ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 (regardless of classification...Week 16

not_a_fan

May 7, 2011
Updated rankings for Week 16…State Championship weekend across PA. Below the rankings are my official picks for the games this weekend. Enjoy everyone!

1. St. Joe’s Prep 11-1 (12)
2. Bishop McDevitt 12-1 (3)
3. Harrisburg 11-2 (3)
4. Aliquippa 13-0 (7)
5. Pine-Richland 12-3 (7)
6. Imhotep Charter 10-2 (12)
7. State College 13-1 (6)
8. Belle Vernon 11-2 (7)
9. Neumann-Goretti 11-3 (12)
10. Garnet Valley 14-1 (1)

Honorable Mention (no order): Erie Cathedral Prep (10), Cocalico (3), Allentown Central Catholic (11), Upper Dublin (1), Wyomissing (3), Westinghouse (8)

6A-SJP 35-Harrisburg 13

5A-Pine-Richland 24-Imhotep 20

4A-McDevitt 28-Aliquippa 27

3A-Belle Vernon 34-N-G 21

2A-Southern Columbia 28-Westinghouse 12

1A-Steelton-Highspire 34-Union 31

Reactions: RCH13co18
A little late to the Harrisburg party 'Not' but welcome in! We're forgiving souls in The Burg and appreciate the efforts. I realize I see some of these teams (D3) and that's an advantage. Video/film just gets you so far and most don't go that far!
Cougars, Crusaders and Rollers have some kind of football teams this year. But I've been around long enough to realize on any given Friday or Saturday....!?!?!?!? But it looks like a number of good games throughout the classifications this year.

Is Garnet Valley better than Upper Dublin? No shame in losing to Imhotep by only 7.
UD's defense probably surprised ICS holding them way down, 120 some rush yards. Problem was UD only got 35. Not gonna win many games at 35 rush yards. I could work it out relayer, doing "what the math says" piece and see how they stack up but feel UD would be ahead of GV with their passing game and defense. Working on the 6 playoff games now.

A little late to the Harrisburg party 'Not' but welcome in! We're forgiving souls in The Burg and appreciate the efforts. I realize I see some of these teams (D3) and that's an advantage. Video/film just gets you so far and most don't go that far!
Cougars, Crusaders and Rollers have some kind of football teams this year. But I've been around long enough to realize on any given Friday or Saturday....!?!?!?!? But it looks like a number of good games throughout the classifications this year.
Haha, better late than never. I'm hoping they can keep it close with Prep. Who knows what could happen in a close game in the 4th Q....these are still 17-18 yo kids.

Reactions: Stalker
Is Garnet Valley better than Upper Dublin? No shame in losing to Imhotep by only 7.
Probably a toss up honestly. I would take GV head-to-head so that's why I kept them in. Hard to totally discount them b/c of the Prep game. I'm not sure UD would have fared any better at all.

Reactions: BJMaher
GV, CBWest, NPenn, UD, CBEast & Pennsbury looked all about the same. NPenn the best pass team, Pennsbury the best run. I liked East to take D1 but they had a huge injury with their stud RB out, game changer.

West played GV close besides the score of the final, West had a shot of that one - score not reflected of competition.

UD might have a slight advantage as they put a hurting on West but NPenn was a tight one.

I didn’t see GV against Prep but heard it was ugly; would be interested in people’s take of that matchup. Guess it didn’t matter who SJP played.

GV, CBWest, NPenn, UD, CBEast & Pennsbury looked all about the same. NPenn the best pass team, Pennsbury the best run. I liked East to take D1 but they had a huge injury with their stud RB out, game changer.

West played GV close besides the score of the final, West had a shot of that one - score not reflected of competition.

UD might have a slight advantage as they put a hurting on West but NPenn was a tight one.

I didn’t see GV against Prep but heard it was ugly; would be interested in people’s take of that matchup. Guess it didn’t matter who SJP played.
Shine SHOULD have been out for the playoff game vs West but he did play (21 for 134) for most of the game until they mercifully pulled him out. Much of that yardage was in the first half but to little effect as West led 28-0 at the half. As you said, really tough to separate the teams you listed... West was ugly vs UD but they also shot themselves in the foot repeatedly starting with the fumbled opening kickoff and so very tough to judge if the "good" West team would have given them a better game. Hard to square that result with UD needing a miracle to beat North Penn, but that's high school football. I'm going to write up an SOL National recap soon, which will obviously be CB West heavy but will touch on everything I saw this year around the league.

Reactions: solfootballfan
Seems everybody's is beating on Garnet Valley since they got smoked by St Joe's prep. Harrisburg is also down 35 to 0 at the half to St Joe's prep. I think Garnet Valley - Upper Dublin would be a great game. Don't forget Garnet Valley is 68-4 against District 1 the last 6 years. Seems the St Joe's thrashing Garnet Valley received has made people forget how dominant they have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT