3. Imhotep Charter 1-1 (12)
4. Aliquippa 2-0 (7)
5. Pittsburgh Central Catholic 2-1 (7)
6. Gateway 3-0 (7)
7. Roman Catholic 3-0 (12)
8. Erie Cathedral Prep 1-1 (10)
9. Harrisburg 1-1 (3)
10.Garnet Valley 3-0 (1)

Honorable Mention (no order): Exeter Twp. (3), Wyomissing (3), Emmaus (11), Coatesville (1), Manheim Township (3), Upper Dublin (1), Cumberland Valley (3)

Reactions: Stalker
Erie prep should be #4 IMO. They are loaded this year and Clarkson North who they defeated a couple weeks ago went into Ohio and whooped on mentor oh. I think they win 5A this year.

Here's a better list:
1. St Joe's
2. Erie prep
3. Imhotep
4. Aliquippa
5. Bishop mcdevitt
6. Pittsburgh CC
7. Emmaus
8. Gateway
9. North Allegheny
1O. Harrisburg

Honorable mention: central valley, Garnett valley, McKeesport, roman Catholic, oil city, Upper St Clair, Wyomissing, Manheim township

Last edited:
gateway is the most overrated team by far

USC will win 5A and prove once and for all Render was just a grouchy curmudgeon

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Glad there's some good discussion going on. I think that McDevitt's win over LaSalle showed improvement from wk 1. As a young team I think they will only get better. Imhotep losing to Archbishop Spalding is a bit of a letdown. If they are the team we think they are they shouldn't lose to a team from Maryland unless it's DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. John's Prep, or Gonzaga. They're about the only teams that would compete for a state championship in PA.

We'll see as the year goes on. I'm just ranking teams based on what they are currently, not where they were or where they're going.

Reactions: Stalker
Here's a better list:
1. St Joe's
2. Erie prep
3. Imhotep
4. Aliquippa
5. Bishop mcdevitt
6. Pittsburgh CC
7. Emmaus
8. Gateway
9. North Allegheny
1O. Harrisburg

Honorable mention: central valley, Garnett valley, McKeesport, roman Catholic, oil city, Upper St Clair, Wyomissing, Manheim township
@Haus, your list isn't that much different. Swap out Garnet & Roman for Emmaus and North Alleghany. I think Roman is better than both those teams. You obviously know and think highly of ECP. Maybe your right, who knows. McDevitt & ECP will never play so it's simply a matter of opinion. I think anyone can throw Imhotep, Aliquippa, McDevitt, and ECP in hat and just pick one-they're all really good teams. I just rank em as I see it right now. A lot happens in a long HS season.

@Haus, your list isn't that much different. Swap out Garnet & Roman for Emmaus and North Alleghany. I think Roman is better than both those teams. You obviously know and think highly of ECP. Maybe your right, who knows. McDevitt & ECP will never play so it's simply a matter of opinion. I think anyone can throw Imhotep, Aliquippa, McDevitt, and ECP in hat and just pick one-they're all really good teams. I just rank em as I see it right now. A lot happens in a long HS season.
Your list is good, this is just my opinion. I do disagree Romans better then NA but no way to find out since they don't play. For the most part we do have a lot of the same teams just in a different order. I'm an ecp grad so Im a little bias towards them but they got the talent this year with their D1 guys being their QB, rb/lb, wr/db, and their tackle. Plus they're senor heavy. They have a quality win in Clarkson North who blew out mentor oh last week. I think a better measuring stick for them will be when they play their rival McDowell in a couple weeks which they haven't beat the last 2 seasons. The biggest question for them is having a new coach after Mike Mischler retire. It's hard to argue Imhotep at 2 though. They beat mcdevitt who just blew out la salle. Like you said a lot of football left to play so it'll sort itself out.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Glad there's some good discussion going on. I think that McDevitt's win over LaSalle showed improvement from wk 1. As a young team I think they will only get better. Imhotep losing to Archbishop Spalding is a bit of a letdown. If they are the team we think they are they shouldn't lose to a team from Maryland unless it's DeMatha, Good Counsel, St. John's Prep, or Gonzaga. They're about the only teams that would compete for a state championship in PA.

We'll see as the year goes on. I'm just ranking teams based on what they are currently, not where they were or where they're going.
Archbishop Spalding is a very solid program and is highly regarded so teps loss was not a huge suprise to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT