 or 4 classifications (by size criteria), and have Public-nonPublic divisions. Btw.. we're getting close to that time (late July-early August) when that Catholicism bug starts starts to infiltrate some of those higher profiled Pub kids. I suppose we can add certain Charters to that malady. My sense is this contagion may not drift it's way toward Warminster as frequently observed in year's past?? I've dismissed Cath to Cath movement/transfers as nothing more than lower level white-collar crime.

Jon Davison is not and will never be Jon Anderson.. ARW

Reactions: Relayer
Relayer,
The solution that will never happen:

Go back to 3 or 4 classifications (by size criteria), and have Public-nonPublic divisions. Btw.. we're getting close to that time (late July-early August) when that Catholicism bug starts starts to infiltrate some of those higher profiled Pub kids. I suppose we can add certain Charters to that malady. My sense is this contagion may not drift it's way toward Warminster as frequently observed in year's past?? I've dismissed Cath to Cath movement/transfers as nothing more than lower level white-collar crime.

Jon Davison is not and will never be Jon Anderson.. ARW

YM
More transfers in wyndmoor than warminster lately with nothing to show for it.

Agree with policy as transfers became over the top pub and private, but I guess if you go to Prep and can no longer afford the 25k per year or do not like commute you cannot transfer back to home school district in Lansdale and play in the playoffs after frosh year. Maybe you could get a hardship if based on financial reasons, hard to prove you can afford to pay 25k a year for HS vs free.

YM
More transfers in wyndmoor than warminster lately with nothing to show for it.

Agree with policy as transfers became over the top pub and private, but I guess if you go to Prep and can no longer afford the 25k per year or do not like commute you cannot transfer back to home school district in Lansdale and play in the playoffs after frosh year. Maybe you could get a hardship if based on financial reasons, hard to prove you can afford to pay 25k a year for HS vs free.

Welcome to the forum, can’t disagree with your thoughts..

As I mentioned to Relayer, publicly and privately, the definition and application of “hardship” will really get tested/debated with this new ruling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT